Reality check on 'Fast & Furious' investigation

taichiliberal

Rookie
Aug 11, 2010
GOP Oversight Chair Admits There Is No Evidence Of White House Involvement In Fast And Furious

WALLACE: Do you have any evidence that White House officials were involved in these decisions, that they knowingly misled Congress, and are involved in a cover-up?

ISSA: No, we don’t. And what we are seeking are documents that we know to exist, February 4 to December [2011] that are in fact about [murdered Border Patrol agent] Brian Terry’s murder, who knew, and why people were lying about it…

WALLACE: I want to be clear, because we’ve got to get out, no evidence that the White House is involved in the cover up?

ISSA: And I hope they don’t get involved.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...-white-house-involvement-in-fast-and-furious/

Last edited:
Welcome there is only like 5 threads on this and again noone said the White House was involved, but the White House, thanks for playing though!

Are you all Blind this has to be the 5th Thread on this None Story I have seen.

Nobody ever Claimed the WH was Involved, The Investigation is about Holder and the DOJ. Hell I was not even thinking the President was involved until he pulled out EP. Now, Well he has to be. Why else could he even Justify Using EP, if the Documents he used them on don't even involve him at all.

Using EP was a very stupid Move IMO, and the only Reason Obama would do something that Stupid is if there is something to hide. He has to know using EP makes him look like he is Covering something up, so why would he use it, Unless he is indeed Covering something up.

:)

Not that we will ever know, Because you Dems will be successful in Making sure we never find out. All your preaching about Separation of Powers, and The President not trying to Rule like a King, Seems to Vanish when it's your guy doing it. You are already having success scaring the Republicans out of Going After this, No matter how Legit it may be, Because you and your pals in the liberal Press (which have been at an all time Personal Best as far as Blatant Bias goes covering, or should I say not covering this story for over a year now) Will sell a False Narrative and the Average Americans out there to Busy to Pay close enough attention will fall for it.

So Hats of to you, Before the Fact, For once again finding a way to Win no matter the Costs to our Democracy.

Really, You all should be so proud of your President, and even more proud of your willingness to Defend him no matter what he does. Reminds me of those die Hard Bush Supporters you all hated so much. Turns out your like 2 peas in a pod lol.

Typical

Last edited:
GOP Oversight Chair Admits There Is No Evidence Of White House Involvement In Fast And Furious

WALLACE: Do you have any evidence that White House officials were involved in these decisions, that they knowingly misled Congress, and are involved in a cover-up?

ISSA: No, we don’t. And what we are seeking are documents that we know to exist, February 4 to December [2011] that are in fact about [murdered Border Patrol agent] Brian Terry’s murder, who knew, and why people were lying about it…

WALLACE: I want to be clear, because we’ve got to get out, no evidence that the White House is involved in the cover up?

Oversight Chair No Evidence White House Involvement | ThinkProgress

"Reality Check", Tai...why do we have as an Attorney General, a man who pushed through the pardon of a convicted felon who had fled to Europe to escape prison? Why do we have as our Attorney General a man who doesn't view someone standing out in front of a polling station with a night stick in his hand as voter intimidation? Why do we have as our Attorney General a man who looks the other way while the Department of Justice floods another sovereign nation with thousands of automatic weapons and then stonewalls the subsequent investigation?

I've asked this question many times before...

WHY IS ERIC HOLDER OUR ATTORNEY GENERAL? Surely there must be SOMEONE this President could have come up with that had the moral compass that Holder so obviously lacks?

Last edited:

Nobody ever Claimed the WH was Involved, The Investigation is about Holder and the DOJ. Hell I was not even thinking the President was involved until he pulled out EP. Now, Well he has to be. Why else could he even Justify Using EP, if the Documents he used them on don't even involve him at all.

Using EP was a very stupid Move IMO, and the only Reason Obama would do something that Stupid is if there is something to hide. He has to know using EP makes him look like he is Covering something up, so why would he use it, Unless he is indeed Covering something up.

Not that we will ever know, Because you Dems will be successful in Making sure we never find out. All your preaching about Separation of Powers, and The President not trying to Rule like a King, Seems to Vanish when it's your guy doing it. You are already having success scaring the Republicans out of Going After this, No matter how Legit it may be, Because you and your pals in the liberal Press (which have been at an all time Personal Best as far as Blatant Bias goes covering, or should I say not covering this story for over a year now) Will sell a False Narrative and the Average Americans out there to Busy to Pay close enough attention will fall for it.

So Hats of to you, Before the Fact, For once again finding a way to Win no matter the Costs to our Democracy.

Really, You all should be so proud of your President, and even more proud of your willingness to Defend him no matter what he does. Reminds me of those die Hard Bush Supporters you all hated so much. Turns out your like 2 peas in a pod lol.

Typical

Gotta agree.

The second Barry invoked EP he put a whole new light on FF. You don't invoke EP for the hell of it. Its supposed to be used for National Security issues not something like FF.

The WH wasn't involved until it made itself involed with EP.

One has to wonder why?? That my friends is the 64 thousand dollar question.

• Banned
Welcome there is only like 5 threads on this and again noone said the White House was involved, but the White House, thanks for playing though!

Obviously, this willfully ignorant braying jackass didn't READ any of the links provided in those threads, because there are QUOTES by the likes of Boehner that pointed the finger at the White House.

Buckeye is just another neocon/teabagger flunky talking loud yet saying nothing.

reality check- this thing stinks. exec. order? deliberative conservation on a topic Obama said he knew nothing about?

and the love affair with whistle blowers is over I guess...

In a Friday letter to the DOJ’s Inspector General Michael Horowitz, Grassley and Issa said they’re now concerned retaliation is much more likely following Thursday’s votes to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in criminal and civil contempt of Congress.

“We just learned that ATF senior management placed two of the main whistleblowers who have testified before Congress about Fast and Furious under the supervision of someone who vowed to retaliate against them,” they wrote before describing how senior political figures have made dangerous threats before.

Grassley and Issa said that in early 2011, right around the time Grassley first made public the whistleblowers’ allegations about Fast and Furious, Scot Thomasson – then the chief of the ATF’s Public Affairs Division – said, according to an eyewitness account: “We need to get whatever dirt we can on these guys [the whistleblowers] and take them down.”

Thomasson also allegedly said that: “All these whistleblowers have axes to grind. ATF needs to f—k these guys.”

According to Grassley and Issa, when Thomasson was asked about whistleblowers’ allegations that guns were allowed to walk, Thomasson said he “didn’t know and didn’t care.”

http://www.grassley.senate.gov/abou...J-OIG-Thomasson-whistleblower-retaliation.pdf

Typical

If you had bothered to READ the information in th elink, there is a quote from Boehner that points the finger directly at the White House.

The crook in charge of the investigation, Issa, contradicts that.

So right off the bat, you are either willfully ignorant, insipidly stubborn or just plain ignorant as to the facts regarding this case.

Your supposition and conjecture, wishful thinking, and neocon/teabagger blathering means NOTHING! Carry on.

Oversight Chair No Evidence White House Involvement | ThinkProgress

"Reality Check", Tai...why do we have as an Attorney General, a man who pushed through the pardon of a convicted felon who had fled to Europe to escape prison? Why do we have as our Attorney General a man who doesn't view someone standing out in front of a polling station with a night stick in his hand as voter intimidation? Why do we have as our Attorney General a man who looks the other way while the Department of Justice floods another sovereign nation with thousands of automatic weapons and then stonewalls the subsequent investigation?

I've asked this question many times before...

WHY IS ERIC HOLDER OUR ATTORNEY GENERAL? Surely there must be SOMEONE this President could have come up with that had the moral compass that Holder so obviously lacks?

Why are you avoinding the information in the OP link? I didn't say Holder shouldn't be questioned, I'm just pointing out the reality of what's being pushed in the media on this particular point.

Deal with this, then we can move on. If not, then there's no point in responding to you further.

Typical

Gotta agree.

The second Barry invoked EP he put a whole new light on FF. You don't invoke EP for the hell of it. Its supposed to be used for National Security issues not something like FF.

The WH wasn't involved until it made itself involed with EP.

One has to wonder why?? That my friends is the 64 thousand dollar question.

It's been discussed and explained in the media that the reason EP was invoked was because you STILL had active agents in the field who would be compromised.

I seem to recall the recent ballyho by the GOP and it's punditry that Obama's revealing of the operation that nailed Bin Ladin was reckless grandstanding that would/could endanger present and future operations and operatives in that area.

Well, now it's the reverse from the neocons and teabaggers. Bottom line: Obama is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in the eyes of the bitter neocon/teabagger driven GOP.

Last edited:
reality check- this thing stinks. exec. order? deliberative conservation on a topic Obama said he knew nothing about?

and the love affair with whistle blowers is over I guess...

In a Friday letter to the DOJ’s Inspector General Michael Horowitz, Grassley and Issa said they’re now concerned retaliation is much more likely following Thursday’s votes to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in criminal and civil contempt of Congress.

“We just learned that ATF senior management placed two of the main whistleblowers who have testified before Congress about Fast and Furious under the supervision of someone who vowed to retaliate against them,” they wrote before describing how senior political figures have made dangerous threats before.

Grassley and Issa said that in early 2011, right around the time Grassley first made public the whistleblowers’ allegations about Fast and Furious, Scot Thomasson – then the chief of the ATF’s Public Affairs Division – said, according to an eyewitness account: “We need to get whatever dirt we can on these guys [the whistleblowers] and take them down.”

Thomasson also allegedly said that: “All these whistleblowers have axes to grind. ATF needs to f—k these guys.”

According to Grassley and Issa, when Thomasson was asked about whistleblowers’ allegations that guns were allowed to walk, Thomasson said he “didn’t know and didn’t care.”

http://www.grassley.senate.gov/abou...J-OIG-Thomasson-whistleblower-retaliation.pdf

Would have, could have, might have, allegedly said.....:confused:

You've a got a sleezy crook leading the investigation, and even he had to put Boehner and like minded pundits in their place on one specific point.

The OP stands. Let the investigation go forth from that acknowledged point.

day late and $100 short.

Translation: the little Windbag cannot refute or dispute the facts of the link in the OP, so he just spews petty sour grapes. :badgrin:

Translation, there are plenty of threads about this already, they all boil down to it wasn't about the White House until Obama made it about the White House.

So what? That doesn't change the FACT that your boy in charge of the investigation states in no uncertain terms that there's no connection as you would like it to be.

TFB, my silly little Windbag...you just can't have your way. Now, just keep blowing smoke by repeating your moot and now irrelevent point ad nauseum.

Forum List

Back