Realized My Biggest Problem with Obama

SwingVoter

VIP Member
Aug 30, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
is the Obama supporters

watching the convention last night, became clear I am closer to Obama than McCain on most of the big issues, don't like the higher taxes, but also think it's the only way to reduce the deficit

but the Obama supporters need to chill out, really can't stand the way they pounce on every little news nugget about Palin or McCain, they way they hypocritically go into a rage about troopergate, yet have lame explanations for Whitewater, Biden's Plagiarism, Obama's Rezko connection, and they're so humorless about everything

some of the Mac supporters do the same on their side, but they have a lot more self-control

Nicely done! I give this a 9 out of 10 for "concern" trolling.

It takes a lot of balls to make a post like this, after living through over a decade of the republican base calling Bill Clinton a drug runner who murdered Vince Foster; John Kerry a coward who lied to get medals; and Barack Obama a secret muslim who really isn't an american citizen.

Yep, I vote SwingVoter the best concern troll we've had at USMB.

Let us know what prize you win, SV.

Yep, I vote SwingVoter the best concern troll we've had at USMB.

Let us know what prize you win, SV.

On the other hand, after 15 years of smearing Clinton, Gore, Kerry, and Obama with the most vile and scurrilous smears imaginable, its heartening that in the last 72 hours, the GOP is "suddenly" concerned with civility in politics.

is the Obama supporters

watching the convention last night, became clear I am closer to Obama than McCain on most of the big issues, don't like the higher taxes, but also think it's the only way to reduce the deficit

but the Obama supporters need to chill out, really can't stand the way they pounce on every little news nugget about Palin or McCain, they way they hypocritically go into a rage about troopergate, yet have lame explanations for Whitewater, Biden's Plagiarism, Obama's Rezko connection, and they're so humorless about everything

some of the Mac supporters do the same on their side, but they have a lot more self-control

It may appear to be as you say, right now...and i would agree with you that they are pouncing on every little itty bitty thing and have been nearing MADNESS in my opinion since Palin's announcment as vp....

HOWEVER, your last point is not quite emphasized enough...

I can remember going through periods on this board where it was the republicans going MAD, and posting one link after another on Obama, reizko, rev wright, not a usa citizen, Obama's a muslin, Michelle hates America, etc etc etc etc....it was pure MADNESS, just as what is going on right now with Palin, imho....

I hate it....turns me off, no matter what side does it...i'd rather debate pertinent issues.

Care

is the Obama supporters

so is this your way of "finally" coming to a decision to vote for McCain rather than Obama? :lol:

Palin has been in the media for SIX DAYS! of course we're going to pick up on every new bit of information that is released, we know NOTHING about this woman for pity sake!

Did you honestly think we'd just give her a free pass into November? REALLY?

I wasn't around here during the primaries so I don't know how the Conservatives behaved whenever something new about Obama would come out but I have a DIFFICULT time believe that they just were like "oh well, I don't support him so this doesn't matter to me anyway"

funny thing though, I don't care about the McCain supporters and their behavior because oddly enough THEY won't be the one's running this country so what they say is of no consequence to me after the election.

Nice demonstration of how liberals attack without addressing the issue raised.

yup

and I agree with Obama on military reductions and abortion rights, part of why I'm leaning his direction, yet issues don't seem to matter to his base, just angry, empty rhetoric

really can't support the old man though, even if Obama's supporters all behave like a bunch of undisciplined kids

Yup heart warming indeed. The left are the biggest hypocrites in this country. Any lie will do, any smear is ok, any information acceptable, UNLESS it is used against them, then it is dirty politics.

Much like how when Obama was up in the polls, the polls were great indicators and the best news ever, then when he was down, polls didn't mean a thing.

Talk about bullshit, the last 8 years of BUSH is evil etc etc etc, is the biggest smear ever conducted and all with out one shred of evidence or facts. Ohh and lest not forget that according to libs and dems over half the country was and is stupid for voting for Bush in 2004. Or that they never actually lost any election they had them stolen.

so is this your way of "finally" coming to a decision to vote for McCain rather than Obama? :lol:

Palin has been in the media for SIX DAYS! of course we're going to pick up on every new bit of information that is released, we know NOTHING about this woman for pity sake!

Did you honestly think we'd just give her a free pass into November? REALLY?

I wasn't around here during the primaries so I don't know how the Conservatives behaved whenever something new about Obama would come out but I have a DIFFICULT time believe that they just were like "oh well, I don't support him so this doesn't matter to me anyway"

funny thing though, I don't care about the McCain supporters and their behavior because oddly enough THEY won't be the one's running this country so what they say is of no consequence to me after the election.

:dig:

yup

and I agree with Obama on military reductions and abortion rights, part of why I'm leaning his direction, yet issues don't seem to matter to his base, just angry, empty rhetoric

really can't support the old man though, even if Obama's supporters all behave like a bunch of undisciplined kids

There are nuts on both sides. You have to decide for yourself. LIke Silence said, you're not voting for the nuts. I'm sure McCain and Obama both would rather not have all the trash thrown around about their opponent, by the nuts, but this is a free country in that regard.

And I am with you on Prochoice. The republicans have had nine nominations to the supreme court since 1980 and have not overturned RvW. It isn't in their interest too. The best way to lower abortions is to reduce poverty (and increase education), and these are planks in the democratic platform. The nice thing about this is no one feels their liberties are trounced this way, either. On the other hand, keep with the current economic strategy, and poverty increases, and abortion increases. The guttmacher institute reports that abortion is four times more common among the poor than among the well - off.

Last edited:
so is this your way of "finally" coming to a decision to vote for McCain rather than Obama?

honestly, I like her better than the old man

got nothing to do with Palin, but rather the fact that I want a balanced budget, military reductions, and strongly support abortion rights, and the Republicans don't seem to care that they've just presided over 8 years of massive deficits and slow economic growth, and what I saw last night made me feel that they really don't care and will just continue deficit spending and wrap themselves in patriotic rhetoric to deflect criticism

but the rush to pounce on even the slightest news item about Palin suggests that the Obama supporters don't really care about issues, but personalities

and the reactions here only further my belief, I'm a moderate leaning Obama, yet get called a "troll" if I don't support everything Obama says and does, there's no willingness to debate issues, but plenty of eagerness to start throwing labels at the slightest hint of disagreement

The republicans have had nine nominations to the supreme court since 1980 and have not overturned RvW..

Reagan was pro-choice as gov of California, and signed the law legalizing abortion there. Bush Sr ran pro-choice in 80 until Reagan told him he had to flip flop. Romney did the same this year.

I think most of these guys know it's a lot of bullshit, but it delivers them the entire south, so it has paid off electorally.

....The guttmacher institute reports that abortion is four times more common among the poor than among the well - off.
Perhaps because the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, planned it that way. This was her method of eugenics, to rid the world of “morons and imbeciles", “inferior races”, “human weeds” and those she saw as a “menace to civilization.”

honestly, I like her better than the old man

got nothing to do with Palin, but rather the fact that I want a balanced budget, military reductions, and strongly support abortion rights, and the Republicans don't seem to care that they've just presided over 8 years of massive deficits and slow economic growth, and what I saw last night made me feel that they really don't care and will just continue deficit spending and wrap themselves in patriotic rhetoric to deflect criticism

but the rush to pounce on even the slightest news item about Palin suggests that the Obama supporters don't really care about issues, but personalities

and the reactions here only further my belief, I'm a moderate leaning Obama, yet get called a "troll" if I don't support everything Obama says and does, there's no willingness to debate issues, but plenty of eagerness to start throwing labels at the slightest hint of disagreement

perhaps, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, you're seen as a troll because of your posts? I've read several by you that if you didn't clarify to me you hadn't decided I'd swear you were a hard-core McCain supporter and general republican apologist.

examples if you will:

the 1st amendment does not extend to the middle name of the dem nominee

^^ explain to me exactly what the purpose IS of continually referring to Barack Obama by his full name? I don't see many calling McCain, John Sidney McCain do you? it's inflammatory and done to convertly INSINUATE that he's a muslim pure and simple and anyone who believes otherwise is either completely naive or just a lying to themselves.

being Rick Roll'd was more entertaining than listening to Obama um and uh and choose his words cautiously

admitted to getting bad info on Palin AIP story, Sarah was never a member, yet more shoddy journalism from east coast elites

^^ at least they admitted they had a bad source...do you think Fox News EVER admits when they get things wrong? oh wait, sorry, they don't get it wrong they just outright lie in the first place.

Thompson's almost got me in tears though.

Then you must really have an issue with what the Clintons did to Susan McDougal.

this is a message board classic. It always cracks me up.

I've been on political message boards for almost ten years, and every election year some allegedly independent poster shows up, saying that they've decided to vote republican because liberal message board posters are so mean.

LOL - this one never gets old.

Perhaps because the founder of Planned Parenthood, Margaret Sanger, planned it that way. This was her method of eugenics, to rid the world of “morons and imbeciles", “inferior races”, “human weeds” and those she saw as a “menace to civilization.”

She sounds like a treat. Not relevant to reducing abortion, though.

If the issue is to reduce abortion, then the democrats would seem to have a good plan in place to do so. Provide resources for pregnant women who cannot afford a baby, reduce poverty and increase jobs so these women are empowered to choose life in the first place.

The republicans on the other hand need to turn out the base. Why would they give up their golden promise (which they have not yet come through on)?

Reagan was pro-choice as gov of California, and signed the law legalizing abortion there. Bush Sr ran pro-choice in 80 until Reagan told him he had to flip flop. Romney did the same this year.

I think most of these guys know it's a lot of bullshit, but it delivers them the entire south, so it has paid off electorally.

Thanks, I didn't know this. It sounds as though they have ramped up the volume on pro-life in the republican party steadily over the past 28 years.

is the Obama supporters

I can't stand the people at the GOP convention either.

And your problem with Barrack is that you are a racist. LOL. Maybe?:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back