Clinton Really? Did she just say that? What was she thinking?

Discussion in 'Hillary Clinton' started by 320 Years of History, Oct 23, 2016.

1. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,629
    Hillary is no longer a lawyer. She failed to keep up her education requirements so she lost her license to practice.

2. 320 Years of History

320 Years of History Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,550
    Okay fine, but whether she's a currently practicing attorney has nothing to do with the essence of the point I made. She didn't lose the knowledge one needs to be an attorney and she hasn't stopped thinking like an attorney would in such situations.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,342
    We're one of the good guys in the world....

we allow a melting pot in our nation

we take in the refugees who need help, a new beginning

we help the poor

we help other allied Nations that need help, with our Military

We have a Judicial system where we are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

we donate more than any other Nation and their citizens within, to world wide catastrophe victims, we are generous

we say, "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

WE ARE GOOD! :D

I suppose this is old timer thinking, and I am probably one of these old timers though I am much younger than Hillary...

When I grew up, we all grew up to be proud of America... we KNEW from the bottom of our hearts, we were GOOD, china was Bad, The Soviet Union/russia was Bad.... America was where you could go from rags to riches, if you worked hard enough....America is where you could become all you could be.... America was good.

Not all of this rotten stuff that Trumpsters spout. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  4. Onyx

Onyx Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,088
    She has said it half a dozen times, so it definitely is not impulsive.

Clearly her campaign does not see a problem with the statement, but I thought it was odd every time I heard it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,470
    She's probably going senile.

6. Slashsnake

Slashsnake VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +226
    America used to be great. We used to lead the world in lifestyle, money, and technology. I honestly have no idea what Hillary's talking about.

Then suddenly America became a bunch of cry baby wussies that are highly resistant to change while companies have started tightening up and caring only about their bottom lines and not their customers.

-If I go to other countries (like Italy) I can see naked girls on regular TV. I come to America, I see people being offended because a girl's belly button is showing while she's walking down the street with her friend.

-If I go to other countries (like Australia, Canada, and the England) they have free healthcare because everyone that works pays into the system depending on how much they make. Our (Obama's) idea of everyone paying into the system is providing expensive healthcare plans nobody can afford, and the fining the American people of their hard-earned money they let the government borrow (interest free) at the beginning of each year out of their tax return BECAUSE they don't want to pay for those expensive plans. MD's only come here because they can make a lot of money... Not because the healthcare system is terrific.

- For not getting free healthcare, free college tuition, and acceptable roads to drive on, we certainly do pay a lot in taxes. Roughly 25% of my pay comes out in taxes and I still have to pay for the above two things and pay to have my car repaired from potholes the government fails to fix. Additionally after I pay that 25%, I have to pay 8.25% in taxes every time I buy something, or other ridiculous taxes when I want to have a cell phone plan. So I pay 33.25% in taxes to not have squat provided for me that other governments provide to their citizens other than how the government changes a light bulb on a traffic light and provides a police and fire department for me. That 8.25% adds up to a lot and is better suited in a personal savings account rather than for our government's use. I'd rather pay 66.50% in taxes and not have $40,000 in college debt when I graduate, or pay $400 (more) a month for an individual's plan of mediocre health insurance, and not have these stupid taxes that shouldn't exist on my phone bill. Why am I paying a "911 fee" on a cell phone bill when I ALREADY PAY TAXES FOR THOSE SERVICES.

-You go to other countries and they have a contactless + EMV PIN standard at every merchant and every card in the country. This has lowered credit card fraud tremendously. In America we have like three issuers that provide contactless cards... None that advertise it. We have very few banks that issue both credit and debit EMV cards with a PIN, because they're greedy of course. And then all merchants want to do is complain, complain, complain, sue, sue, sue over this standard, obviously not realizing how stupid they look because they're about 15 years behind in this technology. Let's see... 25% of the credit card population in America, but 50% of the world's credit card fraud... But nobody sees what we're doing wrong. Stupid. Other countries also have free, instant transfers from one bank account to another. Here, banks call it a "wire transfer' and want to charge you $30 bucks to send it out, and the other bank wants to charge you $15 for "bringing it in", in total charging you $45 because you wanted your money when you were supposed to have it (or almost instantly) like it's 2016 or something, but I guess the government would rather just sit on their hands and not do anything to fix that ridiculous stupidity.

-Only in America would the voters be stupid enough to vote people like Hank Johnson into congress, or give a candidate like Hillary Clinton a chance of winning the election in November. The American people vote based on party love, not based on common sense or who's the best fit.

-Other 1st world countries are clean, where America is dirty. Went to Canada and you couldn't find a single cigarette butt, piece of paper, or anything on the ground that wasn't supposed to be there. Here you have ghettos and dirty streets.

-We're #9 in the world in obesity, none of the other 1st world countries come close to us.

This country will never be great again. Who's HIllary fooling? The rest of the civilized world has surpassed us.

7. ChrisL

ChrisL Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +48,470
    That's why we have to start concentrating on US and stop taking in those we really cannot afford and stop wasting our tax dollars on silly "studies" and foreign aid and getting involved in other countries' business and their WARS!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pete7469

Pete7469 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,983
    Must be the first time you've ever listened to her.

I don't mean HEARD her shrill escalating nurse ratchet voice, I mean actually absorbed and pondered what she said. She's been saying utterly inane shit for the last 28 years.

9. JoeMoma

JoeMoma Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,012
    Her statement was just fine if not over analyzed. It may be time to listen to some Yogi Berra quotes.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  10. OldLady

OldLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,566
    LOL. Her statement made no sense; OP is right. I'm gonna vote for her anyway. So there.