Reasons Why Seattle Will Beat Chicago!!!

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Number one: "Da Bears" is a stupid statement. It reflects the inability of Chicago-ans to use the English language correctly. In short they are stupid and have no real clue what they are talking about.

Number two: Mat Hasselbeck is a much nicer person than Jay Cutler.

Number three: Pete Carroll leads a charmed life.

Number four: It is much easier to build on what has already worked than figure out what went wrong and correct it. The dumb ass Bears fans fail to remember that their team has already lost to the Seahawks at Soldier Field this season. Even if they "think" they know how to reverse the outcome of the last meeting it is an unproven theory.

Three joke reasons, and one legit reason.

Seattle beat da Bears before Chicago's bye week. Martz didn't start fully utilizing the run game until after the bye week, and their run game since then has had success and has taken some of the pressure off having to move the ball with just Cutler's arm. Chicago has changed the dynamic of their offense since the last meeting, and I think that variable is a big reason why they're like 10-point favorites.

There's two major ifs as I see it. *If* Chicago's front five can form a pocket and open holes, and *if* Cutler can use that time to exploit gaps in the secondary with his arm, then Chicago can put up massive yards. If I remember right, they have one of the best red zone offenses in the league.

Da Bears' LB corps is better than the Saint's, so I don't see Lynch making those beast runs against Urlarcher and Co. I put my money on Chicago's defense playing well, like they demonstrated throughout the season, over the odds of Hasselbeck having another career game.

My feeling is that Jay Cutler waits til next week to crap his pants.

Sorry, Huggy.

Seattle beat da Bears before Chicago's bye week. Martz didn't start fully utilizing the run game until after the bye week, and their run game since then has had success and has taken some of the pressure off having to move the ball with just Cutler's arm. Chicago has changed the dynamic of their offense since the last meeting, and I think that variable is a big reason why they're like 10-point favorites.

There's two major ifs as I see it. *If* Chicago's front five can form a pocket and open holes, and *if* Cutler can use that time to exploit gaps in the secondary with his arm, then Chicago can put up massive yards. If I remember right, they have one of the best red zone offenses in the league.

Da Bears' LB corps is better than the Saint's, so I don't see Lynch making those beast runs against Urlarcher and Co. I put my money on Chicago's defense playing well, like they demonstrated throughout the season, over the odds of Hasselbeck having another career game.

I am pleased that the Seahawks are double digit underdogs. That incentive favors Seattle. It reinforces an unrealistic expectation based on what actually happened in their last meeting. What Martz corrected has not been proven against the team that beat the Bears VERY convincingly. The last game was not nearly as close as the final score would indicate. One extra healthy linebacker will not get Hasselbeck sacked nor stop THE BEAST.

Cutler was sacked six times last time ..Hasselbeck zero times.. The onus is on Chicago to have improved against this matchup.. Seattle was a crappy team just learning a new system with a buttload of new players. They have improved as much as any team in the NFL in the last three weeks. Chicago would have to have made super human improvements to overcome Seattle's improvement of a team that beat them easily already.

Betting odds are just where the money is going. They mean nothing in themselves. At least when a team is in transition from disjointed to cohesive it is difficult to assess their comparability to another team. All we really have to go on is past head to head performance and the quality of the last game both teams played. Based on that reality the odds are clearly biased against the facts. There are more people that "want" the Bears to win. Big whoop!

Last edited:
Number one: "Da Bears" is a stupid statement. It reflects the inability of Chicago-ans to use the English language correctly. In short they are stupid and have no real clue what they are talking about.

Number four: It is much easier to build on what has already worked than figure out what went wrong and correct it. The dumb ass Bears fans fail to remember that their team has already lost to the Seahawks at Soldier Field this season. Even if they "think" they know how to reverse the outcome of the last meeting it is an unproven theory.

Hey, I grew up in the Chicago burbs.:eusa_eh:

I am pleased that the Seahawks are double digit underdogs. That incentive favors Seattle. It reinforces an unrealistic expectation based on what actually happened in their last meeting. What Martz corrected has not been proven against the team that beat the Bears VERY convincingly. The last game was not nearly as close as the final score would indicate. One extra healthy linebacker will not get Hasselbeck sacked nor stop THE BEAST.

Cutler was sacked six times last time ..Hasselbeck zero times.. The onus is on Chicago to have improved against this matchup.. Seattle was a crappy team just learning a new system with a buttload of new players. They have improved as much as any team in the NFL in the last three weeks. Chicago would have to have made super human improvements to overcome Seattle's improvement of a team that beat them easily already.

Betting odds are just where the money is going. They mean nothing in themselves. At least when a team is in transition from disjointed to cohesive it is difficult to assess their comparability to another team. All we really have to go on is past head to head performance and the quality of the last game both teams played. Based on that reality the odds are clearly biased against the facts. There are more people that "want" the Bears to win. Big whoop!

I think you're still high off the Saints' loss and I'm not going to go on and shatter your homerism, just putting a counter-argument out there. 23-20 isn't "beating them easily".

Both teams have watched days of film on the other, and there's no accounting for the adjustments each will make, if those adjustments will be the right ones, and if they can be executed. Bet your car on Chicago playing to the blitz this time. I think Briggs was out in the last meeting, another variable.

No doubt if Seattle does win then people are going to be discussing the possibility of their Super Bowl appearance with a straight face. It would be an amazing playoff underdog story, maybe the greatest ever. Right now though, one game does not make a trend... but two would be the harbinger of one.

Hey, I grew up in the Chicago burbs.:eusa_eh:

Ya..and I used to own a couple of condos in Chicago and a key to the Playboy Club...So?:lol:

I know Chicago pretty well. Spent a lot of time there ...OK mostly partying.. Quality time!:lol:

I really like a place that is so totally corrupt that one can sell cocaine to the County District attorney. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

No........

No........

No?... What? You gonna hold your breath and turn blue?:lol:

Seattle's win by a mere 3 points in the last meeting is no cause for overconfidence. They squeeked out a win despite Chicago playing one of their worst ballgames of the season. When you take into consideration that The Bears were still trying to find who the best players were in a newly installed Martz offense. It was Cutlers first game back from a concussion, and they were 0 for 12 on 3rd downs mostly due to an offensive line still trying to figure out their assignments and Martz calling 7 step drops with such a bad o-line. :cuckoo: The defense had 0 sacks and Lance Briggs the Bears pro bowl linebacker was out, and will make a huge difference this next game. Sure the Seahags won but only by a meesly 3 points. A really good team, one deserving of all this over confidence, would have won by a much more convincing margin. The Seattle Seahawks will not be taken lightly as they knocked off the champs last week who did.
The Bears are a much improved squad then they were the last meeting. Seattle not so much. Both teams fans have reasons to be confident, but thinking Seattle will win because they beat the Bears "convincingly" last time is bogus :lol:

No........

No?... What? You gonna hold your breath and turn blue?:lol:

No, the seahags will get smoked ....

Seattle's win by a mere 3 points in the last meeting is no cause for overconfidence. They squeeked out a win despite Chicago playing one of their worst ballgames of the season. When you take into consideration that The Bears were still trying to find who the best players were in a newly installed Martz offense. It was Cutlers first game back from a concussion, and they were 0 for 12 on 3rd downs mostly due to an offensive line still trying to figure out their assignments and Martz calling 7 step drops with such a bad o-line. :cuckoo: The defense had 0 sacks and Lance Briggs the Bears pro bowl linebacker was out, and will make a huge difference this next game. Sure the Seahags won but only by a meesly 3 points. A really good team, one deserving of all this over confidence, would have won by a much more convincing margin. The Seattle Seahawks will not be taken lightly as they knocked off the champs last week who did.
The Bears are a much improved squad then they were the last meeting. Seattle not so much. Both teams fans have reasons to be confident, but thinking Seattle will win because they beat the Bears "convincingly" last time is bogus :lol:

The TD return was a fluke. It came very late in the game. Without that one play the margin would have been ten pts. For 59 minutes and 45 seconds the Bears were defeated soundly. Ya..it happened but OUR team was also getting used to a brand new system and in my experience special teams are the last phase to come up to speed. Your kick return team is no better than ours at this time. You will have to do a lot better than 2 field goals to gett'r done tomorrow. Thinking that Seattle is "not so much" improved will be the Bears undoing.

The Seahawks is a much more compelling story than The Bears. In a sense we represent the hopes of all of the teams that didn't make the playoffs. We are truly the Cinderella team that got dressed at the last minute for the ball. If we win tomorrow it will give all of the NFLs also rans a reason to believe. Every mediocre team will be thinking..."Hey! if the Seahawks could do it?...Why not us?" I think we have destiny on our side...It is a very compelling story.

1.) Avoid turnovers. Protect the football.

2.) Avoid costly penalties.

3.) RUN the ball consistently, putting yourself in third and short situations, and shortening the game.

4.) Score touchdowns. In postseason, every field goal you kick puts you that much closer to losing.

Forum List

Back