Reason For Terrorism

When it comes to people who think like Bin Laden, I don't think that there's many diplomatic resources other than the diplomacy of the gun.

But, and this is a big but, Bin Laden does not speak for any government in Islam.

Not yet, at least.

And what his goal is, is a unified Islamia.

He is as much a threat to Islamic national governments as he is to us.

More so, actually.

BTW, what the hell did Spain do to the Arab world that justifies the bombing of the train in Madrid?

I'm sure they did SOMETHING because we all know, Muslims would NEVER think of bombing without a really good reason...

Couldn't have been blowback from their involvement in the Iraq war, could it?

Germany doesn't currently bomb, occupy, or enact murderous sanctions on Muslim countries, that I'm aware of.

well of course I know that,, DUmmie,, I'm just saying if any country should be hated for the damage it's done over the years it is Germany.. Course it's not within your reason to see any of the good your country has done. only the bad.. that's why you are a card carrying member of the BLAME AMERICA FIRST CLUB
so I'll just tell ya ,, the USA was the country that helped out in WW 1 WW 2 Korea,, Bosnia, Kuwait, and now in Afghanistan and Iraq. And President Bush saved millions of lives in Africa.. . fancy that.. But you go on hating the USA.. it's cool.

Of course, there must be no dissent over the great military conquests of our government otherwise you hate America! What a ridiculous notion. Questioning your government is as patriotic as anything else.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive." - Thomas Jefferson

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." - George Washington

question away,, and I'll question away,, anybody that cannot find good in their country surely won't mind being questioned.. and sorry you feel that the US should not have intervened in WW 1 and WW 2 and Korea,, and Kuwait.. yep,, I wish we had not done so too

That's right, complete capitulation to Islam. Submission! This is exactly what their Koran tells them to demand,

Submission of all non-believers to Islam? Where? :lol:

Here?

There is no compulsion in religion -- the right way is indeed clearly distinct from error. So whoever disbelieves in the devil and believes in Allah, he indeed lays hold on the firmest handle which shall never break. And Allah is Hearing, Knowing. - 2:256​

Perhaps you're referring to this passage:

And if thy Lord had pleased, all those who are in the earth would have believed, all of them. Wilt thou then force men till they are believers? And it is not for any soul to believe except by Allah’s permission. And he casts uncleanness on those who will not understand. - 10:99-100​

Or maybe this one?

Say: O disbelievers,
I serve not that which you serve,
Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve,
Nor shall I serve that which ye serve,
Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve.
For you is your religion and for me my religion.
- "The Disbelievers" (109)​

Oh you mean the one that Western atheists and Christians put a stop that genocide or the one 500 years ago that made it Muslim in the first place.

And your inoranc of the Crusades is typically Muslim. Were Muslims more tolerant of other religions than Roman catholics (Marginally and varying greatly from place to place and time to time and ruller to ruler. Were they more tolerant than Eastern orthodox Christians or North African Christians? No. And both of those actually predate The Roman Catholic Church for whom it is all but impossible to make a case for having existed in in any meaningful way prior to Leo I around 400 AD. Islam started out as an and remained as much a military force as a religion for most of it's early history. Christianity begans as a peasant religion and spent most of its first three hundred years being hounded from pillar to post by various groups trying to destroy it for little or no reason beyond the jealousy of the various governing authorities as Christians would not except the notion of various Roman rulers as deities in their own right.

I'm sorry for probably sounding stupid, but I wonder if anyone knows why we're being terrorised. I see/hear/read loads about attacking and trying to defeat terrorists, or defending against them but I don't see anything about why they are terrorising us.

If this has already been debated please link me to the thread, so I can understand why we spend so much time and money and forgo so many of our liberties and freedoms in this struggle.

cuz they hates our feedumbs

Oh you mean the one that Western atheists and Christians put a stop that genocide or the one 500 years ago that made it Muslim in the first place.
I mean the one perpetrated by Orthodox Christians against Muslims. Islam didn't spread to the Balkans through "genocide."

And your inoranc of the Crusades is typically Muslim. Were Muslims more tolerant of other religions than Roman catholics (Marginally and varying greatly from place to place and time to time and ruller to ruler. Were they more tolerant than Eastern orthodox Christians or North African Christians? No. And both of those actually predate The Roman Catholic Church for whom it is all but impossible to make a case for having existed in in any meaningful way prior to Leo I around 400 AD.
Islam was probably the most tolerant major religion of its time. It was certainly more tolerant than the brand of Christianity practiced by the Byzantine Empire. It was certainly more tolerant than the brand of Christianity practiced by the Crusaders. There are two of the three denominations you mentioned; North African Christians never had much of a chance to exercise tolerance because there was no North African Christian empire.

Islam started out as an and remained as much a military force as a religion for most of it's early history. Christianity begans as a peasant religion and spent most of its first three hundred years being hounded from pillar to post by various groups trying to destroy it for little or no reason beyond the jealousy of the various governing authorities as Christians would not except the notion of various Roman rulers as deities in their own right.
Islam began as a religion preaching equality and morality in what was, at the time, one of the most morally destitute regions of the world. Muslims were persecuted and fought victoriously against overwhelming odds; the religion spread rapidly through the Arabian peninsula by way of conversion and was expanded further in that way and through violent means after the prophet's death.

I noticed you didn't mention anything about the Crusades. :lol:

Forum List

Back