Reasons for Abortion

Every one of those reasons can be dealt with, with a little pill. I can't make them swallow it. The responsibility lies with the woman contemplating sex.
Here is a thought, stop inviting Planned Parenthood into our schools to extol the virtue of abortions, and teach our children responsibility for their own bodies...

Do you have a link for when PP went into a school to address abortions? I wasn't aware they go to school to discuss having an abortion.
Did you know that PP's founder believed abortion was an abomination and wouldn't allow them to be performed in her clinics?

Yes , as prevention is a lot better than abortion isn't it.
You might want to read about Eugenics in the USA:

In 1907, Indiana passed the first eugenics-based compulsory sterilization law in the world. Thirty U.S. states would soon follow their lead.[55][56] Although the law was overturned by the Indiana Supreme Court in 1921,[57] the U.S. Supreme Court, in Buck v. Bell, upheld the constitutionality of the Virginia Sterilization Act of 1924, allowing for the compulsory sterilization of patients of state mental institutions in 1927.[58]
Eugenics in the United States - Wikipedia
I am well aware of eugenics although I don’t know what that has to do with it being wrong to end a human life. Are you trying to make a two wrongs makes a right argument?

Sanger believed abortions were an abomination. Why don’t you?

Please supply a link and not heresy or from a right wing Christian site?

Margaret Sanger, "Abortion in the United States," May 1914.

Published article. Source: The Woman Rebel, Vol. 1, No. 3, May 1914 , 24 , Margaret Sanger Microfilm C16:0538 .

ABORTION IN THE UNITED STATES
It is a well recognized fact that "criminal" abortion prevails to-day to such an extent that it is estimated that one-third of all pregnancies result in criminal abortion.

It is said 100,000 criminal abortions occur each year in the United States and 6,000, at the lowest estimate, die yearly from the direct result of this.

"Criminal" abortions arise from a perverted sex relationship under the stress of economic necessity, and their greatest frequency is among married women.

Prominent authorities claim that criminal abortions are 50 per cent. of all abortions that occur, and this is considered a conservative estimate.

Just why there is such danger in abortions can be readily understood when we realize the process of growth of the embryo. During the first six weeks after conception the ovum becomes implanted in the uterus. The second six weeks is occupied with the formation of the placenta (afterbirth). This is the period when abortion most easily occurs, because of the firmly adhering covering of the embryo to the walls or lining of the uterus.

When instruments are used they often rupture the membrane and the entire placenta may be left, though the foetus comes away. The covering or envelope of the ovum may come away in a shred-like discharge after an abortion, all of which necessitates a careful curettage (or scraping) to avoid resulting conditions of blood-poisoning and disease. Most of the deaths are the result of sepsis (or decay) of some kind. Often the foetus is found macerated (or softened) and the whole region of the reproductive organs is in a highly inflamed condition. Rarely if ever is an abortion complete, and only in a very small percentage, authorities claim, is there reason to believe the ovum is expelled unbroken. Consequently the uterus needs careful investigation after each case of abortion.

When an abortion is properly done by one specialized to do so, the cost is usually tremendous. What a wholesale lot of misery, expense, unhappiness and worry will be avoided when woman shall possess the knowledge of prevention of conception!

In Paris up to a few years ago the instruments to produce abortion were sold openly in the market place, while all the mechanical preventatives were, and are, openly displayed in the windows of the drug stores. Abortions, with their horrible consequences, are quite needless and unnecessary when the subject of preventive means shall be open to all to discuss and use. How soon this shall be, depends on you.
(and)
there is no doubt that women are apt to look upon abortion as of little consequence and to treat it accordingly. An abortion is as important a matter as a confinement and requires as much attention as the birth of a child at its full term.

"The immediate dangers of abortion," says Dr. J. Clifton Edgar, in his book "The Practice of Obstetrics," "are hemhorrage, retention of an adherent placenta, sepsis, tetanus, perforation of the uterus. They also cause sterility, anemia, malignant diseases, displacements, neurosis, and endometritis."

In plain, everyday language, in an abortion there is always a very serious risk to the health and often to the life of the patient.

It is only the women of wealth who can afford to give an abortion proper care and treatment both at the time of the operation and afterwards. These women often escape any serious consequences from its occurrence.

The women whose incomes are limited and who must continue at work before they have recovered from the effects of an abortion are the great army of sufferers. It is among such that the deaths due to abortion usually ensue. It is these, too, who are most often forced to resort to such operations.

The Public Papers of Margaret Sanger: Web Edition

-----------------------------------------
"Now I never read about how abortion were an abomination, but I do read where the push for NO birth controls pill in the US society was an abomination.

Also what she is referring to as "criminal abortions' was that it was a considered a "crime to get an abortion" "me
https://www.nirhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Self-Abortion-White-Paper-Final.pdf

so women tried to abort themselves.-ME.
Keep searching. She was a devout Catholic who believed it was wrong to end a human life and would have no part of it. She believed that birth control prevented a human life from being created which it does. No harm no foul. Abortion not so.

So why is it that you believe abortions are not an abomination again?

In other words, a child may be an inconvenience. Tough shit. Murder should not be a remedy. We live in a time where you can have sex to your heart's content and not get pregnant. We have birth CONTROL pills, IUD's, condoms, the day after pill. If you get pregnant in this day an age, it is your fault.
Killing a child because you are irresponsible should not be an option:
View attachment 248420

That's a lovely photo but if that late-term baby is not head-down at that stage, mom is almost certainly headed for a C section. Kinda ruins the photo, I know, but most babies are pressing their downy little heads right on the cervix at that point, right moms?

Having birthed both, little head down, and little head up, your observation doesn't have one thing to do with abortion, right moms? The message in the meme is clear.

In other words, a child may be an inconvenience. Tough shit. Murder should not be a remedy. We live in a time where you can have sex to your heart's content and not get pregnant. We have birth CONTROL pills, IUD's, condoms, the day after pill. If you get pregnant in this day an age, it is your fault.
View attachment 248420

Well if you don't like abortion do something about the reasons.

Every one of those reasons can be dealt with, with a little pill. I can't make them swallow it. The responsibility lies with the woman contemplating sex.
Here is a thought, stop inviting Planned Parenthood into our schools to extol the virtue of abortions, and teach our children responsibility for their own bodies...

Do you have a link for when PP went into a school to address abortions? I wasn't aware they go to school to discuss having an abortion.

PPSO’s lessons are adapted to meet the needs of particular programs, serving traditional and alternative education settings. We partner with over 70 schools and community programs that work with young people in Lane, Linn, Douglas Jackson and Josephine Counties....

Mar 26, 2018 - Parents of children at Clifton Middle School are expressing their dismay that Planned Parenthood was secretly invited to a school event ...

Plan for Defeating PP - Education

Defeating Planned Parenthood. Public School Sex Education Programs
The Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) has, since 1970, pushed for sex education in public schools. In 1986, its president, Faye Wattleton, stated that PPFA had established a goal of getting kindergarten through twelfth grade sex education mandated in every school district in the nation. Planned Parenthood sees sex education as a way of indoctrinating our children with PP's philosophies-philosophies that include the acceptance of abortion and deviant sexual practices, philosophies that are in direct opposition to the teachings of most churches in this country.

Planned Parenthood of the Heartland is proud to represent Iowa and Nebraska in our national organization’s position as the largest, most trusted provider of sex education in the U.S.

Teen Gets Abortion With Help of Her Seattle High School - ABC News

Mar 24, 2010 - A Seattle 15-year-old got an abortion with help from her high school health center, ... school arranged an abortion for her daughter without her knowledge. ... was given an abortion without the school notifying her parents.

^
If that was my child I would hit that school like a tornado to get to whomever was responsible.

Google it Pen, there are links for every state in the union....

View attachment 248420

PPSO’s lessons are adapted to meet the needs of particular programs, serving traditional and alternative education settings. We partner with over 70 schools and community programs that work with young people in Lane, Linn, Douglas Jackson and Josephine Counties....

Mar 26, 2018 - Parents of children at Clifton Middle School are expressing their dismay that Planned Parenthood was secretly invited to a school event ...

The Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) has, since 1970, pushed for sex education in public schools. In 1986, its president, Faye Wattleton, stated that PPFA had established a goal of getting kindergarten through twelfth grade sex education mandated in every school district in the nation. Planned Parenthood sees sex education as a way of indoctrinating our children with PP's philosophies-philosophies that include the acceptance of abortion and deviant sexual practices, philosophies that are in direct opposition to the teachings of most churches in this country.

Planned Parenthood of the Heartland is proud to represent Iowa and Nebraska in our national organization’s position as the largest, most trusted provider of sex education in the U.S.

Mar 24, 2010 - A Seattle 15-year-old got an abortion with help from her high school health center, ... school arranged an abortion for her daughter without her knowledge. ... was given an abortion without the school notifying her parents.

^
If that was my child I would hit that school like a tornado to get to whomever was responsible.

Teen Health Center - Ballard High School
(now the mother should of check the clinic out, but she didn't did she. Just like the gymnastics that allowed Dr. Nasser to figure their little girls without gloves, anyone that allows their children to go to a school teen clinic should check the clinic out, apparently they offer all kinds of stuff which teens would want their parents not to know about. Why is it called Teen Clinic?

I am all for sex education, the more the better , esp drown the teens in STD literature and pictures and have them carry a fake infant around for a few days.

So you actually think people from PP come into schools and say "if you get pregnant from having sex, then you can easily get an abortion?"

Or how about this "PP offers free STDS testing and BC pills according to ones income. Best not to get pregnant" and instruction on how one gets pregnant and info all the kinds of STD's.
I think the later.

Last edited:
Are we addressing the reasons women have abortions? I hear and read a lot of attacks on women and the medical procedure but, no solutions to the reasons that women choose to end their pregnancy. It seems most people want a quick end to abortion without getting their hands dirty. Quick, fast and friendly, do away with the medical procedure.

Here are the top reasons according to Guttmacher:

https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/journals/3711005.pdf

And I wonder, you know, what goes through women's mind the 30 minutes they rest after having an abortion by vacuum aspiration? Do they feel remorse, do they tell themselves never again, do they lay there and think how they wish people would attack the underlying cause instead of the person? Do they feel guilt? Do they talk to God? Do they accept the fact that now, is society, you became a person others look down on? And what about the afterlife, do they wonder if that is screwed up to?

How haughty and proud the na sayers are. Have you ever addressed the underlying reasons? Or is it easier to beat the walls down?

I'm not really sure why it's my job to address these "reasons" in someone else's life, or even how I'm supposed to. Nor do I think they would be all that cooperative with me doing so, since that would mostly mean preventing them from getting nekkid with whatever asshole man wandered into their life and waved a dick at them.

I can tell you for a fact at least some of them feel guilty afterward, yes.

Reason against abortion: a human life is terminated. Whether it is unborn or not is beside the point. Look at the reasons stated in the link:

RESULTS: The reasons most frequently cited were that having a child would interfere with a woman’s education, work or ability to care for dependents (74%); that she could not afford a baby now (73%); and that she did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems (48%). Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing, and almost one-third were not ready to have a child. Fewer than 1% said their parents’ or partners’ desire for them to have an abortion was the most important reason. Younger women often reported that they were unprepared for the transition to motherhood, while older women regularly cited their responsibility to dependents.

Well, here's a thought: why don't you keep your God damn legs together, or use a CONTRACEPTIVE? I get the argument for rape, incest, and the mother's health, but this shit? Haughty? Proud? Hardly. Sad is more like it, I wonder how many women regret that decision later in life. More than a few, I'd bet.

Always the womans fault and responsibility. How do the men get excused?

They don't, but the fact is, they aren't given a choice about the abortion, so it's a little hard to deal them into responsibility for it, most of the time. I'd expect that in most cases, the sperm donor doesn't even know the pregnancy and abortion took place at all.

Like it or not, if you want to reserve the decision about abortion solely to yourself, then you get the responsibility solely to yourself, too.

It's just easier to do away with the procedure than address the problems. Qucker

This is not an "either or"

I see no reason why society should not do BOTH.

I'd love to see your make on some solutions to the underlying problems.

That would be a lot easier to do with abortion being banned.

It is useless to try to educate people about why they should keep their children and not kill them while providing the means (and easier path) to kill them anyway.

Ding, ding, ding!

Exactly!

The REAL problem here is that generations of people have been indoctrinated to believe that "it's just a clump of cells", and "an abortion is no big deal", and essentially, that getting an abortion will somehow erase what has happened and make it never have been. There is no way to effectively teach people to respect the potential consequences of sexual activity and to take seriously the possibility of pregnancy with abortion factories churning out thousands of dead babies a day.

It's just easier to do away with the procedure than address the problems. Qucker

It is useless to try to educate people about why they should keep their children and not kill them while providing the means (and easier path) to kill them anyway.

Is that "kill children" in your humble opinion, the law, the gospel, medical or exactly how is that kill children. And again I would have to stop and remind you that the majority of abortions take place before the 9th week.

That would be medical science he's speaking of. It's shocking that you want to speak on this subject when you're apparently utterly ignorant of it.

Not all women have access to birth control. And some can not take it at all. One thing we all could do is push for IUD's for women in late teens and early twenties. Put some options out there, make them easy to obtain. As far as women's reasons being selfish and a child was an inconvenience, surely the people that deplore abortion and say that it is murder, are god fearing. Does not your faith tell you it's in God's hands, not yours? And if you are not god fearing why exactly do you care in the first place?

How do not all women have access to birth control they can use? Please explain specifically how you think this works. More to the point, why is a woman who "can't" get birth control for herself still having sex?

And no, I do not consider "pushing for IUDs" to be something "we all" could do, since I'm pretty sure that when you say "push for", what you actually mean is "make laws that other people will purchase them". I consider it hypocritical for anyone to tell me, "Keep your laws off my body . . . except for the ones that buy me birth control."

I know you did not just ask, "Is it not in God's hands whether or not someone murders another human being?" Because if you really think that Christian doctine says that anywhere, you know less about Christianity than you do about biology, and should immediately cease speaking on either subject lest you lower the IQ of the entire group by the sheer force of your stupidity.

Can people now expect to be educated by a rank stranger from society. In other words who are you to educated me, or anyone else?

Well, for starters, he's someone who's clearly more informed than you are.

You should make up your mind (I use that term loosely). First you ask us to address the problem, and then when he suggests addressing it, you get your panties all up your ass crack and demand, "Who are YOU to address it?" Well, do you want us to address it, or do you want to pitch a hissy about how we have no right to address it? Pick one.

Not all women have access to birth control. And some can not take it at all. One thing we all could do is push for IUD's for women in late teens and early twenties. Put some options out there, make them easy to obtain. As far as women's reasons being selfish and a child was an inconvenience, surely the people that deplore abortion and say that it is murder, are god fearing. Does not your faith tell you it's in God's hands, not yours? And if you are not god fearing why exactly do you care in the first place?

One need not be God-fearing to value the sanctity of life, or are you implying that morality is impossible for atheists? This issue is not necessarily one of faith, it's one of personal irresponsibility.

Like I say we live our lives, and shit happens. Is that what you think did it? Irresponsiibility. Any way it could be bad circumstance? Women breaking a pattern of abuse.

Please do tell how having sex, getting pregnant, and deciding to kill the baby is something other than irresponsibility. Please do keep in mind that attempting to make the discussion of abortion all about the "hard cases", which make up a tiny percentage of abortions, will not be well-received and will weaken your already pitiful grasp on the disguise of "voice of reason" you're pretending to.

View attachment 248420

^

And people wonder why all my kids have been homeschooled.

Are we addressing the reasons women have abortions? I hear and read a lot of attacks on women and the medical procedure but, no solutions to the reasons that women choose to end their pregnancy. It seems most people want a quick end to abortion without getting their hands dirty. Quick, fast and friendly, do away with the medical procedure.

And I wonder, you know, what goes through women's mind the 30 minutes they rest after having an abortion by vacuum aspiration? Do they feel remorse, do they tell themselves never again, do they lay there and think how they wish people would attack the underlying cause instead of the person? Do they feel guilt? Do they talk to God? Do they accept the fact that now, is society, you became a person others look down on? And what about the afterlife, do they wonder if that is screwed up to?

How haughty and proud the na sayers are. Have you ever addressed the underlying reasons? Or is it easier to beat the walls down?
Give women an alternative to an abortion and we will cut down the frequency

View attachment 248420

^

And people wonder why all my kids have been homeschooled.
Homeschool kids don’t get preggers?

Reason against abortion: a human life is terminated. Whether it is unborn or not is beside the point. Look at the reasons stated in the link:

RESULTS: The reasons most frequently cited were that having a child would interfere with a woman’s education, work or ability to care for dependents (74%); that she could not afford a baby now (73%); and that she did not want to be a single mother or was having relationship problems (48%). Nearly four in 10 women said they had completed their childbearing, and almost one-third were not ready to have a child. Fewer than 1% said their parents’ or partners’ desire for them to have an abortion was the most important reason. Younger women often reported that they were unprepared for the transition to motherhood, while older women regularly cited their responsibility to dependents.

Well, here's a thought: why don't you keep your God damn legs together, or use a CONTRACEPTIVE? I get the argument for rape, incest, and the mother's health, but this shit? Haughty? Proud? Hardly. Sad is more like it, I wonder how many women regret that decision later in life. More than a few, I'd bet.

Why don't women have something put on boys dicks at puberty to make it impossible to insert it into a cervix? until the marriage night.
Wtf

Give women an alternative to an abortion and we will cut down the frequency

Ban it and then educate people on why and when a child's rights should begin when their lives do and you will cut down the frequency even more.

Last edited:

Whatever the reasons, most Western European Countries require that abortions be completed in the first Trimester with the baby protected after that.

Democrat State Representative Says Men Should Be Castrated to End Abortions, Taxed to Store Their Sperm

Many anti-choice fanatics have a perverted view of sexuality, and particularly women's sexuality to begin with. Read some their comments some time. "Keep your legs together" type crap and continued implications that many or most Americans conduct their sexual lives with partners that they selected at closing time in some bar. No references to continuing relationships, including marriages, and a total absence of any recognition of the role that emotions play in relationships.

The anti-choicers seem to live in some porn world that the rest of us just don't live in. Moreover, they are the same ones who try to interfere with easy access to birth control. And their interpretation of the gestational process is fraught with errors.They are even down to an egg fertilized the day before.

Frankly, I suspect that the anti-choice movement was begun and fostered more for nefarious reasons than any concern for "life." More likely it is a compulsion to subjugate women and control our sexuality.

Forum List

Back