Really huge protests on Feb 1st at city halls

Here's the article:
--------------------------
Announcement :: Protests
Huge protests in NYC, Miami, Oakland, San Francisco, and St. Louis Current rating: -2
by John
(No verified email address) 30 Dec 2003
On February 1st, there's going to be huge protests at New York City, Miami, Oakland, San Francisco, and St. Louis city halls.
On February 1st, there's going to be huge protests at New York City, Miami, Oakland, San Francisco, and St. Louis city halls. They are all going to occur at the same time. We've got 800,000 people ready to protest in NYC, 50,000 ready to protest in Miami, 35,000 ready to protest in St. Louis, 27,000 ready to protest in Oakland, and 70,000 ready to protest in San Francisco. We're protesting everything from the increasing gap between the rich and the poor, to the FTAA, the War on Drugs, pResident Bush, and more. You name it, we're protesting it.
--------------------------

"John," with no verified e-mail address, posted this. I'm sure he's a very reliable source.
"We" are going to have huge protests... you would think that hundreds of thousands of people protesting in NYC would attract media attention by CNN or Newsweek or someone. Even here is WA, anti-war protests of a dozen or so are plastered all over the news weeks in advance.
But I love the last part... it doesn't matter what your cause is, come protest! Sounds just like the Left - a bunch of individual causes that almost no one cares about, conglomerated together to form "the Democratic wing of the Democratic Party."

Indymedia is a growing presence around the world. Check out their site, look at the links. Individual ones go down, for being dropped by server, but show up in mirror sites. The mature answer for the 'seethers' when they outgrow clearguidance.

I checked back with the site and the author "John" has responded saying the group they are is an alliance of "Greens, Democrats, school teachers, Natural Laws, veterans tired of war and its horrors, Independents, civil Libertarians, anti-Bush activists, peace-activists, hippies, civil rights activists, etc." I can't wait to see on the news 800,000 people in NYC. Of course I'm not involved with these protests. I don't live in any of these cities.

Originally posted by Director of FIA
the group they are is an alliance of "Greens, Democrats, school teachers, Natural Laws, veterans tired of war and its horrors, Independents, civil Libertarians, anti-Bush activists, peace-activists, hippies, civil rights activists, etc."

Someone please break out the worlds largest can of cockroach spray!!

Forum List

Back