RealClimate Fruitcake and Green Party Activist Rewrites Wiki...

concept

Evil Mongering
Jun 19, 2009
West Mi
to the tune of 5000+ articles on global warming. :rolleyes:

Lawrence Solomon: Wikipedia’s climate doctor - Full Comment

All told, Connolley created or rewrote 5,428 unique Wikipedia articles. His control over Wikipedia was greater still, however, through the role he obtained at Wikipedia as a website administrator, which allowed him to act with virtual impunity. When Connolley didn’t like the subject of a certain article, he removed it — more than 500 articles of various descriptions disappeared at his hand. When he disapproved of the arguments that others were making, he often had them barred — over 2,000 Wikipedia contributors who ran afoul of him found themselves blocked from making further contributions.

Connolley took control of all things climate in the most used information source the world has ever known – Wikipedia. Starting in February 2003, just when opposition to the claims of the band members were beginning to gel, Connolley set to work on the Wikipedia site. He rewrote Wikipedia’s articles on global warming, on the greenhouse effect, on the instrumental temperature record, on the urban heat island, on climate models, on global cooling. On Feb. 14, he began to erase the Little Ice Age; on Aug.11, the Medieval Warm Period. In October, he turned his attention to the hockey stick graph. He rewrote articles on the politics of global warming and on the scientists who were skeptical of the band. Richard Lindzen and Fred Singer, two of the world’s most distinguished climate scientists, were among his early targets, followed by others that the band especially hated, such as Willie Soon and Sallie Baliunas of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, authorities on the Medieval Warm Period.

Read more: Lawrence Solomon: Wikipedia’s climate doctor - Full Comment
The National Post is now on Facebook. Join our fan community today.

Quite an amazing undertaking. Totally unnecessary if the AGW science was valid. As it is though, as we are finding out more and more, AGW science is a witch's brew of 3 parts bullshit, 1 part snake oil salesmanship.

The faster these charlatan's bait and switch techniques become exposed, the better for all of us.

Last edited:
So libs, are we ok with this blatant rewrite of facts?

You realize that it wouldn't be necessary if the there was any validity to your claims, right?

So libs, are we ok with this blatant rewrite of facts?

You realize that it wouldn't be necessary if the there was any validity to your claims, right?

None of these people are honest, or have the propensity to be honest about whom they are, or their motives.

They have to lie, re-arrange data or make up what they call facts to achieve their goals.

Not only is it happening within the realm of the AGW topic, but just about everything they get their grubby paws on.

Just look at the Congress, Look at the POTUS...

'Nuff said.

All told, Connolley created or rewrote 5,428 unique Wikipedia articles. His control over Wikipedia was greater still, however, through the role he obtained at Wikipedia as a website administrator, which allowed him to act with virtual impunity. When Connolley didn’t like the subject of a certain article, he removed it — more than 500 articles of various descriptions disappeared at his hand. When he disapproved of the arguments that others were making, he often had them barred — over 2,000 Wikipedia contributors who ran afoul of him found themselves blocked from making further contributions.

Connolley took control of all things climate in the most used information source the world has ever known – Wikipedia. Starting in February 2003, just when opposition to the claims of the band members were beginning to gel, Connolley set to work on the Wikipedia site. He rewrote Wikipedia’s articles on global warming, on the greenhouse effect, on the instrumental temperature record, on the urban heat island, on climate models, on global cooling. On Feb. 14, he began to erase the Little Ice Age; on Aug.11, the Medieval Warm Period. In October, he turned his attention to the hockey stick graph. He rewrote articles on the politics of global warming and on the scientists who were skeptical of the band. Richard Lindzen and Fred Singer, two of the world’s most distinguished climate scientists, were among his early targets, followed by others that the band especially hated, such as Willie Soon and Sallie Baliunas of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, authorities on the Medieval Warm Period.

Quite an amazing undertaking. Totally unnecessary if the AGW science was valid. As it is though, as we are finding out more and more, AGW science is a witch's brew of 3 parts bullshit, 1 part snake oil salesmanship.

The faster these charlatan's bait and switch techniques become exposed, the better for all of us.

Yet another example of why no one intelligent takes WIKI too seriously.

Hell I remember one time I modified and article about Iraq....me and someone were arguing and I added in the following

"There has even been an online argument between LordZero and PLYMCO_PILGRIM on this matter. As is shown by all available evidence PLYMCO_PILGRIM is correct"

:rofl: It was only up for a day or so but it was super funny...the guy used the wiki article to say I was wrong so I edited it and said "dude the article says i'm right"

You had to be involved but trust me it was hillarious.

Yet another example of why no one intelligent takes WIKI too seriously.

Hell I remember one time I modified and article about Iraq....me and someone were arguing and I added in the following

"There has even been an online argument between LordZero and PLYMCO_PILGRIM on this matter. As is shown by all available evidence PLYMCO_PILGRIM is correct"

:rofl: It was only up for a day or so but it was super funny...the guy used the wiki article to say I was wrong so I edited it and said "dude the article says i'm right"

You had to be involved but trust me it was hillarious.

:lol:

Of course the people at AGU are also all dishonest.

And in every other scientific society in the world, also.

And in every Academy of Sciences of every industrial nation on earth.

And in every major university in the worlds.

Nobody to trust but me and thee, and we are not so sure of thee.

Lordy, lordy, what a bunch of fruitcakes.

Of course the people at AGU are also all dishonest.

And in every other scientific society in the world, also.

And in every Academy of Sciences of every industrial nation on earth.

And in every major university in the worlds.

Nobody to trust but me and thee, and we are not so sure of thee.

Lordy, lordy, what a bunch of fruitcakes.

Not only were over 5000 articles rewritten, but counter articles were deleted and authors banned.

:lol:

But please, keep apologizing. :lol:

Forum List

Back