Reassure me..

theim

May 11, 2004
Madison, WI
Please tell me John "Global Test" Kerry is not going to win. Kerry will be a liberal worse than Clinton, comparable to Jimmy Carter.

I mean in this day and age I want the right for our country to attack whoever the hell is enabling those terrorists. When WE feel it is necessary. NOT after we pass the Global Frickn' Test. I mean forgive me, but if a guy thinks that 12 years is a "rush to war", something tells me that he will not be as aggressive against terror as I would prefer.

Now with some bad numbers coming from Ohio, a state which every previous Republican president has needed to win, I fear that Kerry and his appeasment attitude of groveling to nations who hate us (France, Germany, Belgium, etc) will be the order of the day.

You know John, people from other countries were watching those debates. Your whole argument was "Americans are taking 90% of the casualties, so we must convince our allies to send more troops."

So let's pretend I am an ally of the US in the Iraq War.

Kerry called me coerced and bribed.
Kerry and the DNC have called me a puppet to Bush.
Kerry now wants me to send more of my people to get shot up to take some pressure of his forces.

I would tell him to go f*** himself! But everyone thinks Kerry is some superhuman diplomatic negotiator! How?!?!

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Relax, man. Bush will win. The polls always says it's close. It makes everything more exciting! ( ahem..... ratings .... ahem.....) The polls said Dukakis had a chance too. Remember that.

I too share some angst... :-/ A very close feeling to that which I had in 1992 and GB vs Clinton.

It boggles my mind how otherwise reasonable, rational people buy into the bullshit which comes from Kerry's mouth.

Lets see, Kerry had every advantage in the debates he could imagine and yet Bush has gained ground. Kerry does not have the full support of three major consitutency groups Democrats need to win: Blacks, Jews, and women. He is still trying to sure up his base. Meanwhile President Bush is out campaigning and winning in blue states that John Kerry should have by 10% margins such as iowa, minnesota, wisconsin, Michagan, etc. Bush is neck and neck in Hawaii and New Jersey.

The only group that can turn the tide are the unpolled dead voters group. The dead tend to vote Democrat.

Of course with the recent news that Democrats registered a few terrorists to vote in Ohio, i think we may be able to get some more support.

BTW. I think Kerry will be worse than Carter. Only this time Republicans would have some power to check them. atleast until they appoint more liberal judges to the USSC and start throwing out every piece of conservative legislation.

theim said:
Please tell me John "Global Test" Kerry is not going to win. Kerry will be a liberal worse than Clinton, comparable to Jimmy Carter.

I mean in this day and age I want the right for our country to attack whoever the hell is enabling those terrorists. When WE feel it is necessary. NOT after we pass the Global Frickn' Test. I mean forgive me, but if a guy thinks that 12 years is a "rush to war", something tells me that he will not be as aggressive against terror as I would prefer.

Now with some bad numbers coming from Ohio, a state which every previous Republican president has needed to win, I fear that Kerry and his appeasment attitude of groveling to nations who hate us (France, Germany, Belgium, etc) will be the order of the day.

You know John, people from other countries were watching those debates. Your whole argument was "Americans are taking 90% of the casualties, so we must convince our allies to send more troops."

So let's pretend I am an ally of the US in the Iraq War.

Kerry called me coerced and bribed.
Kerry and the DNC have called me a puppet to Bush.
Kerry now wants me to send more of my people to get shot up to take some pressure of his forces.

I would tell him to go f*** himself! But everyone thinks Kerry is some superhuman diplomatic negotiator! How?!?!

Relax...go take a hot shower or tub...and think positive. I sometimes feel the same way, by hearing/reading polls that say Kerry only leads by 2 points or less, the whole Ohio thing, Democrats getting despirate and breaking into RNC HQ's around the country. I do see your concern, and I share them with you. I try not to look at polls because they can easily be rigged and skewed to favor one side or the other.

I don't think that the American people would be THAT stupid to overlook the lies and bullshit that Kerry has put forth. Really, if Dean were the candidate for the 'rats, I would be much more worried about a DFL victory.

This country (just by my observations) is sick of being told that Bush lied, etc., when most people know that he did not. He used info that Clinton used. clinton was planning on doing the same as Bush, but Bush actually DID what he said he would. Protect us from terrorists and those who harbor them.

Kerry comes off as a pompous ass, who looks down on the working man, and Edwards can't seem to relate to the average person either, but tries using his "daddy was a mill worker" line.

It's ok theim...Bush is here, and he's gonna win!

-=d=- said:
I too share some angst... :-/ A very close feeling to that which I had in 1992 and GB vs Clinton.

It boggles my mind how otherwise reasonable, rational people buy into the bullshit which comes from Kerry's mouth.

Im right there with you D, it's scary to see otherwise intelligent people smiling at kerry and shaking his hand. I can't even watch the news anymore.......Im so turned off

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
fuzzykitten99 said:
Relax...go take a hot shower or tub...and think positive. I sometimes feel the same way, by hearing/reading polls that say Kerry only leads by 2 points or less, the whole Ohio thing, Democrats getting despirate and breaking into RNC HQ's around the country. I do see your concern, and I share them with you. I try not to look at polls because they can easily be rigged and skewed to favor one side or the other.

I don't think that the American people would be THAT stupid to overlook the lies and bullshit that Kerry has put forth. Really, if Dean were the candidate for the 'rats, I would be much more worried about a DFL victory.

This country (just by my observations) is sick of being told that Bush lied, etc., when most people know that he did not. He used info that Clinton used. clinton was planning on doing the same as Bush, but Bush actually DID what he said he would. Protect us from terrorists and those who harbor them.

Kerry comes off as a pompous ass, who looks down on the working man, and Edwards can't seem to relate to the average person either, but tries using his "daddy was a mill worker" line.

It's ok theim...Bush is here, and he's gonna win!

Sounds good, and in my heart I believe that, but there is this nagging feeling in my gut. And I hope enough people see it that way that Kerry is a lying pompous ass. I still have my questions about that...The thing that makes me feel better is the notion that on election day there will be some people who will vote for Bush becasue they feel comfortable wit him, and don't want to change presidents in a volatile world that we find ourselves in now.

I honestly feel that Bush will win by a larger margin than many expect. I think support for Bush is more than the media and the liberals will have us believe. But, I still do have that feeling of nervousness when I think about election day.

ChrisH said:
I honestly feel that Bush will win by a larger margin than many expect. I think support for Bush is more than the media and the liberals will have us believe. But, I still do have that feeling of nervousness when I think about election day.

See that's why I don't watch the news anymore, because I know Bush will win but I don't want to be aggravated till then. My mom will call me up daily and say "Did you hear what the liberal media is saying now about Bush"? and I tell her mom I don't even want to know..... :lalala:

drowe said:
I am very worried too.

Use the state polls and plug in who’s winning in the electoral vote page.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls.html
http://www.brothersjudd.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/contest.elecvote

Not a very promising forecast. I just hope it will be like a Dukakis repeat.

I have heard two prominant Pollsters say they both are predicting a 4 to 8 point win for Bush based on internals, and the fact that kerry's polls have not moved up since the debates, also Bush is trending upward by Zogby polling data. Hopefully it will be decisive enough that we won't be waiting for results till Easter.

quit yer whinin...

whoever is president, whether you like or not, you'll have to deal.

im prepared to accept whomever wins this election and put my faith into them. now if they fail me (or better yet US), that's a different story.

We'll you gotta feel REAL sorry for those 10,000+ lawyers the Dems have lined up who are just itchin' for a fight. You don't think they'd expect any political favors if they help Kerry take the White House in a legal coup do you?

Mainframe said:
quit yer whinin...

im prepared to accept whomever wins this election and put my faith into them. now if they fail me (or better yet US), that's a different story.
MF - Excuse me if my concern is perceived by you as whining. There is more to it than just the guy I like best winning or losing. There is a lot riding on this election.

http://www.kvnews.com/articles/2004/10/21/manwellercolumn/manwellercolumn.prt

I'm comforted by the fact that libs can only run so far from reality. If kerry is elected we may just have to get attacked one more time before the country rallies AGAIN and insist Kerry fight proactively, or just elect another republican in four years. How far south can it all go in four years? Nuclear winter you say? Ah fughedaboutit.

Everone knows that the election will come down to who wins in Ohio and Florida. The 10.24 Zogby poll shows Bush ahead in Ohio 47-42. The 10.24 Zogby poll in Florida has Bush in the lead 49-46. Kerry must win Pennsylvania to have any chance. Currently, he is ahead there 47-45 (Zogby, 10.24).

The election is still up for grabs. A lot will depend on how many "new voters" actually vote. According to the LA Times, new voters heavily favor Kerry 53-38: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/2004/la-na-newvoters24oct24,1,4690087.story?coll=la-home-headlines

The national polls are not very meaningful. Due to the electoral college system, it is the state polls that tell the story. The large leads that Kerry has in California and New York distort the national polls.

Here is the latest electoral college vote count: http://www.electoral-vote.com/ Click on any particular state to see the latest polls for that state. For example: http://www.electoral-vote.com/info/state-graphs.html

Mainframe said:
quit yer whinin...

Don't worry, I'll be better than the Dems after 2000. I won't go around saying "He's not my president" or think about leaving the country.

Forum List

Back