Reassure me..

Don't worry, I'll be better than the Dems after 2000. I won't go around saying "He's not my president" or think about leaving the country.

Can I quote you on this?

National polls are meaningless. It's all about the electoral college, and even then, it is way too close to call with the massive number of new voters.

Time will tell.

alien21010 said:
Can I quote you on this?

Would it have mattered if we all quoted the dimly lit bulbs who swore this before the 2000 election? It's a shame those bungholes didn't follow through on their vows to leave the country.

jimnyc said:
Would it have mattered if we all quoted the dimly lit bulbs who swore this before the 2000 election? It's a shame those bungholes didn't follow through on their vows to leave the country.

Still waiting for Babs to leave?????

Im going to say this once. Hawaii and New Jersey are going to Bush. Without them as small as they are, Kerry doesnt have a shot it hell.

If you think about how many new voters there are, remember that a lot of these people were talked into registering by someone else so you have to wonder how many will actually exert the effort to vote.

The problem with winning is that you then have awesome responsibility. Both candidates have made grandiose claims regarding their plans for the next 4. Problem is, can either one of them really deliver on their promises, given the current world and economic dilemmas of today. I think right now would be a good time for each of us to write ourselves a list of what we expect of the candidate of our choice, and disregarding any excuses...on either side ...just take our you list and grade it in 4 years. Please share

Its real easy to get caught up on all the fun and excitement of the campaign and election, but this is really serious business . Bush is a "known" and alot of people feel confident in him and seriously believe he has the right people and the right plan of action. Kerry has seriously bragged himself up and presented his promises.

My thoughts : promises made during a campaign are rarely realistic, can and will be broken and any agenda is highly dependant on the whims of the congress, (somebody to blame if things go bad.) I think that two or three important issues would be plenty for any administration. Right now I guess the top issue is settling the war in Iraq, but you could add just one or two of the following, homeland security, affordable healthcare, securing social security, ending nuclear proliferation, , reducing the defecit ,or brokering a peace in the middle east crisis. Ending the Iraq war and providing a sustainable and working solution to any of the above will take wisdom and leadership.

I ,for one, think we ask for too many miracles from these candidates. I would like to hear fewer promises and then I would like to see determination and full-fledged effort after election to see those promises kept.

sagegirl said:
The problem with winning is that you then have awesome responsibility. Both candidates have made grandiose claims regarding their plans for the next 4. Problem is, can either one of them really deliver on their promises, given the current world and economic dilemmas of today. I think right now would be a good time for each of us to write ourselves a list of what we expect of the candidate of our choice, and disregarding any excuses...on either side ...just take our you list and grade it in 4 years. Please share

Its real easy to get caught up on all the fun and excitement of the campaign and election, but this is really serious business . Bush is a "known" and alot of people feel confident in him and seriously believe he has the right people and the right plan of action. Kerry has seriously bragged himself up and presented his promises.

My thoughts : promises made during a campaign are rarely realistic, can and will be broken and any agenda is highly dependant on the whims of the congress, (somebody to blame if things go bad.) I think that two or three important issues would be plenty for any administration. Right now I guess the top issue is settling the war in Iraq, but you could add just one or two of the following, homeland security, affordable healthcare, securing social security, ending nuclear proliferation, , reducing the defecit ,or brokering a peace in the middle east crisis. Ending the Iraq war and providing a sustainable and working solution to any of the above will take wisdom and leadership.

I ,for one, think we ask for too many miracles from these candidates. I would like to hear fewer promises and then I would like to see determination and full-fledged effort after election to see those promises kept.

I think we need to understand that Bush and Kerry are just figureheads for two parties that want to continue to have the financial support of the real rulers of the world.

I've been pleasantly distracted by family matters here in Colorado but this is one frickin crazy place politically !! I'm maybe wrong but I'm getting convinced that we are going to enter a political quagmire after the people vote and the election will again be decided by lawyers. :chains:

dilloduck said:
I've been pleasantly distracted by family matters here in Colorado but this is one frickin crazy place politically !! I'm maybe wrong but I'm getting convinced that we are going to enter a political quagmire after the people vote and the election will again be decided by lawyers. :chains:

Colorado? im not worried about Colorado. From what ive heard Kerry pulled his funding from Colorado today.

Colorado? im not worried about Colorado. From what ive heard Kerry pulled his funding from Colorado today.

I'm worried more about claims of fraud etc.--not actual voting #s

dilloduck said:
I think we need to understand that Bush and Kerry are just figureheads for two parties that want to continue to have the financial support of the real rulers of the world.

the real rulers?

dilloduck said:
The globally aware entrepeneurs who understand power and money.

Now you're talking. This perspecive is a quantum leap for alot of people. They're like deer caught in the headlights. What we need for president is a master chess player who knows his game well.

I can only hope so! Bush was here today in Greely, CO.

The last Zogby Poll was an anomoly it had Kerry ahead by 7 points, ridiculous there has not been one poll in CO that had Bush ahead by less than 5 points the entire election season.

Note the trend in California [from the link in previous post]. If Kerry loses that, he's screwed. Forget Colorado. Has about as much of a chance of happening though.

Forum List

Back