Reasons for optimism in today's world

Reasons for optimism in today's world

super%20obama.jpg

oh and the best reason for optimism is that there is a God in heaven, we are alive today, and we are free for the most part.

Is this a time for all of us to grab the hand of someone and break out into "Kum-ba-ya"?

1. Iran continues to pursue nuclear weapons while at the same time engaging the UN and the US in "talks" designed only to buy time. Not to mention it's threats to close the strait of Hormuz where 1/10th of US oil traverses.
2. North Korea attempts a launch of an ICBM even though food for it's people was held back because of the launch. The dear leader then tells South Korea that it will reduce it to ashes.
3. The pirates in Somalia continue to take ships that traverse the horn of Africa. Strikes by the EU target the pirate shore facilities for the first time. The US has to cut back it's support for anti-pirate operations because it's Navy is over-stretched.
4. Sudan and Ethopia. The worst epidemic of starvation ever coupled with at least two civil or cross border wars. Even worse than the epidemic that prompted US attempts to assist in the 90's. Estimates on the number of dead are woefully short according to Save the Children.
5. 40,000 Mexican citizens died last year alone because of an undeclared war between the government and the cartels. 50 headless bodies recently found within 50 miles of the US border. American citizens are being attacked and killed by cross-border actions supposedly launched by members of the cartel who run drugs north.
6. President Obama in one of the only successful policies of his administration, continues to shoot Hellfire missles from drones in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen and Iraq taking out dozens of Al Queda operatives.
7. 108 children were EXECUTED by the Syrian government in the town of Houla. This during an alleged UN negotiated ceasefire between the government and rebels.

Is this an attempt to show us why we don't need a military now?

If you want to believe that the world is a safe place, you go ahead my friend and move to one of these places.

6. President Obama in one of the only successful policies of his administration, continues to shoot Hellfire missles from drones in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen and Iraq taking out dozens of Al Queda operatives.

What's the civilian death count by use of obama drones since obama took office? You don't hear too much about death tolls lately

We only know they are al quaeda operatives because obama says so. If he didn't tell us, we would have no idea who was the actual target. We are not asking the right questions. Why does he not believe in information gathering? Why is capture and questioning not an option? Why did he inform on both our own CIA double agent AND the Pakistani doctor who helped us get Bin Laden? Why is he sending high level fighters back into the field?

How do we know that the drone strikes aren't being used to take out the people who are fighting against islamic fundamentalism and we're just being told whatever?

A bomb that explodes only kills the bad guys now. I wonder when they invented that wonder weapon?:eusa_whistle:
Started mass producing it in jan 21 2009?

Optimism?

The moral decay of society since the 1950s.

Rampant drug use/demand in the US = Sinolta/Zetas.

oh and the best reason for optimism is that there is a God in heaven, we are alive today, and we are free for the most part.
Hey.....whatever gets YOU thru-the-night.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcy40pvGIGQ]George Carlin: Religion is Bullshit - YouTube[/ame]​

You rethugs sure are a pleasant bunch.

There is nothing in the world going well while Obama is President.

But If and only IF Mittens was elected, then everything would be fine.

What complete and utter nonsense and bull shit.

It wouldn't be fine. But it would be a hell of a lot better.

What's the civilian death count by use of obama drones since obama took office? You don't hear too much about death tolls lately

We only know they are al quaeda operatives because obama says so. If he didn't tell us, we would have no idea who was the actual target. We are not asking the right questions. Why does he not believe in information gathering? Why is capture and questioning not an option? Why did he inform on both our own CIA double agent AND the Pakistani doctor who helped us get Bin Laden? Why is he sending high level fighters back into the field?

How do we know that the drone strikes aren't being used to take out the people who are fighting against islamic fundamentalism and we're just being told whatever?

A bomb that explodes only kills the bad guys now. I wonder when they invented that wonder weapon?:eusa_whistle:

My, my. One has to love the reasoning of dumb fucks like you. We invaded a nation on the basis of lies about 9-11 and WMD. Had we, from the start, concentrated on killing the real terrorists, as we are doing today, we would not be in Afghanistan or Iraq.

It wouldn't be fine. But it would be a hell of a lot better.

Yep, it would be super fine to increase that Debt for the Military-Industrial complex. But not OK to increase it to put people to work building and re-building infrastructure in this nation.

No, it definately would not be better to have a puppet like Romney in office, creating policy that nutters like you approve of.

My, my. One has to love the reasoning of dumb fucks like you. We invaded a nation on the basis of lies about 9-11 and WMD. Had we, from the start, concentrated on killing the real terrorists, as we are doing today, we would not be in Afghanistan or Iraq.

MY MY talk about a dumb son of a bitch? What happen to those regular civilian body counts we were given on a daily basis from 2005 until 2008? Oh and why don't you ask Clinton why he didn't do anything since he was beating the war drum for support in 1998

Consumer confidence dropped for the last month. Isn't that sort of an optimism indicator?

O.K. Folks.

This O.P. is not unreasonable on its face.

As long as no one trys to use it as an excuse to re-elect Obama.

In fact, it is classic case for how things can work well when the fed stays inside its pen.

Forum List

Back