Reasons Warin in Iraq was needed: 2

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
Reviving the thread that was lost earlier.

The last post I can recall was Spillmind laughing at Janeen as he posted a picture of himself. After viewing this picture, he won't be the only one laughing. LOL

alex3.JPG

Spillmind

Since he left his /images and /oldwebimages directories open for public view, I did a bit of perusing. His FTP log shows him uploading all of his files from a directory on his hard drive called "dummy". Kind of telling, isn't it?

Here's a link he posted showing how "corrupt" George Bush was for wanting to collect funds to assist in his presedential run.

http://edition.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/06/22/president.2000/bush/

Also posted was a link to http://www.prisonplanet.com <---- If you are a liberal nutcase, this is a must read!

I believe I also read that Spillmind stated I wasn't worthy of responding to, and that I was only in NT's shadows. I am, and happy to be so. NT is a military veteran and I'll give way to his knowledge in this area any day of the week. Although this doesn't absolve him as to why he refused to answer questions related to facts that I posted. Whatever! Go eat some more worms!
Spillmind eating worms with friends!

I'm sure my recollection is one sided. I ask the rest of you to fill in what I've missed as you see fit. NT, I know you don't want to repost the hours you've already spent on this thread, maybe just a small review (since Spillmind mostly ignored it the first time anyway). Janeen, what did you make out of this thread prior to it getting zapped? Spillmind? Although I don't agree with you, you wrote a great deal and that should be noted. Feel free to summarize your thoughts as well.

Thoughts?

I know that in his last post, he stated how the Princess was the cheerleader for NT! and I stated, this is true, I will cheerlead for NT. NT has posted what he KNOWS, not what was cut and pasted through an article. I will cheerlead for anyone that has served for this Country, someone like NT has done just this and I respect him for this. Spillmind chooses to rub his balls, I mean ball for the answers for which he hasn't made much sense. In seeing the worms being eaten, I wonder what this guy is smoking? that's some nasty shit eating worms!!! Although he is kinda cute though, so I guess let him rub his ball and let him keep it coming!!!!! hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can probably dig up from memory some of what was said & what was implied, but I don't think it's worth it, to be honest. You really can't continue a debate online like this and refer to things that no longer exist - and for a neutral person coming to the debate after the fact, that would be very confusing.

I suppose the smart thing to do is start fresh. I think Spillmind was cornered; but that's neither here nor there.

As far as anyone being in my shadow - I think everyone knows that's not even close to being accurate. Everyone (except for that Canadian Pebbles weinie) made valid points.

Spillmind was simply trying to insult you guys & I would appreciate it if he wouldn't say silly things like that in the future.

hey guys,

it looks like the file i had is everything *but* the main posts from NT and i. that sucks ass. i don't feel like spending that time i had previously.

and jim, i left those directories open for a reason. 'dummy' is merely a dummy folder to dump temp files to be uploaded. you like our company's fear factor event? i work in a very diverse area and company, where i have many muslim friends.

i don't even feel like addressing the other hecklers from the peanut gallery, since these don't add anything worth debating, just mere insults and grammar that is even worse than my own, while they enjoy immunity from ridicule.

we debated about how NT thought Bush was not crooked, but Clinton most definitely was! i found this hilarious, since bush lobbied more money than any other candidate to date. the man is seriously in the back pocket of big corporations. they say jump, he asks 'how high'?

i am not singling out bush by any stretch of the imagination, but when people scream righteousness, it burns me to no end. i don't believe for a second that we invaded and occupied for the good of the iraqi people. nor was the premise for the war valid. (LIKE BUSH SAID IT WAS).

i'd like to point out that weapons being in iraq at one time or another is much, MUCH different than currently, and an immenent threat. (LIKE HE SWORE UP AND DOWN WAS THE CASE) now we can speculate as to if he was diabolically plotting to invade and destroy the US, which is highly speculative in my view, and shared by each and every protestor around the world. but the main point is that the official premise was false. we have a precedent about innocent until proven guilty, and this is a priniciple that is highly regarded and respected in our modern age.

with the policy of pre-emptive strike, that respect (and trust) has gone so far south, it will take decaded to repair. there is a way to remain on top of the world trade and stature without the enormous body count.

linking iraq to 9-11 doesn't sit well with me. neither does singling out iraq as the root of 'evil' in the world. people tend to forget that we armed iraq with billions in weapons... remember rummy, saddam's buddy? to fight iran, only to turn around and then secretly arm iran to fight iraq... these finally figured out they had been duped, and they were understandably irked.

i would buy the whole 'it's our duty to rid the world of evil western hating dictators'... but then we look at examples of pinochet, and see how american policy shifts with their interests, and we seem to think we can write the actions off as 'mistakes' and all is forgiven. and people wonder why there is so much distain for our country. if we were going to do the 'right thing', we would rebuild, and leave. but we won't. there is far too much money to be had with that oil, and haliburton won't leave anytime soon. any predictions?

we went into the veteran's discussion, where i noted that bush was 'honarably discharged from the air force', when in fact, there was some contraversy about bush in the service. the man has been arrested for cocaine use, and there is a high probability he was discharged for substance abuse. read 'fortunate son', a book that was bought up by the bush campaign in 1999 and created a team to destroy the author's life. (who had a shady history himself) ... thought this did not change the factual nature of the accounts in this book.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1887128840/qid=1063381497/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/102-8377001-1366535[/ame]

i don't respect the man, i don't feel he knows what it is like to live and work and survive in our society. i still believe all he does is memorize speeches (kinda) and worry about what's for dinner.

ask how these guys feel about it. write to them, they are real vets working for a change.

http://www.calltoconscience.net/

you people support bushco. and their warped sense of idealism,

http://www.newamericancentury.org/

claiming to spread democracy under the guise of for the good of 'freedom', when we all know the occupation is to make cheney and co. rich. the guy is still taking money from them:

http://www.thetip.org/art_Cheney_Still_Taking_Money_from_Haliburton_395_icle.html

just do a google search if you are really in that much denial about the politician's profitability from this operation.

out of all the members in congress, the senate, and all the house of representatives, can anybody name how many of those people have immediate family members in the service? hint, look to illinois, but no further... you won't find any beyond that.

all american people should be appalled at the current state of government, and how politicians vote alone the lines of the interests of the money they take. i don't care how you slice this, it is CORRUPTION. sad thing is , it's the best system in the world right now. PATHETIC. how do you feel our forefathers would feel about the current state of the union? they would be disgusted, in my opinion.

americans are controlled by fear, fear of the terrorist, and fear that they want what we have. if you look at the current state in iraq, with more killings, attacks, DEATH, and look to afghanistan as an example of how far our influence endures, anyone can see a demilitarized zone around the oil fields in iraq, while choas reigns in the populace.

if we cannot invest into rebuilding iraq as we did destroying it, well, that says more than i can right there. that region will get bloodier and deadlier, and it will not embrace american capitalism with open arms.

furthermore, the new price tag just goes to show that our grandchildren will still be paying for this 'war', and only this facet of it. the right thing to do would be to rebuild and leave. but that will not happen.

Hey, now I didn't insult you that bad, I never once picked on how you spell either. In fact, I even left you a compliment! except for the worms!

You had a good post there spillmind! I may not agree with it, but it was worth reading. I don't think that the US is just targeting in on Iraq, just seems to be the biggest at the moment. 9/11 and Iraq, sits with me well. Not to say that the Iraq people personally had anything to do with it, but I believe that Hussein had something to do with it, this is just an opinion of my own. I believe he is evil as well, and needed to be taken out as well as his killer sons. I doubt Terrorists will ever be deleted from Earth, but I believe we are at a good start. It's a shame to begin with that there are such evil to begin with to use a plane filled with innocent people as a weapon - only a COWARD would do such a thing.

How can you sit and say that Clinton never had his time with money? and for Clinton, if he didn't spend too much time with his interns and his damn cigars, maybe things would have been done the right way, first time around, and 9/11 might not have happened. People would rather blame somebody else, like I stated before, and Bush is that person.

I only have my opinions on issues, not the facts, but I believe that NT has facts and does a pretty good job in showing us. I think your last post was pretty good too and don't knock you for your opinions either. I do say though, lay off the worms!!! that's nasty! :)

Originally posted by spillmind
hey guys,

it looks like the file i had is everything *but* the main posts from NT and i. that sucks ass. i don't feel like spending that time i had previously.

and jim, i left those directories open for a reason. 'dummy' is merely a dummy folder to dump temp files to be uploaded. you like our company's fear factor event? i work in a very diverse area and company, where i have many muslim friends.

i don't even feel like addressing the other hecklers from the peanut gallery, since these don't add anything worth debating, just mere insults and grammar that is even worse than my own, while they enjoy immunity from ridicule.

I can't respond too much, as I'm babysitting right now! The rest (what really matters I guess) will come later.

Yes, it does suck that that thread is gone. I think it ran its course though. Precautions will be made to prevent this in the future.

What reason could you have for leaving directories open to the public? Seriously, lock 'em up dude! If your reasoning is to share with friends, then by all means supply them with the password to the individual directories. It's all innocent stuff now, but should you upload anything important you are just asking hackers to mess with you.

Fear factor huh? Good idea in theory, but no way in hell you getting me to eat a fricking worm! LOL My deepest sympathies for having to work with muslims. :D

NOBODY is immune from ridicule. Thats the beauty of free speech here! Maybe WE haven't ridiculed certain people, but EVERYONE is free to do so should they choose that route. Why not read the forums in the chat areas below, you'll see plenty of others getting their due!

You are just the flavor of the week who chose to be outspoken about issues that the current member base disagreed with. The flames and insults come with the territory. Any time you discuss religion or politics it is bound to happen. Although I think your views leave a lot to be desired (my opinion), your entitled to them.

much respect for given respect from both of you.

while we all may disagree, we are all on the same team, and we all love our country.

btw, working with muslims is not any different than working with christians, hindus, buddhists, or any religious denomination, for that matter! it's sad that people fear diversity, and therefore shun millions of people based on the presupposition.

and that cheney link i posted got all screwed up... hope this is the one that works.

http://www.thetip.org/art395icle.html

i don't typically lean so far to the left as depicted with these sites i link, but these are the sites that proffer the other side of what the lying politicians try to dupe us all with.

remember, you and i pay their 'official' income. who knows how they are living so large otherwise... a little backscratching never hurt anybody did it? oh- maybe it just killed a bunch of little people.

I dont usually get much into the political discussions but Spillmind I have to reply to your post.
You said "i don't respect the man, i don't feel he knows what it is like to live and work and survive in our society." I can only assume you mean President Bush. How many politicians do you really think know what its like to live and work in our society? There are very precious few.

"i would buy the whole 'it's our duty to rid the world of evil western hating dictators'... but then we look at examples of pinochet, and see how american policy shifts with their interests, and we seem to think we can write the actions off as 'mistakes' and all is forgiven. and people wonder why there is so much distain for our country."
I actually agree with you alot on this subject. We have too many times shifted our policies and left people and countries out to dry. See Bin Laden during the war with the Soviets and the Kurds(??) in Iraq after Gulf War 1. Of course there is anomosity towards us. Although..as the old saying goes...Dont bight the hand that feeds you. If it werent for us..there would be one rather large Germany covering most of Europe. Its funny how countries forget how much we DO and Have done for them.

"all american people should be appalled at the current state of government, and how politicians vote alone the lines of the interests of the money they take. i don't care how you slice this, it is CORRUPTION. sad thing is , it's the best system in the world right now. PATHETIC. how do you feel our forefathers would feel about the current state of the union? they would be disgusted, in my opinion."
I agree with you here to. Our forefathers would be disgusted with our current government. There is way too much corruption and shady dealings. In my opinion..it is way past time for major reform. It is time for the governement to be by the people, for the people again. Even with all that though..it is STILL the best system in the world.

"furthermore, the new price tag just goes to show that our grandchildren will still be paying for this 'war', and only this facet of it. the right thing to do would be to rebuild and leave. but that will not happen"
I do disagree with you here. I was under the assumption we will be rebuilding Iraq as we are doing in Afghanistan. IS this incorrect? I dont think our grandchildren will be paying for this war. Our children maybe. We will rebuild and move on. They will have freedom and not know how to react to it for a while..but things will get better.

Forum List

Back