Reasonable Restrictions on Freedoms.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SavannahMann, Apr 23, 2019.

1. SavannahMann

SavannahMann Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,745
    I was reading about Kamala Harris and her ideals for “reasonable restrictions” on the 2nd Amendment. I wonder, when will we discuss Reasonable Restrictions on any other freedom? Gun control via executive order?

First Amendment. It is a given that people get hurt by words. Hate Speech is a term tossed about very often anymore. So obviously we need Reasonable Restrictions on this freedom. So I am proposing this Reasonable Restriction. If you attack someone verbally, or in writing, you will lose your First Amendment protection for Freedom of Speech. If you call them names, or insult them, you will simply be unable to exercise your freedom of speech. This is of course, not eliminating this right, but is protecting the population as a whole from such vicious attacks.

Freedom of the Press? Obviously we need to restrict that. I mean, the Press is able to destroy people in the public eye with no information or evidence to back it up. Therefor we must hold the Press accountable for whatever damage they do. If a News Outlet publishes anything that is not verified and confirmed, or uses “unnamed sources” to make wild and outrageous claims, they will lose the protections of the First Amendment, and be closed.

So who is with me in their willingness to restrict other freedoms. List those which you think are abused too often. All those things that “trigger” people can be eliminated easily. All we have to do is recognize that our Freedoms are not absolute, and we must accept a few minor limits in order to protect ourselves.

And if we find ourselves with a power shortage in the future, we can just hook up a generator to the graves of the Founders, because they will be spinning fast enough to power the world with energy left over.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Billy_Kinetta

Billy_Kinetta Paladin of the Lost Hour Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46,260
    "Congress shall make no law ..." applies to the entire document.

3. Old Man Grumbles

Old Man Grumbles Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Hmmm, seems Congress isn't educated on that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Bootney Lee Farnsworth Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,557
    The problem with compromise on rights is that one's idea of "reasonable" greatly differs from another.

Fuck "reasonable" compromise.

WAR!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,881
    If the founders were still alive and saw this circus they'd point that clipper to antarctica.

6. Stormy Daniels

Stormy Daniels Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,866
    All freedoms have restrictions.That's pretty fundamental. Just because Harris is serving up stupid ideas doesn't mean you should respond by being even more stupid.