Reasonable Questions for Unreasonable Times

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota

Reasonable Questions for Unreasonable Times

Here are some questions I think we should be asking. And if anyone has the answers to these, I'd like to hear them. I dont think it matters if you are liberal, conservative, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian or anything else. These are questions that should be asked. So what are the answers?

1. Our unfunded liability for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid is close to $100 trillion. Is there any way to pay for these programs without bankrupting America?

2. We are in so much debt, why spend more borrowed money on cap-and-trade and healthcare programs before we stop the flow of red-ink?

3. The stimulus package funneled billions of dollars to ACORN. How does giving billions of dollars to ACORN stimulate the economy?

4. If it was so important for congress to pass the stimulus bill before they even had time to read it why has only a fraction of the stimulus money been spent 6 months later?

5. Bush said he had to abandon free market principles in order to save them, how exactly does that work?

6. Why won’t member of Congress read the bills before they vote on them?

7. Why are citizens mocked and laughed at when they ask their congressman to read the bills before they vote on them?

8. Was the cash-for-clunkers program meant to save the earth or the economy? Did it accomplish either?

9. How did Van Jones, a self-proclaimed communist become a special advisor to the president?

10. Did President Obama know of Van Jones’ radical political beliefs when he named him special advisor?

11. The Apollo Alliance claimed credit for writing the stimulus bill—why was this group allowed to write any portion of this bill?

12. If politicians aren’t writing the bills and aren’t reading the bills, do they have any idea what these 1000 page plus bills actually impose on the American people?

13. If the ‘public option’ health care plan is so good why won’t politicians agree to have that as their plan?

14. If town hall meetings are intended for the politicians to learn what’s on our mind—why do they spend so much time talking instead of listening?

15. Politicians are refusing to attend town hall meetings complaining, without evidence, that they are scripted. Does that mean we shouldn’t come out and vote for you since every campaign stop, baby kiss and speech you give is scripted?

16. Why would you want to overwhelm the system with a rush of multiple 1000 page bills and debt?

17. Is using the economic crises to rush legislation through congress what Rahm Emanuel meant when he talked about not letting a crises go to waste?

18. What are the czars paid? What is the budget for their staffs/offices?

Horsecrap, Avatar. You have given no objective, certifiably objective documentation.

The gasses your decaying brain is releasing is causing that horrible, horrible headache.

Aspirin is not going to cure it.

They are questions not opinion's but I see nobody can answer them. Shouldn't our elected officials be able to answer them?

ACORN didn't receive any stimulus money.

I take it on faith that the rest of your points are also lies.

you can prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt? :lol::lol::lol:

What a bozo statement, Avie. You didn't give any acceptable proof at all that ACORN got federal stimulus money. The burden of proof is on you. An eight-grade classe of beginning debaters would take you out in Lincoln-Douglas cross-ex.

The headache is getting worse, isn't it?

What a bozo statement, Avie. You didn't give any acceptable proof at all that ACORN got federal stimulus money. The burden of proof is on you. An eight-grade classe of beginning debaters would take you out in Lincoln-Douglas cross-ex.

wrong assenheimerhole.. one person says they did.. ravi says they did not. where is ravi's proof.? or yours for that matter?

again they are QUESTIONS that our elected Officials should answer.

Student: Oh Teacher I have a Question
Teacher: Provide documentation to your question

LOL Ok bozo.

What exactly are your objections to the questions? If you dont want to answer them just say so. If you dont like one answer the others.

Disclaimer: Glenn Beck is nuttier than a squirrell on meth. The questions are standard enough however, so pretending for a moment each is true:

1. Cust payments, benefits, or both.
2. Because it's not realistic or practical to do so.
3. Any organization will produce paying jobs regardless of political/ideological affiliation. So yes.
4. Half of the stimulus bill was public perception. Market signs being what they are, I don't know that it wasn't an overall success. Whether or not you (general 'you') think it was "necessary" depends on what economic philosophy you harbor.
5. "Too big to fail" concept. Technically speaking the economy never was (or is) a completely "free market" to begin with.
6. Some do, some don't. Congressional voting habits aren't so cut and dried. There are times when votes are not based on content so much as loyalty or quid-pro-quo. They're as likely or unlikely to read a 10 page bill as a 1,000 page bill.
7. Depends on who is asking and how they are asking. Although it's not a very mature thing (or smart) to do, if someone is being a naive jerk about it, I'd probably mock them too.
8. This one really is silly. A government program so successful that it actually ran out of funding before the expiration date? Ask your local car dealership whether they think it was helpful.
9. Don't know who he is and I don't really care. He's not the President and as long as he's not advising Obama to convert to communism, I'm not worried about it.
10. Another ridiculous question. I can't get inside Obama's head any more than Beck can.
11. Special interests write bills - in part or in full - on a constant basis.
12. Yes.
13. See #11.
14. This list has kind of devolved now, hasn't it?
15. Etc.
16. The system is capable of handling these things just fine actually.
17. Sure.
18. No idea, but the czar situation is getting out of hand, I agree.

These are great questions I would like our elected officials to answer therefore; I'm sending out in snail mail to them.

Several of the questions on your list were actually asked at tonight's townhall meeting with Bart Gordon. WE got nothing but double talk and runaround, but the questions were asked. He did, surprisingly, commit himself to dropping his Congressional health plan and joining any plan that was mandated for the public. I think that means he knows the public option is off the table for now.
And while not the proof that Ravi was looking for, the head of our county GOP did bring up the fact that the government had just cut billions of dollars from, either Medicare or Medicaid, ( I don't remember exactly which. ) while at the same time giving 8 billion dollars to community organizers and he didn't deny it.

Horsecrap, Avatar. You have given no objective, certifiably objective documentation.

The gasses your decaying brain is releasing is causing that horrible, horrible headache.

Aspirin is not going to cure it.

So asking questions is horse crap? Wanting our employees to answer these questions is horse crap? You do know that they work for us not the other way around, right? Do all Dems think like you? Oh - - - never mind.

1. Our unfunded liability for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid is close to $100 trillion. Is there any way to pay for these programs without bankrupting America?

Oh really? Where'd you get that figure, a comic book?

Come back when you have a closer figure.

Hint: that's the GDP for the entire planet.

2. We are in so much debt, why spend more borrowed money on cap-and-trade and healthcare programs before we stop the flow of red-ink?

See my post here:
We had something very much like cap and trade in the 90's before Bush got in there and gutted the Clean Air Act and the Clean Water Act. It worked well. Rather than dealing with a currency or selling credits, actual barters were made between sending and target areas. The cap would be effected by the EPA and this state's DNR and EPA through regulation permitting of new sites and the receiving areas would get retrofits [if the sender had the engineering in house to do it] or money to hire retrofits. If a new site couldn't test down to the acceptable mass load of particular emissions, then the overage was compensated for by going into the receiving zone and making adjustments that would offset the overage. It worked much like transferable development rights with respect to density and zoning although there were no TDRS but target amounts available to purchase for reduction. Real work had to be done and in place, it wasn't a paper system. The people I worked with were on the cutting edge of technology and were attempting the largest project of its kind in the world and had engineers working for the receivers and did the retrofit themselves. It was win/win all around. Then Bush arrived. I doubt Palin has the faculties to even imagine what she is talking about, much less have a firm grasp. This is amazingly complicated stuff and she is not that bright.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/85050-sarah-palin-facebook-2.html#post1423372

3. The stimulus package funneled billions of dollars to ACORN. How does giving billions of dollars to ACORN stimulate the economy?

This is a lie promulgated by doofy Doocy on Faux News. The stimulus bill doesn't even mention Acorn, much less send them any money.

4. If it was so important for congress to pass the stimulus bill before they even had time to read it why has only a fraction of the stimulus money been spent 6 months later?

The stimulus was given to the states, I suggest you ask your state representatives what the hold up is.

Hint Veritas that's more than the GDP of the entire planet and that's the problem going forward. By the time the last of the baby boomers retire in about ten years there will be very nearly as many people drawing social security as paying into it. Blames us for not creating enough kids oh wait we weren't supposed to because of over population. Oh well like any other good Ponzi Scheme the shit starts to hit the fan when you start running out of people willing to pay into the system...

the rest of your comments are even more bogus.

Last edited:
5. Bush said he had to abandon free market principles in order to save them, how exactly does that work?

It works because the free market went on a wild tear and lost its shirt. So the government had to institute the TARP bailouts. A free market should in theory have been allowed to fail. Then we would have had a depression. This is one of the things he said that I actually get. He wasn't so great at making policy that prevented its actuality however and necessitating the bailouts.

Last edited:
6. Why won’t member of Congress read the bills before they vote on them?

This is best if asked of the particular members you wish to poll. I cannot answer for them.

7. Why are citizens mocked and laughed at when they ask their congressman to read the bills before they vote on them?
see above^

Last edited:

Forum List

Back