reasons nurses are quiting

Higher wages? That would be nice. Now I wasn't a nurse, merely a nursing assistant, but I caught wise to their schemes, and got out of the business a while ago. Sure, they'll pay you an extra dollar or two an hour with one hand, with the other they'll tack on an extra four to five dollars an hour of more work.

What can be done to solve this problem? Higher wages would help but not the only answer.

Great link and video, thanks for posting it.

This has been a problem for so long, and was made worse by the ACA. When my wife first started on Med-Surg floor they had a ratio of 4 -1, by the time she left there 8 years later it was up to 6-1 with fewer PCTs so the nurses had more patients and had to do more of the basic care that is not really part of their job.

COVID of course made it worse for those nurses working with the COVID patients. 12 hour shifts wearing basically a spacesuit where you cannot even take a sip of water are hard on the body.

She is now in the ICU which limits the number to 2, but there is more work often.

The head of the VA is pushing to change the pay scale for VA nurses due to major retention issues.

No amount of money will get nurses to treat the unvaccinated idiots they get in the icu due to covid.

Forum List

Back