Reasons why businesses AREN'T hiring!

I wouldn't be hiring either with this administration in there now.

They are HOSTILE towards business with regulations and wanting to raise taxes on EVERYONE who makes over $250,000 dollars which will INCLUDE all small businesses.

Absolutely correct!
ONE perfect example directly from Obama's mouth!!!
Obama said in 2003:
“I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program.”
Barack Obama on single payer in 2003 | Physicians for a National Health Program

NOW I defy any DEFENDER of Obama to explain to me what happens to the 1,400 health insurance companies that PAY $100 billion A YEAR in:
A) Federal taxes.. who will make up the difference?
B) State income taxes....
C) Local income taxes..
D) Sales taxes
E) Property taxes.. in my city alone ONE health insurance company pays for it office building over $1 million a year in property taxes!

IF OBAMA had his way that and the other 1,400 companies would go bankrupt which is what HIS democrat Congressional representative said was her DESIRE!!!
"The Goal of Healthcare Reform is to Destroy Private Insurance Industry"
Schakowsky ecstatic about killing private health insurance - Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky - Zimbio

Another example of OBAMA WANTING businesses to go bankrupt..

"So, if somebody wants to build a coal[electric utility] plant, they can it’s just that it will bankrupt them,!"
Obama: We’ll bankrupt any new coal plants « Hot Air

WHY would he want any tax paying entity to go bankrupt?

They are HOSTILE towards business with regulations and wanting to raise taxes on EVERYONE who makes over $250,000 dollars which will INCLUDE all small businesses.

How fucking dumb are you?

The AVERAGE income of a small business OWNER is right around $100k.

That's AVERAGE.

And here your dumbass is, saying they ALL make at least $250k.

Absolutely correct!
Obama said in 2003:

NOW I defy any DEFENDER of Obama to explain to me what happens to the 1,400 health insurance companies that PAY $100 billion A YEAR in:
C) Local income taxes..
D) Sales taxes
E) Property taxes.. in my city alone ONE health insurance company pays for it office building over $1 million a year in property taxes!

IF OBAMA had his way that and the other 1,400 companies would go bankrupt which is what HIS democrat Congressional representative said was her DESIRE!!!
Schakowsky ecstatic about killing private health insurance - Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky - Zimbio

"So, if somebody wants to build a coal[electric utility] plant, they can it’s just that it will bankrupt them,!"

A Million a year in property taxes?

What is it, a building assessed at a billion dollars?

City and State please. Let's guage this bullshit right now.

Absolutely correct!
Obama said in 2003:

C) Local income taxes..
D) Sales taxes

I wonder what kind of boost it would be for US companies if they were put on a level playing field against other nations companies that don't have ANY health insurance costs since EVERY other industrialized nation has single payer health care.

If we put single payer in place you would be amazed how much more competitive US companies would suddenly become.

And by the way, the ENTIRE list of shit in the OP that you have to keep record of, per employee, takes all of a half an hour for any common human resources professional. Really? Really.

Probably not, but that only shows that you are too dumb to ever succeed in business.

Businesses aren't hiring (if in fact they're not) because consumers aren't buying. All other reasons are trivial.
========================
DUMB?? Are you too dumb to check out your stupid statement is WRONG?
===========
Oct 31, 2011 – The car industry is expected to report its best sales month since the cash-for-clunkers program more than two years ago.
wallstcheatsheet.com/.../consumers-are-buying-more-cars-than-norm...
================
Consumers are buying private label foods in unprecedented numbers. On October 1, 2011 In What's Hot.

Consumers Are Buying Bigger, More Expensive Vehicles
autos.aol.com › Articles

=======================

DUMB?? Are you too dumb to check out your stupid statement is WRONG?

It isn't wrong. The reason businesses aren't hiring, to the extent they in fact aren't, is because consumers aren't buying. All other reasons are trivial.

It might actually be that businesses ARE hiring. I do seem to recall that the private sector is creating quite a few jobs, and it's government jobs that are disappearing. What that means is that consumers ARE buying, and that is the reason why businesses ARE hiring. Either way, it's the same causal dynamic.

No demand, Pub paralysis of gov't (Jobs jobs jobs my butt) that ruin the WORLD recovery , fear mongering about NHC and Obama scads of regulations that don't exist.
NHC will save money, lives, according to everyone but Rush, Murdoch, and Rev. Moon. Pfffft!!

Pubs will pay in 2012. Their hypocrisy is too obvious except to dittoheads and racists.

You can list all of the examples you want. Here are the truths.....

1) If nobody is buying your product then you won't hire employees.

2) If there's a buck to be made then nothing will stop someone from making it and that includes hiring.

I own two businesses, which are completely different. One is a design firm with all long term employees the other is a restaurant which constantly churns employees, so I have a pretty good perspective on this. My wife manages the restaurant, but I do all the back office work for her including payroll.

On your point 1, you are completely correct and you are correct that is the biggest issue. But on #2 you're wrong regarding your hiring point. We do everything we can to avoid it.

#1) The paperwork - the point of the op is dead on. I keep a whole sheet of monthly and quarterly forms that have to be filed just to remember them all. I do payroll in Quickbooks which does a lot of the calculations for me. But it can only do so much.

#2) The government constantly screws up and the onus is on me. Owning two businesses guess how much vacation I get. I spent the first morning of the 3 days I took off in July when both businesses are slow on the phone with the IRS getting a $400 fine for their screw up removed. They removed it because their own records showed they were wrong. They did not refund the morning of my vacation. They assign tax payments to the wrong quarter and even though there is an identical overpayment and underpayment in subsequent quarters it's on me to call them.

#3) I needed to fire an incompetent employee a couple months ago. I had to spend a half hour on the phone with my attorney at their $250/hour rate and spend several hours writing documentation for an employee everyone in my firm knew was incompetent. She raised "age discrimination" as a threat, which is ridiculous considering the age of my staff. Everything is on me. And I am in a right to work state, which is actually pretty meaningless unfortunately. I covered myself, there was no lawsuit. There was also no benefit to the economy to my spending my time and money that way.

#4) Wouldn't we want businesses to give people a shot? Well, if I do and they don't work out they raise my unemployment taxes, which hits me across my entire payroll not just for one employee. It adds up.

#5) The economy. I'm afraid to hire even though we're busy because what if it slows down again as it keeps doing. Then I'm overstaffed and not only do I potentially have to let someone go but deal with all the above.

The bottom line is that we will hire if we have to, but only as a last resort. We'll do everything we can to get the work, but we'll try to do it in any other way first.

Forum List

Back