Reason For Terrorism

Seraph

Mid West
Aug 27, 2008
I'm sorry for probably sounding stupid, but I wonder if anyone knows why we're being terrorised. I see/hear/read loads about attacking and trying to defeat terrorists, or defending against them but I don't see anything about why they are terrorising us.

If this has already been debated please link me to the thread, so I can understand why we spend so much time and money and forgo so many of our liberties and freedoms in this struggle.

Oh goody goody the BLAME AMERICA FIRST CLUB is about to be in session..

Do you mean Iraq and Afghanistan? Because I thought they were doing it before the US went there?

We're being "terrorised" because at the roots of Islam is fanatacism and the belief that they are compelled to conquer the world, and we are too fucking ignorant to recognize that this is the way it has been ALWAYS and the only way to stop it is to fight it definitively and finally.

us presence in the middle east......

it's a lot more than just a presence. we've been meddling in the M.E. for the better part of a century. Our policies have been poor, our choice of "friends" even worse.

Eliminate Islam and you eliminate 3/4 of violent conflict in the world now, and for the past 2500 years.

We're being "terrorised" because at the roots of Islam is fanatacism and the belief that they are compelled to conquer the world, and we are too fucking ignorant to recognize that this is the way it has been ALWAYS and the only way to stop it is to fight it definitively and finally.

Ahh I see, that kind of makes sense. A bit like christians did hundreds of years ago all over the world. Well they aren't going to get many converts with their terrorising actions IMO. At least christians has something completely different to offer, islam is just another flavour of christianity.

Last edited:
us presence in the middle east......

it's a lot more than just a presence. we've been meddling in the M.E. for the better part of a century. Our policies have been poor, our choice of "friends" even worse.

not sure it is justification for flying aiplanes into buildings.....but yes we have stuck our noses in various places that don't look too smart now...

Ahh I see, that kind of makes sense. A bit like christians did hundreds of years ago all over the world. Well they aren't going to get many converts with their terrorising actions IMO.

Come up with some specifics. If you're talking about the crusades, the crusades were in response to Islam spreading and wiping out Christian and Jewish populations, and invading Spain....ultimately they moved all the way up to France, before we finally broke their momentum.

That was on Sept. 11, 1687, I do believe.

Strange that they pick up the gauntlet on 9/11 hundreds of years later if their only motivation in seeking our destruction is in retaliation for all the weally bad things we've done to them. Coincidence, I suppose.

I'm sorry for probably sounding stupid, but I wonder if anyone knows why we're being terrorised.

We supported European countries as they screwed up the Middle East with their colonial designs and we're the primary supporter of Israel. Thus, we're blamed for many of the Middle East's current problems. Anybody suggesting that it has to do with religious motivations is hopelessly ignorant.

Ahh I see, that kind of makes sense. A bit like christians did hundreds of years ago all over the world. Well they aren't going to get many converts with their terrorising actions IMO. At least christians has something completely different to offer, islam is just another flavour of christianity.

ahhhh here it comes,, the left wing talking points.. :lol:

Come up with some specifics. If you're talking about the crusades, the crusades were in response to Islam spreading and wiping out Christian and Jewish populations

:clap2:

Congratulations - with this statement, you have attained a level of retardation only spoken of in legends.

ahhhh here it comes,, the left wing talking points.. :lol:
I know, right? How dare anybody refuse to apply a double standard to Christianity and Islam? Psssh. Leftists.

Forum List

Back