Reason for Right to Bear Arms

Why did the Founding Fathers institute the right to bear arms in the 2nd Amendment?

• A: So Americans could hunt?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B: So Americans could protect their homes from burglars?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrotchetyGeezer

I have a red pencil box.
Nov 3, 2012
Utah
Why did America's Founding Fathers institute the right to bear arms in the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States?

Because they knew NaziCons with short dicks were fearful and paranoid and would need an arsenal to feel safe...?

Because they knew NaziCons with short dicks were fearful and paranoid and would need an arsenal to feel safe...?

Wow, I forgot that one in my poll question. And, fearful and paranoid? You mean, it's like this nation's history never happened and, the history of untold numbers of other nations never happened? Are you really this clueless?

You left out one option - so that Americans could feel strong and powerful knowing they could shoot a person dead and then claim 'Stand Your Ground'.

You left out one option - so that Americans could feel strong and powerful knowing they could shoot a person dead and then claim 'Stand Your Ground'.

That wasn't an option because it never happened. I wasn't capable of reading your mind, and figuring out the type of crap you make up.

They didn't intend Americans to own every kind of gun imaginable, that is for sure.

Who told you this?

Do you honestly believe, that over 200 years ago, the founding fathers intended for you to own every single gun you ever wanted?

I honestly believe 200 years ago, the founding fathers intended me to have the same type of guns available to me that the government has available to it.

Who told you this?

Do you honestly believe, that over 200 years ago, the founding fathers intended for you to own every single gun you ever wanted?
Yes. They did NOT have your irrational fear of guns.

Had they fought in World War I and II, Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan - I suspect their fear of guns would have greatly increased. Watching the U.S. drop atomic bombs on Japan would have really excited them.

Had they fought in World War I and II, Vietnam, Iraq or Afghanistan - I suspect their fear of guns would have greatly increased. Watching the U.S. drop atomic bombs on Japan would have really excited them.
No, it would not have. They fought in bloody wars as well. Three of them if memory serves....The French Indian War, The Revolutionary War, and the War of 1812. None of those were picnics and were every bit as atrocious as the ones you mentioned.

Do you know how many people are murdered by guns in any given year?

The last year that they have whole numbers is 2009....There were 9,146 homicides by gun.

Do you know how many people live in this country?

300 million. Lets say it was 290 million in 2009.

That means that you had a 0.000003% chance of being killed by a gun in 2009.

Do you know how many guns are owned in this country?

270 million.

That means that the rate of guns per homicide in 2009 was 0.00003%.

Tell Me again why you want to ban guns? What crisis exists that you want to take away a fundamental right of every citizen in this country?

BTW...did you know that for every 100 people in this country, 88 of them own guns?

Think you can succeed in eliminating the 2nd Amendment?

Guns in the United States: Facts, Figures and Firearm Law

Who told you this?

I honestly believe 200 years ago, the founding fathers intended me to have the same type of guns available to me that the government has available to it.

Yo................Crotch Sniffing Sleazer.....................you DO realize that machine guns are illegal, right?

You also realize that the military has machine guns as well?

And............................why are machine guns illegal right now? Because of the gangsters in the 20's.

Tell this to the parents of the school children who were killed. They probably have a real "irrational" fear of guns.
Does not negate the fact that the "Founding Fathers" did not have an irrational fear of guns. They also would have been the first people at the school looking to put an end to that madman's terror.

It probably goes without saying, but there is a good chance that had this been the 18th century, the teachers and administrative staff would have been armed with weapons the equal of the shooter and may have saved some lives.

However, speculation serves no purpose. The simple fact is, it is pure emotional drivel to suggest that the country as a whole faces a crisis of guns when in fact, we do not.

It is also very distasteful to use the deaths of children by a madman as a means to promote a long standing political agenda.

Rather callus and uncaring. Cold blooded too.

Thankfully, people know how to morn and offer support to the survivors and not be riddled with knee-jerk hyperbole.

Forum List

Back