Reason for Right to Bear Arms

Why did the Founding Fathers institute the right to bear arms in the 2nd Amendment?

• A: So Americans could hunt?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B: So Americans could protect their homes from burglars?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you honestly believe, that over 200 years ago, the founding fathers intended for you to own every single gun you ever wanted?

I honestly believe 200 years ago, the founding fathers intended me to have the same type of guns available to me that the government has available to it.

Yo................Crotch Sniffing Sleazer.....................you DO realize that machine guns are illegal, right?

You also realize that the military has machine guns as well?

And............................why are machine guns illegal right now? Because of the gangsters in the 20's.

Yo..........Biker Sniffing Sailor.....you want to enlighten us a little further on this claim you have that machine guns are illegal?

They didn't intend Americans to own every kind of gun imaginable, that is for sure.

Who told you this?

Do you honestly believe, that over 200 years ago, the founding fathers intended for you to own every single gun you ever wanted?

Yes. They saw no problem with Americans owning every weapon available in the day. they probably would not have a problem with Americans owning machine guns if they were alive today.

It's interesting that the 2nd amendment clearly states why the FF's included the 2nd amendment and yet the poll did not include that as an option. Do I detect something of an agenda?

So, as clearly stated by the Founding Fathers for anyone who a) bothers to actually read the amendment and b) doesn't ignore what they don't like in it, it was created in order to guarantee the ability of the individual state to maintain a well-regulated militia. Which means, of course, that while the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed, it can be regulated.

Because they knew NaziCons with short dicks were fearful and paranoid and would need an arsenal to feel safe...?

Wow, I forgot that one in my poll question. And, fearful and paranoid? You mean, it's like this nation's history never happened and, the history of untold numbers of other nations never happened? Are you really this clueless?

Absolutely.

They didn't intend Americans to own every kind of gun imaginable, that is for sure.

Who told you this?

They pretty much thought of a lot of things that are still relevant today. They made no specifications or exclusions. Any intent not written is in your mind only.

The Founding Fathers did not institute the right to bear arms.

Right to bear arms is inalienable, and the Founders only recognized that such a right shall not be infringed upon.

It is a huge difference.

Who told you this?

I honestly believe 200 years ago, the founding fathers intended me to have the same type of guns available to me that the government has available to it.

That was before we developed nuclear weapons I do believe. You will NEVER have the firepower the military has...never.

It's interesting that the 2nd amendment clearly states why the FF's included the 2nd amendment and yet the poll did not include that as an option. Do I detect something of an agenda?

So, as clearly stated by the Founding Fathers for anyone who a) bothers to actually read the amendment and b) doesn't ignore what they don't like in it, it was created in order to guarantee the ability of the individual state to maintain a well-regulated militia. Which means, of course, that while the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms cannot be infringed, it can be regulated.

Love how you lefties interpret the Constitution to make it say something it doesn't. The Supreme Court Disagrees with you.

D is the closest answer.

American men were expected to make up the bulk of our "part time" army..which was never meant to be permanent. And that was meant only to be called up in defense against invasion and insurrection.

Who told you this?

They wrote in "the pursuit of happiness" into the Constitution. If someone can afford to build a gun museum and place in it every known gun ever made and he had the cash, he or she could build it. Why speculate on a given?

Why did America's Founding Fathers institute the right to bear arms in the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States?

They dd not foresee AK41s to be used to kill mass number of people at one time.
Technically you are correct. Nobody can see directly into the future.

However, there was much consideration as to whether future generations of Americans could keep those freedoms that many of them gave up life itself for as a gift to posterity.

"At the close of the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia on September 18, 1787, a Mrs. Powel anxiously awaited the results, and as Benjamin Franklin emerged from the long task now finished, asked him directly: "Well Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" "A republic if you can keep it" responded Franklin." Bartleby
http://www.bartleby.com/73/1593.html

Last edited:

Love how you lefties interpret the Constitution to make it say something it doesn't. The Supreme Court Disagrees with you.

No, the SC agrees with me. However, I am always willing to be educated. Please point out the SC decision which states the government cannot regulate the ownership and use of weaponry.

Forum List

Back