Really?

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
For a "Religion and Ethics" forum there seems to be so much negativity.

Bashing, belittling, insulting.....

Here's a screen shot of just the first page of threads:

Image1-5.jpg

I don't really understand why atheists, et.al. start threads asking questions about scripture when they really don't intend on accepting any answer given to them or why someone (anyone) starts a discussion with the sole purpose of attacking another group of people and their belief structure.

Nor do I. Id rather have discussion and dialogue. Id rather see more uplifting and edifying discussions.

But I'd hardly blame the athiests alone. Everyone should be respectful.

I don't really understand why atheists, et.al. start threads asking questions about scripture when they really don't intend on accepting any answer given to them or why someone (anyone) starts a discussion with the sole purpose of attacking another group of people and their belief structure.

Atheists don't exist. Humans are wired-up to believe in God. In order to be an atheist, you have to lie to yourself daily.

My view is that it's all going to come out just fine. We as the human race have control of a small portion of time, and that which is ours, no more. We only think we have more.

The same as a person. We have only some control over a small portion of time, our time. When young, we think we have more time. Until our time is getting closer. :razz:

We are thinking too young as a people imho.

For a "Religion and Ethics" forum there seems to be so much negativity.

Bashing, belittling, insulting.....

Here's a screen shot of just the first page of threads:

Image1-5.jpg

Look

If I wanted to start a thread on scripture, Ever answer you could possibly give would logically go against your very theology.

Don't believe me, try this on for size.

Referencing Mark 16:16-18, we have a method of distinguishing true believers of Christ from Charlatans and people that believe in nonsense about Jesus and christiainity. Please read all of Mark 16 to understand who is saying what.

Now there is an arguement out there that says only believers can be healed. But if that were the case, how Could Jesus, Peter or any of the other disciples heal people that did not know them first? According to the witness, it is apparent that a sick person that was healed by a believer did not know, then they were healed by a believer/Christ, then began to learn about Jesus. In other words, the healed did not properly understand the faith even after they were healed. They still have to learn it.

Another arguement says that Mark is mistaken, this is not a sign of the believers and Mark over stated an opinion. But if this is the case, then this leads to doubting the entire new Testament as truth. If Mark is mistaken or inaccurate, then what is accurate or true about the Testimonies, epistles and other statements in the New Testament. How can one be certain. Also, how could you tell what is true and what is false concerning what is assumed to be scripture?

Finally there is the case where it is apparent that you don't know the truth, only bits and pieces of it and it is not sufficient for salvation. Recall that in Mark 16:15 it is stated that only the true believers will be rewarded and unbelievrs are condemned. Mark 16:16-18 tells you exactly how to identify the true believers.

Are the signs of Mark upon you? Or are you talking nonsense. I am only using scriptures as the basis of this question

Last edited:
misery loves company?

edit:

people that are insecure about their own beliefs or lack of beliefs, seem to need others to join in their misery....

Hammer....check
Nail.......check

BAM!!!!

Dead on, C4!

The contortions of your post makes it hard to discern whether you are a believer or not and, honestly, have nothing to do with the point of my OP
:cool:

I don't think it's necessarily about religion. People are just generally negative on message boards. It's much easier for some to attack than to talk to people. And it's much easier to show how smart and/or cool you are by mocking somebody else than by saying something genuinely smart and/or cool.

Nor do I. Id rather have discussion and dialogue. Id rather see more uplifting and edifying discussions.

A true atheist wouldn't see the need to post in this forum.

I always find it fascinating that people say 'I'm an atheist' but they don't define what definition of atheism they ascribe to. Are they implicit atheists or explicit atheists? Do they even know the difference?

I always find it fascinating that people say 'I'm an atheist' but they don't define what definition of atheism they ascribe to. Are they implicit atheists or explicit atheists? Do they even know the difference?
:eusa_eh:

If you're referring to the Christian Heresy of Gnosticism, thay would fall under 'Other 'Christian''

Then what meaning does "gnostic" possess that renders it similar to atheism or agnosticism?

atheism and agnosticism rerfers to two different questions

theism: belief iin deity
atheism: non-belief in deity
\gnosticism": claiming ultimate knowledge
agnosticism: not claiming ultimate knowledge

Examples:

JB is an agnostic atheist

Granny says dey ain't happy `cause dey don't believe in Jesus...
:cool:
The intolerant atheists will never be happy
April 18th, 2011 - Celebrating a holiday in Britain is like trying to celebrate it in an unhappy family. The best-laid plans for reviving much-loved traditions quickly blow up in an almighty row. There’s no embarrassing uncle in his cups or stroppy in-laws; just schools that drop Nativity plays, shopping centres that phase out carols, and offices that shun Christmas trees. When Christians meekly complain that their Christmas is being ruined, the powers-that-be shout them down: “It’s in the name of diversity, stupid!”
Now there’s a new rumpus, and just in time for Easter. The Wakefield and District Housing Association in West Yorkshire has ordered one of its electricians to remove a palm cross from the dashboard of his company van. Colin Atkinson, a grandfather and former soldier, faces the sack for refusing to follow orders. Clearly, in the eyes of this publicly funded body, Mr Atkinson’s palm cross is on a par with a swastika, or a racist slogan. The symbol of Christ’s ultimate sacrifice strikes Mr Atkinson’s bosses as offensive: any show of Christian allegiance could drive a divisive wedge into this multicultural society.

I wish these self-appointed defenders of multi-culturalism would consult a representative group of Jews and Muslims. They would discover that minority faiths have no issue with palm crosses or Christmas carols. Read the Chief Rabbi, Jonathan Sachs, on this subject; listen to Fareena Alam, editor of the Muslim magazine Q News, and Dr Taj Hargey, an Oxford-based imam. They all agree: a Britain that respects, and protects, its predominant faith is a Britain that respects, and protects, all faiths.

At stake is not just a happy holiday. Once banning Christian symbols becomes accepted practice, the rejection of Christian beliefs is next. Already, social services have stopped a Christian couple from fostering children lest they infect their charges with an anti-gay attitude. Soon, the authorities will forbid conscientious objection: Christian doctors, for instance, will be forced to carry out elective abortions, which they regard as a sin.Where will it end? I fear intolerant atheists will not be satisfied until they’ve driven faith underground: Christians, Jews and Muslims will be forced to resort to Masonic handshakes and hush-hush gatherings. Meet you in the catacombs.

MORE

Atheists don't exist. Humans are wired-up to believe in God. In order to be an atheist, you have to lie to yourself daily.
bullcrap the only thing that does,nt exist is GOD

Forum List

Back