Reasons to quit smoking and how it can dramatically improve your life

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
Reasons to quit smoking and how it can dramatically improve your life - More reasons
Stop-Smoking.png

Here are just a few reasons
-You will look younger and have less wrinkles
-Live much longer to see your kids and grand kids grow
-Be able to breathe more easily
-Less risk of diseases such as lung cancer
-Save lots of money
-Have whiter teeth

My goal is to quit smoking by the start of next year. Currently smoke about 4-10 cigarettes a day. Trying my best to cut back before i stop completely next year

Reasons to quit smoking and how it can dramatically improve your life - More reasons
Stop-Smoking.png

-Save lots of money
-Have whiter teeth

My goal is to quit smoking by the start of next year. Currently smoke about 4-10 cigarettes a day. Trying my best to cut back before i stop completely next year
What steps are you taking to overcome the craving. I found Nicorette gum very helpful, along with sucking on Tootsie Roll lollipops -- because the hand and mouth activity that goes along with smoking cigarettes are all part of the acquired habit. So rolling something that feels like a cigarette around on your fingers helps.

The hardest times are right after meals and while having coffee, beer or booze. You can't avoid meals so be ready to deal with the strongest craving then.

The first few weeks are the hardest and you won't be rid of episodes of craving, so be prepared to deal with them.

Good luck.

• Banned
Stop-Smoking.png

-Save lots of money
-Have whiter teeth

What steps are you taking to overcome the craving. I found Nicorette gum very helpful, along with sucking on Tootsie Roll lollipops -- because the hand and mouth activity that goes along with smoking cigarettes are all part of the acquired habit. So rolling something that feels like a cigarette around on your fingers helps.

The hardest times are right after meals and while having coffee or a beer. You can't avoid meals so be ready to deal with the strongest craving then.

The first few weeks are the hardest and you won't be rid of episodes of craving, so be prepared to deal with them.

Good luck.
I'm just trying my best to cut to 5 cigarettes a day, which I find quite easy. After 2 weeks, I will try 4 a day, and then 3 a day after 2 more weeks and so on.
Thats my current plan. Also, I try to put my smokes somewhere I cant see (example in the bottom draw of my table) sometimes i forget where i put it and im just too lazy to go find it so i wont smoke

I stopped smoking almost 25 years ago. I went from smoking a half pack each day to 2-3 cigarettes. I liked Marlboro and Camel, but they started jacking up the price too high. I went to buying tobacco and rolling papers. Drum tobacco was pretty good. Finally, I got tired of it and stopped smoking altogether. Haven't touched it since. I am paying the price for smoking now, as I have developed COPD. I would recommend just stopping smoking right now.

• Banned
I stopped smoking almost 25 years ago. I went from smoking a half pack each day to 2-3 cigarettes. I liked Marlboro and Camel, but they started jacking up the price too high. I went to buying tobacco and rolling papers. Drum tobacco was pretty good. Finally, I got tired of it and stopped smoking altogether. Haven't touched it since. I am paying the price for smoking now, as I have developed COPD. I would recommend just stopping smoking right now.
yeah the prices keep getting higher and higher.

Forum List

Back