Rear Window

Feb 15, 2004
If you want to watch a great classic - watch one of my favourites, Rear Window directed by Alfred Hitchcock....Its sort of a whodunit - or did it really happen?

Originally posted by winston churchi
If you want to watch a great classic - watch one of my favourites, Rear Window directed by Alfred Hitchcock....Its sort of a whodunit - or did it really happen?

Hitchcock was a genius. I think 'Rear Window" was probably my favorite. No guts and gore, no nudity, and still one of the most suspenseful and sexy movies ever made.

It's a great movie because it has two story lines to it - one is the suspense and the other is the romance so it is great for anyone. The combination of Jimmy Stewart (where did those great actors go?) and Grace Kelly and Thelma Ritter that maid with the mouth?

The first time I saw the movie I was at the edge of my seat - did Raymond Burr kill his wife or did Jimmy Stewart dream the whole thing up? -

Anyone who has not seen it - go and rent it out - guarenteed you will enjoy it.

Originally posted by musicman
Hitchcock was a genius. I think 'Rear Window" was probably my favorite. No guts and gore, no nudity, and still one of the most suspenseful and sexy movies ever made.
I agree. Everyone calls me a prude but, really, I was just born too late. It seems to me sex is still prevalant in the movies of yesterday...it's just classy sex. I almost died the day that a movie actually "showed" someone going to the toilet...really, did I need to see that!?

Originally posted by Moi
I agree. Everyone calls me a prude but, really, I was just born too late. It seems to me sex is still prevalant in the movies of yesterday...it's just classy sex. I almost died the day that a movie actually "showed" someone going to the toilet...really, did I need to see that!?

I'm with you. I'd hate to be on a date, nowadays, and see some of the things they put in movies. What happened to leaving something to the imagination?

Forum List

Back