Reality tv: The American Tantrum Series

GLASNOST

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2016
Ouma se rondovel
I've always been a tinker. I built a chopper once and several custom and street machines. I'm too old to do any of that any more, but I still tinker - with this, that, and the other thing.

AMERICAN CHOPPER: Paul Jr. is a genius but perpetual running battles with his father (the Fascist bastard) was just too much. What an ass! I wonder what percentage of their work got damaged by flying debris?

AMERICAN HOT ROD: Together they made some smooth machines, but Boyd and his henchman Dwayne (the sadist bastard) had their egos so deeply into everything that the garage was a virtual insane asylum.

Thank God for AMERICAN RESTORATION! Nice work! Great projects! Excellent working conditions! At the end of each episode I run out looking for old stuff to restore! If reincarnation is the real deal I want to come back and work with them!

638.gif

Sadly we've allowed our political system to become another shitty dysfunctional reality show.

I've always been a tinker. I built a chopper once and several custom and street machines. I'm too old to do any of that any more, but I still tinker - with this, that, and the other thing.

AMERICAN CHOPPER: Paul Jr. is a genius but perpetual running battles with his father (the Fascist bastard) was just too much. What an ass! I wonder what percentage of their work got damaged by flying debris?

AMERICAN HOT ROD: Together they made some smooth machines, but Boyd and his henchman Dwayne (the sadist bastard) had their egos so deeply into everything that the garage was a virtual insane asylum.

Thank God for AMERICAN RESTORATION! Nice work! Great projects! Excellent working conditions! At the end of each episode I run out looking for old stuff to restore! If reincarnation is the real deal I want to come back and work with them!

638.gif
I used to rebuild Triumph Spitfires and Fiats in the later 1970's-1980's..I wish I still could also...

638.gif
I used to rebuild Triumph Spitfires and Fiats in the later 1970's-1980's..I wish I still could also...
Especially that there is so much you can do with Fiat! I had an early 500 with 'suicide doors', a 1975 128 Sport Coupe, a 1986 Ritmo, and a 1987 Uno. Fun cars to drive ... easy cars to work on!
big-grin.gif

638.gif
Especially that there is so much you can do with Fiat! I had an early 500 with 'suicide doors', a 1975 128 Sport Coupe, a 1986 Ritmo, and a 1987 Uno. Fun cars to drive ... easy cars to work on!
big-grin.gif
Yes they were and exchange motors were cheap...but eventually the parts dried up and the JC Whitney catalog didn't have everything you needed...

638.gif
big-grin.gif
Yes they were and exchange motors were cheap...but eventually the parts dried up and the JC Whitney catalog didn't have everything you needed...
You're living on he wrong side of the ocean.
cool.gif

Anyone with even a little bit of insight recognized Dwayne's pervasive self-loathing, which inevitably leads to self-destructive behavior patterns. But from what I saw on line, he was able to open his own shop after Coddington died, and from a business standpoint I think he has been doing OK.

It's difficult to know whether Dwayne was that big of an asshole, or he was just acting the part in order to make the show more "interesting."

As a regular viewer of the Velocity Channel on cable, I see several shows now that provide the interesting aspects of car repair, restoration, and customizing, without the idiotic drama of American Chopper or American Hot Rod. Good riddance.

....... I see several shows now that provide the interesting aspects of car repair, restoration, and customizing, without the idiotic drama of American Chopper or American Hot Rod. ...
Are they on YouTube? I'd like to see some of them!

Ps. I've seen that one about restoring only MoPar. It's a little boring, mostly bolt-on factory things.

Forum List

Back