Reality

One of the things that I am currently doing while looking for a place to retire to, is reading a lot of well logs. Eliminated a couple of places that I liked for the fact that the water supply was limited.

RGR, if you are going to join the conversation, it would behove you to at least know what the discussion is.

Are you saying that Albert ever had a contribution beyond explaining the exponential....even when the things he applies them to aren't exponential increases? Like population? And oil production?

I believe that we haven't begun to scratch the surface, let alone the greatest depths, of this earth in the search for and recovery of hydrocarbons. The quest must continue unabated.

Hydrocarbons, much the same as alternatives and renewables (including wind), were and are sourced from our sun. All the while, technologies in all arenas are making advancements.

Efforts on all fronts should compliment, not compete. These efforts should be coordinated, not juxtaposed.
Then and only then will humanity prevail.

They are not? Have you had any math past grade school?

Of course. Which is why I know the difference between exponential increases, which cannot increase forever, and the logistic function, the cumulative of which reaches an asymptote. Which covers things like population and oil production. What part of higher level thinking do you have a deficit of, to understand that just because Albert says it on tube, doesn't make it true?

What's the point? Forced abortions to compensate for increased energy use? We are at the brink of war with Iran because of oil shipments. The left's incoherent energy policy will send the US down the path to 3rd world status unless we throw the bums out next november.

I don't tend to confuse energy policy with the incoherent statements, actions or general gibberish that any political party puts out for public consumption. Given a crisis of sufficient magnitude, such as the energy shocks of the 70's, even a lunatic ignoramus like Jimmy Carter knew to build the big pipeline. It will be the same with Keystone, regardless of who is in office.

Forum List

Back