Reasons for the trump shutdown

1) Putin hasn’t decided on a position yet.
2) trump doesn’t understand DACA.
3) White nationalism in the republic party.
4) trump isn’t a leader.
5) The party of Dumb doesn’t understand the function of government.

We're Schumer Shutdown because Dems care for Illegals and hate the elderly, poor, sick Americans and veterans

Whoa! You nailed it!
It's going to make for a great commercial in the 25 States where Democrats are defending their Senate seats

Oh yeah! Especially cuz it's so true!

Yep, always blame the other side
He learned well from democrats.

Well, both sides are as bad as each other. Whether they learned from the Democrats would be massively debatable, they've both been dong it for so long.

But I guess if you're a partisan hack, you'll just blame the other side again and again.

You are so right.

The Dems should just approve $18 billion for the wall that 30% of the nation wants and then simply trust that Trump and the GOP will do the will of the people by funding CHIP and restoring DACA. After all, it is clear that the GOP wants to do those things even more strongly than the Dems.

But, those Dems are just partisan hacks. Stopping the GOP from doing what's right.....AGAIN!

They are just so uncooperative!!

The problem is the wall is a typical example of govt spending money on shit that doesn't need to money spent on it, just in order to impress a certain section of the voters. Democrats are hardly immune to doing such nonsense.

That they're fighting the wall is merely them fighting partisan politics.

I know right! It's just as bad as fighting for the wall! It doesn't matter that we don't need it. The GOP and the Dems are equally to blame for the fact that there is a fight over the wall.

You are convincing me. Being right on an issue is meaningless. The minority party must simply go along with the majority. No fighting!!!

Fighting for the sake of fighting is different to fighting for what is right. Neither are fighting for what is right.

They're protecting themselves, looking good for the voters and never doing much that actually helps anyone much.

He learned well from democrats.

Well, both sides are as bad as each other. Whether they learned from the Democrats would be massively debatable, they've both been dong it for so long.

But I guess if you're a partisan hack, you'll just blame the other side again and again.

You are so right.

The Dems should just approve $18 billion for the wall that 30% of the nation wants and then simply trust that Trump and the GOP will do the will of the people by funding CHIP and restoring DACA. After all, it is clear that the GOP wants to do those things even more strongly than the Dems.

But, those Dems are just partisan hacks. Stopping the GOP from doing what's right.....AGAIN!

The problem is the wall is a typical example of govt spending money on shit that doesn't need to money spent on it, just in order to impress a certain section of the voters. Democrats are hardly immune to doing such nonsense.

I know right! It's just as bad as fighting for the wall! It doesn't matter that we don't need it. The GOP and the Dems are equally to blame for the fact that there is a fight over the wall.

You are convincing me. Being right on an issue is meaningless. The minority party must simply go along with the majority. No fighting!!!

Fighting for the sake of fighting is different to fighting for what is right. Neither are fighting for what is right.

They're protecting themselves, looking good for the voters and never doing much that actually helps anyone much.

Please. Having a wall is wrong. Not having it is right. This is something that we just agreed on a while ago.

Deporting dreamers is wrong. Giving them permanent status is right. Not even debatable unless you want to take the position of a monumental asshole.

Funding SCHIP is right. Letting the funding lapse was wrong. Same. Not debatable unless you are a fucking idiot who doesn't understand the economics of healthcare.

Sorry. There are some fighting for what is right. Period.

I have faith in our leaders.
my_children_wont_stop_fighting.jpg

You are so right.

Please. Having a wall is wrong. Not having it is right. This is something that we just agreed on a while ago.

Deporting dreamers is wrong. Giving them permanent status is right. Not even debatable unless you want to take the position of a monumental asshole.

Funding SCHIP is right. Letting the funding lapse was wrong. Same. Not debatable unless you are a fucking idiot who doesn't understand the economics of healthcare.

The way I see what you've just said is like you're talking about the contents of a box. You've restricted yourself.

I see things from a much, much larger perspective. For me, the BIGGEST problem in the US right now is not a single issue that 99.999999% of the people even know much about. It's about changing the way people vote to allow for proper democracy. For people's views to be taken seriously. Without PR all that happens is someone decided that this is the right course of action, it happens or it doesn't happen and they still get fucked over.

You are so right.

The way I see what you've just said is like you're talking about the contents of a box. You've restricted yourself.

I see things from a much, much larger perspective. For me, the BIGGEST problem in the US right now is not a single issue that 99.999999% of the people even know much about. It's about changing the way people vote to allow for proper democracy. For people's views to be taken seriously. Without PR all that happens is someone decided that this is the right course of action, it happens or it doesn't happen and they still get fucked over.

We've been over that. We have to deal with the system we have until we change it. I'm trying to get you to admit that doing what is RIGHT when it comes to immigration in the current system requires taking sides with the Dems. You won't do it because you reject the current system. It's a fucking unpleasant merry-go-round discussion.

Here is something to ponder.

Which "side" wants more people to participate in the process...thereby having the voice of the people heard?

Which "side" is more likely to entertain discussion of "PR", in your opinion?

4) trump isn’t a leader.
A shut down is good for the country

What is undeniable is that, AFAIK, never before has there been a U.S. government shutdown when one party holds sway over the WH and both houses of Congress and thus has responsibility for running the government in every material way.

Seriously. How inept must a whole party be to, in the space of a year, not formulate a budget bill that can obtain enough votes to pass? Very, is the answer. If one doesn't have a 60-vote majority in the Senate, one has to craft a budget that offers enough to the opposing party that they'll vote for it. It's really that simple. The majority party doesn't have to like that, but its members do have to recognize that that is what they must do to keep the government operating because the majority party lacking a 60-vote majority cannot force its will upon the minority party members.
You mean like BONOBO shoved Obamacare down the throats of people who didn't want it?
How many of BONOBO's 'executive orders' have been thrown in the garbage by the courts?
"Elections have consequences". Remember who said that?
The DEMs just lost twenty seats in the fall for their bullshit move.

the world is still waiting for Nancy Pelosi to blame "President Bush" for this tragic shutdown that may cause 500 Million people to die over the next 6 months

4) trump isn’t a leader.
trump.jpg

When given the chance to step up for Americans, Schumer, Pelosi, and Democrats were / are a no-show.

Instead, they're hanging with their illegal amigos....

4) trump isn’t a leader.
trump.jpg

When given the chance to step up for Americans, Schumer, Pelosi, and Democrats were / are a no-show.

Instead, they're hanging with their illegal amigos....
and Corey Booker is still crying for his mommy because Trump said Chit-Hole

if the government has actually shut down, does that mean Dicky Turbin wont be able to buy toilet paper at wal mart for a few weeks? whats he gonna do?

4) trump isn’t a leader.

Lol.

We've been over that. We have to deal with the system we have until we change it. I'm trying to get you to admit that doing what is RIGHT when it comes to immigration in the current system requires taking sides with the Dems. You won't do it because you reject the current system. It's a fucking unpleasant merry-go-round discussion.

Here is something to ponder.

Which "side" wants more people to participate in the process...thereby having the voice of the people heard?

Which "side" is more likely to entertain discussion of "PR", in your opinion?

Yes, you're trying to get me to say something.

Kind of like "If you were on a dessert island all alone, would you eat ice cream?" Well, of course you would, because there's only desserts available, right?

Forum List

Back