Really? The Right Wing Whackjobs Are Going to Shutdown the FAA

LOL - The Other side of the coin. Yes I consider FOX a valid news outlet. The only difference between you LibDems (I'll assume you won't take offense to the firm, they was the ConservaRepubs do) and your counterparts, is that you haven't instantly labeled me a Conservative for watching FOX - which I do.

You are aware that Fox went to court and argued that it was within their first amendment rights to lie to the public, right?

They won BTW.

Well. I'm actually anti-union but I am MORE anti-complete stupidity. They can do something to block unions later. The jobs, the cost and oh yeah, the danger, seem to be a greater priority.

But the Extreme Libs do the same thing. If a story breaks on FOX first, they refuse to even acknowledge it might be a real story and just attack the fact that the story came from FOX. And of course, they insult the poster etc... without ever actually making any points.

So now that I've brought up the verifiable facts and points, I wonder if they'll all disappear?
Still wondering how the right is going to "shutdown the FAA", though. Your title, BTW.

When you figure it out, you'll let us know. Right?

Here. Let me do something you seem incapable of:

I was wrong. They're not going to "Shut Down" the FAA. That was the lead-in line on the news when I saw it on tv but it was wrong. And I was wrong.

See how that works? BTW, didn't hurt me at all! I've done it often since I've been here!

All they're going to is cost 4,000+ jobs, cost the country an additional $200M a week and potentially endanger the citizenry. Why? So that a portion of the FAA might have a more difficult time unionizing. That seems a LOT like Party-Before-Country politics to me.

Now. Care to address the points? I'd bet you won't but who knows?

Does the fact that you have often been 8 days you have been on this board not tell you that you are not being logical? Logical people make mistakes, but they do not do it often enough that they have to admit it publicly on the internet multiple times in over a week.

Let me describe to you a process called critical thinking.

When you hear about something, like a claim that the right wing is going to shut down the FAA, you investigate both the source of the claim and the claim itself. In this case the source you used is known for its sensationalism and wild claims about things that later prove to be wrong. this is because they actually allow anyone who wants to contribute to the site to do so, and have no editorial oversight for anything that gets posted. That makes stories that they post suspect.

Note that this does not make them wrong, just suspect. You then investigate the facts, and when HuffPo itself tells you that the FAA has been operating on temporary bills for 4 years you know there is something more to the story than you are getting from them.

Not doing this makes you a hack. Always doing it with stories that make Republicans look bad makes you a partisan. Putting them together makes you a partisan hack, thus destroying your claim to being independent. Not exercising critical thinking proves you are not logical.

By the way, pointing out that there are some idiots on this board who reflexively label you as right wing or left wing is not an accomplishment. I have been labeled as both myself. That is not what makes me what I am, my actions do. I do not always think before I post, but I always think at some point.

The issue is not about the FAA unionizing, if it were it would have been settles when the Democrats had the power to pass whatever they wanted to. Go do some basic research about why the FAA has not been re-authorization for 4 years and you might understand why most people view this entire thread with contempt.

Here. Let me do something you seem incapable of:

I was wrong. They're not going to "Shut Down" the FAA. That was the lead-in line on the news when I saw it on tv but it was wrong. And I was wrong.

See how that works? BTW, didn't hurt me at all! I've done it often since I've been here!

All they're going to is cost 4,000+ jobs, cost the country an additional $200M a week and potentially endanger the citizenry. Why? So that a portion of the FAA might have a more difficult time unionizing. That seems a LOT like Party-Before-Country politics to me.

Now. Care to address the points? I'd bet you won't but who knows?

Sort of flies in the face of your, I use multiple sources for my information. Again, these people are essential personnel, so they stay on the job. You also continually refuse to acknowledge they have had many contract extentions. This being the most recent attempt to do just that. Partially honesty is still dishonesty.

And the $200M / week in cost?
The 4,000 jobs?

Oh wait, those were my points, weren't they. Well, we wouldn't want to address those!

Already covered the 4,000. You are drawing a false conclusion that the FAA actions would add $200M in costs. Your continued dishonesty is noted.

It's BOTH parties, playing politics as usual.

How is it both parties? If one party says we won't fund the FAA unless we can screw the working man that's playing politics. If the other party doesn't cave to the blackmail that's not playing politics

First paragraph in article:
"A quarrel between the House and Senate over union organizing by airline and railroad workers could lead to a shutdown of the Federal Aviation Administration"

House (Repub majority) vs Senate (Dem majority).

Back and forth, tit for tat...

Thats how!

The root of the dispute is a labor provision in a long-term FAA funding bill passed by the House in April. The Republican-sponsored provision would make it more difficult for airline and railroad workers to unionize by overturning a National Mediation Board rule approved last year. It allows employees in those industries to form a union by a simple majority of those voting. Under the old rule, workers who didn't vote were treated as "no" votes.

Why the hell should those not voting be counted a "no" votes? Jesus Christ Almighty, if the Republicans thought they could get away with it they'd count non votes in elections as Republican votes

Why do FAA employees need a union?

LOL! So they can all get fired if they strike!!!

:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back