Reasons to hide your wallet.

ecinicola

Jan 21, 2012
21 Great Reasons To Hide Your Wallet (And maybe move to Panama)

Written on Thursday, July 19, 2012 by Ralph Barker

scroll down

You may have already guessed it. The 21 reasons to hide your money are the 21 new taxes embedded in Obamacare coming soon to your wallet. If the average American understood this, the November Presidential election would be a landslide for Romney. Many of those who will vote for Mr. Obama are the very ones that will be hurt the most. They just don’t get it; at least, not yet.

Not only are we going to get taxed from here to Christmas, even on things not related to healthcare, some of us reading this article today, will actually die because of it. I’m not talking about dying over the shock of future medical bills or taxes but actually dying (to die, expire, decease, perish, pop off, croak, kick the bucket, cash in the chips, conk, buy the farm, or pass on).

Socialized, rationed medicine kills people. It has too. Some people won’t get the treatment they need to live. There won’t be enough doctors and there won’t be the innovation we have now.

Because this is the reality of the future, barring the American people coming to their senses, I suggest everyone visit Grandma and Grandpa often and pray that they don’t get sick. Pray that you don’t either. I hear healthcare is pretty good in Panama and Costa Rica.

I have heard about these 21 taxes for a while but only looked them up this week. Here is a list if you haven’t yet looked them over:

A 156% increase in the federal excise tax on tobacco

Obamacare Individual Mandate Excise Tax

Obamacare Employer Mandate Tax

Obamacare Surtax on Investment Income

Obamacare Excise Tax on Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans

Obamacare Hike in Medicare Payroll Tax

Obamacare Medicine Cabinet Tax

Obamacare HSA Withdrawal Tax Hike

Obamacare Flexible Spending Account Cap – aka “Special Needs Kids Tax”

Obamacare Tax on Medical Device Manufacturers

Obamacare “Haircut” for Medical Itemized Deduction from 7.5% to 10% of AGI

Obamacare Tax on Indoor Tanning Services

Obamacare elimination of tax deduction for employer-provided retirement Rx drug coverage in coordination with Medicare Part D

Obamacare Blue Cross/Blue Shield Tax Hike

Obamacare Excise Tax on Charitable Hospitals

Obamacare Tax on Innovator Drug Companies

Obamacare Tax on Health Insurers

Obamacare $500,000 Annual Executive Compensation Limit for Health Insurance Executives

Obamacare Employer Reporting of Insurance on W-2

Obamacare “Black liquor” tax hike

Obamacare Codification of the “economic substance doctrine”

For full details on each tax, go to Americans for Tax Reform.

I really don’t like to wax conspiratorial. There are enough conspiracies around for everyone to enjoy. But, you have to consider what could happen should a government, maybe even ours, become hostile toward its citizens. This would be even worse if it also controlled medical care.

Maybe ten years from now someone will do a study. They will be shocked to discover that conservatives, Tea Party members, and militia members all have a much higher death rate than the general population. Wow, in fact, they are all dead! What are the odds?

I don’t know where some people get the idea that they are going to get some kind of free health care. Obamacare won’t be free, even to the poor. It will cost everyone money. It may cost them their lives and not to be overlooked the loss of tremendous freedom.

Let me leave you with one great piece of wisdom, that comes with age it seems: There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Forum List

Back