Reason and Experience tell us that there is Evidence for a Creator

Maybe, if you have a scientific mind.
I have a scientific mind. I'm an engineer. What do you do for a living?
Engineers are not scientists, usually; they use scientific knowledge.
I'm a behavioral scientist in the field of academic developmental psychology.
Engineering is the commercial application of science. We're pretty well versed in physical phenomenon. Are you saying that engineers are less equipped to understand physics than a behavior scientist in the field of academic developmental psychology? Exactly what degree do you have?
What i am saying is that most engineers are much less equipped to understand scientific methods & related epistemology concepts. You are a good case.
Although you may understand some physics knowledge that resulted from scientific research, the actual methods & philosophy of science interpretations used to produce that knowledge is another cognitive matter (pun intended).

I have a strong scientific methodology background that is necessary in the "soft sciences" like psychology where many variables are involved in research & analysis. Compared to most engineers, and I know many, I have a much broader education that includes philosophy of science, philosophy of mind, research design, statistics, physical sciences, biological sciences, anthropology, sociology, social psychology, and various psychology subjects, especially developmental issues, including self-organizing processes without a "creator" in addition to influences from external sources, both cognitive and physical.

For privacy reasons, and not to appear that I am showing off my advanced training/research at multiple major universities, i will refrain from additional specifics.
In this discussion forum, the focus should be on what we say and its justification.
Since you are such an expert on soft science maybe you could expound upon locus of control and normalization of deviance, ok?

Engineering is the commercial application of science. We're pretty well versed in physical phenomenon. Are you saying that engineers are less equipped to understand physics than a behavior scientist in the field of academic developmental psychology? Exactly what degree do you have?
What i am saying is that most engineers are much less equipped to understand scientific methods & related epistemology concepts. You are a good case.
Although you may understand some physics knowledge that resulted from scientific research, the actual methods & philosophy of science interpretations used to produce that knowledge is another cognitive matter (pun intended).

I have a strong scientific methodology background that is necessary in the "soft sciences" like psychology where many variables are involved in research & analysis. Compared to most engineers, and I know many, I have a much broader education that includes philosophy of science, philosophy of mind, research design, statistics, physical sciences, biological sciences, anthropology, sociology, social psychology, and various psychology subjects, especially developmental issues, including self-organizing processes without a "creator" in addition to influences from external sources, both cognitive and physical.

For privacy reasons, and not to appear that I am showing off my advanced training/research at multiple major universities, i will refrain from additional specifics.
In this discussion forum, the focus should be on what we say and its justification.
Or maybe we could talk about how the brain resolves conflict. Or maybe we could discuss your incredibly stupid explanation for objective truth.

Reason, experience and lack of facts tell us that no creator has yet been proven.

:thanks:

Or better yet we could discuss how Christian values lead to happiness and success. Or maybe we could discuss why atheists are less happy than Christians.

Last edited:
Or better yet we could discuss how Christian values lead to happiness and success. Or maybe we could discuss why atheists are less happy than Christians.
Let's stick with the thread topic and not make this a psychology lesson.

No, Christian values do not necessarily "lead to" happiness and success. Wishful thinking on your part & other "Christians". However, they may be spurious correlates.
How do you explain Denmark being evaluated as the "happiest country in the world" when 80% of its population believe that "religion is unimportant in daily life" ?

I can understand that; i have no use for religion or theology, and i am happy almost all the time, except when i'm too busy and get little sleep.
:) :) :)

No, Christian values do not necessarily "lead to" happiness and success. Wishful thinking on your part & other "Christians". However, they may be spurious correlates.
How do you explain Denmark being evaluated as the "happiest country in the world" when 80% of its population believe that "religion is unimportant in daily life" ?

I can understand that; i have no use for religion or theology, and i am happy almost all the time, except when i'm too busy and get little sleep.
Dopamine serves two purposes; 1. it makes us feel happy; 2. it turns on all of the learning centers of the brain. Research shows that being happy has a competitiveness advantage to being neutral, negative or stressed. Furthermore, research shows that we can train our brains to be happy by being thankful, prayerful and performing random acts of kindness over a 30 day period. All things that Christianity teaches its adherents to practice on a regular basis. So while it may be true that all Christians don't practice these values, the ones that do will enjoy a happiness advantage. Now contrast that the health effects of atheism and the difference becomes even more glaring.

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/pdfs/GratitudePDFs/6Emmons-BlessingsBurdens.pdf (thankfulness)

Dweck, C. (2007). Mindset: The new psychology of success. New York, NY: Ballantine Books. (meditation/prayer)

http://sonjalyubomirsky.com/wp-content/themes/sonjalyubomirsky/papers/LSS2005.pdf (conscious/random acts of kindness)

Religion and Suicide: Religious Affiliation, Atheism, Suicide

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.161.12.2303

Science Shows New Atheists to be Mean and Closed-Minded

Race/ethnicity, religious involvement, and domestic violence. - PubMed - NCBI

http://www.psy.miami.edu/faculty/mmccullough/Papers/Relig_self_control_bulletin.pdf

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120402094322.htm

Religious affiliation and suicide attempt. - PubMed - NCBI

Religion Replenishes Self-Control

Spurious? No. Unless by spurious you mean being supported by scientific studies, lol. No offense, but you are citing statistics instead of research papers. Can you show me some scientific research that proves atheism is good for human health and Christianity or religion is bad for human health? After all you do have a much broader education that includes philosophy of science, philosophy of mind, research design, statistics, physical sciences, biological sciences, anthropology, sociology, social psychology, and various psychology subjects, especially developmental issues, including self-organizing processes without a "creator" in addition to influences from external sources, both cognitive and physical, and advanced training/research at multiple major universities, right?

Ignorance is bliss? If you don't think very deeply about anything why would or how could anything bother you?

Its easy to find a false sense of security in not knowing anything because then the sense of responsibility for distinguishing between right and wrong is removed even if the consequences for choosing wrong can never be escaped.

Ignorance is bliss? If you don't think very deeply about anything why would or how could anything bother you?

Its easy to find a false sense of security in not knowing anything because then the sense of responsibility for distinguishing between right and wrong is removed even if the consequences for choosing wrong can never be escaped.
What are you taking about? I have provided the basis for my belief. Do you have any evidence that Christian values DON'T lead to happiness and success, or that atheists are MORE happy than Christians.

Dopamine serves two purposes; 1. it makes us feel happy; 2. it turns on all of the learning centers of the brain. Research shows that being happy has a competitiveness advantage to being neutral, negative or stressed. Furthermore, research shows that we can train our brains to be happy by being thankful, prayerful and performing random acts of kindness over a 30 day period. All things that Christianity teaches its adherents to practice on a regular basis. So while it may be true that all Christians don't practice these values, the ones that do will enjoy a happiness advantage. Now contrast that the health effects of atheism and the difference becomes even more glaring.

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/pdfs/GratitudePDFs/6Emmons-BlessingsBurdens.pdf (thankfulness)

Dweck, C. (2007). Mindset: The new psychology of success. New York, NY: Ballantine Books. (meditation/prayer)

http://sonjalyubomirsky.com/wp-content/themes/sonjalyubomirsky/papers/LSS2005.pdf (conscious/random acts of kindness)

Religion and Suicide: Religious Affiliation, Atheism, Suicide

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.161.12.2303

Science Shows New Atheists to be Mean and Closed-Minded

Race/ethnicity, religious involvement, and domestic violence. - PubMed - NCBI

http://www.psy.miami.edu/faculty/mmccullough/Papers/Relig_self_control_bulletin.pdf

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120402094322.htm

Religious affiliation and suicide attempt. - PubMed - NCBI

Religion Replenishes Self-Control

What are you taking about? I have provided the basis for my belief. Do you have any evidence that Christian values DON'T lead to happiness and success, or that atheists are MORE happy than Christians.

I said what I am talking about. If I said it again would it penetrate?

Let me put it this way. Its like someone found the original script for star wars a few thousand years ago with tales of adventure, warring celestial forces, with lovable wookies, underdogs pitted against the evil darth vader, none of which corresponds to anything ever seen on earth.

A person would have to suspend disbelief to believe or be taken in by such a tale if it was presented as a historical document..One would have to suspend disbelief to even enjoy it as entertainment. One would have to use rational thinking to understand the metaphors to even know what the story is actually about.

This is what you have done. You have set side rational thinking, suspended disbelief, to accept into your mind as fact the belief that a three in one God diddled a virgin to father himself to become fully human without a human father while remaining fully God while all the while never seeking proof for the truth of your belief and never thinking deeply enough about it to discover what the stories are actually about.

I'm sure it is a source of great comfort while you are lost in outer space knowing that the force is with you, a source of comfort that those who prefer reality to fantasy do not know of or need.

Last edited:

Let me put it this way. Its like someone found the original script for star wars a few thousand years ago with tales of adventure, warring celestial forces, with lovable wookies, underdogs pitted against the evil darth vader, none of which corresponds to anything ever seen on earth.

A person would have to suspend disbelieve to believe or be taken in by such a tale if it was presented as a historical document..One would have to suspend disbelieve to even enjoy it as entertainment.

Thats what you have done. You have to have set side rational thinking, suspended disbelief, to believe that a three in one God diddled a virgin to father himself to become fully human without a human father while remaining fully God.

I'm sure it is a source of great comfort while you are lost in outer space knowing that the force is with you, a source of comfort that those who prefer reality to fantasy do not know of or need.
Really? So you don't believe that happiness leads to success? You don't believe that science proves this?

A person would have to suspend disbelieve to believe or be taken in by such a tale if it was presented as a historical document..One would have to suspend disbelieve to even enjoy it as entertainment.

Thats what you have done. You have to have set side rational thinking, suspended disbelief, to believe that a three in one God diddled a virgin to father himself to become fully human without a human father while remaining fully God.

Really? So you don't believe that happiness leads to success? You don't believe that science proves this?

No, I am saying that any form of happiness based on delusions is not real no matter how successful you are in perpetrating a fraud.. The comfort you find in believing things that contradict actual reality is not needed by those accept reality and are not given to self delusion and fantasy and think more deeply about things.

No, I am saying that any form of happiness based on delusions is not real. The comfort you find in believing things that contradict actual reality is not needed by those accept reality and are not given to self delusion and fantasy and think more deeply about things.
Wow, so if one does all the things that science say are required to train your brain to be in a happy state of mind, you won't be happy if the reason you do it is because you are practicing your faith? Do I understand you correctly?

No, I am saying that any form of happiness based on delusions is not real. The comfort you find in believing things that contradict actual reality is not needed by those accept reality and are not given to self delusion and fantasy and think more deeply about things.
Wow, so if one does all the things that science say are required to train your brain to be in a happy state of mind, you won't be happy if the reason you do it is because you are practicing your faith? Do I understand you correctly?

No. Go figure...

Last edited:

No. lol....

Go figure...
So while it may be true that all Christians don't practice these values, the ones that do will enjoy a happiness advantage, right?

No. lol....

Go figure...
So while it may be true that all Christians don't practice these values, the ones that do will enjoy a happiness advantage, right?
No,
You have to first go out and sell off everything you own and then give in charity to the poor, before it is even possible for you to understand or follow me....follow my thinking that is.

It would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle with all that useless baggage that you are carrying around.

No. lol....

Go figure...
No,
You have to first go out and sell off everything you own and then give in charity to the poor, before it is even possible for you to understand or follow me....follow my thinking that is.

It would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle with all that useless baggage that you are carrying around.
You just contradicted what you wrote in post #715. So basically, what you are saying is that the laws of science don't apply for Christians, right?

No. lol....

Go figure...
No,

You just contradicted what you wrote in post #715. So basically, what you are saying is that the laws of science don't apply for Christians, right?

No.

I will tell you something. Try to hear.

No. lol....

Go figure...
No,

No.

I will tell you something. Try to hear.

Given that you believe that all of Christianity is a lie, I would not expect you to understand a religion that is not your own. Please try and separate religion from our present discussion.

Do you believe that Christians who experience a happiness effect as defined by science will be more successful than Christians who don't?

Forum List

Back