Real Women Have Curves

Why men will ALWAYS pick 'curvy' Scarlett Johansson over 'size zero' Victoria Beckham

It's a good reason to ditch that diet and celebrate with a piece of cake.

A study has found that men really do prefer ‘normal’-sized women with a few curves to those who are fashionably thin.

They find a body like Scarlett Johansson’s or Kate Winslet’s more attractive than the angular frames of Posh Spice and Paris Hilton.

Read more: Men prefer curvier ladies to size-zero women | Mail Online

Comments?

It's strange huh? Men just can't make up their fucking minds ... and they accuse us of being indecisive.

Men don't have a collective consciousness that informs them what is sexy, KK.

No more than women do.

Good thing, too cause otherwise we'd all look exactly alike, wouldn't we?

Why men will ALWAYS pick 'curvy' Scarlett Johansson over 'size zero' Victoria Beckham

A study has found that men really do prefer ‘normal’-sized women with a few curves to those who are fashionably thin.

They find a body like Scarlett Johansson’s or Kate Winslet’s more attractive than the angular frames of Posh Spice and Paris Hilton.

Comments?

I absolutely agree! The attraction to the "boyish" figure made popular in recent times is a manifestation of a state of juvenilism in the late modern male, which I for one don't share.

Viva la Difference!

When I fantasize about women... the more womanly the better!

But a preoccupation with skinny women by so many males just makes the curvy ones more self conscious about not being desirable enough, driving them into the arms of those men who appreciate them and their curves.
Honestly, Horse, I don't think it's so much the guys who promote that malnourished look as the women themselves. Sadly, often women are their own worst enemy, particularly in equal rights.
Nope! I think they fall prey to the "preferred image" as they see it being portrayed, but who would willingly put an impossible standard on their own physique?

I absolutely agree! The attraction to the "boyish" figure made popular in recent times is a manifestation of a state of juvenilism in the late modern male, which I for one don't share.

Viva la Difference!

When I fantasize about women... the more womanly the better!

But a preoccupation with skinny women by so many males just makes the curvy ones more self conscious about not being desirable enough, driving them into the arms of those men who appreciate them and their curves.
Honestly, Horse, I don't think it's so much the guys who promote that malnourished look as the women themselves. Sadly, often women are their own worst enemy, particularly in equal rights.
Nope! I think they fall prey to the "preferred image" as they see it being portrayed, but who would willingly put an impossible standard on their own physique?
Think about this (no offense intended): This preferred image (the undernourished look) is mainly promoted by the fashion industry. The marketing demographic for that industry historically has been mostly women (now, more men are getting interested). They need to sell to women and they pick an image that appeals to that demographic.

And, to answer your question about who would willingly set an impossible standard, think about the ubiquitous nature of eating disorders among girls and women. Yes, some men suffer, but it still is mostly women who have them.

Last edited:
Think about this (no offense intended): This preferred image (the undernourished look) is mainly promoted by the fashion industry. The marketing demographic for that industry historically has been mostly women (now, more men are getting interested). They need to sell to women and they pick an image that appeals to that demographic.

I agree with this completely and herein lies the problem. Who are these designers? No offense to anyone here on this forum, but it's my opinion that the designers are gay guys for the most part, and they prefer the 'boyish' look in their designs.

Edit out

Last edited:
Interesting point. But we also know even the skinny models have their cellulite airbrushed by photographers. We are a celebrity worshipping society and unfortunately a bunch of drug addicts and radish eaters dominate that profession. We need to stop feeding the trolls so to speak.

I think I need to be the judge here as a virile 30-something male.

All you ladies on the board, email me topless pics. I'll let you know if you're too skinny.

I think I need to be the judge here as a virile 30-something male.

All you ladies on the board, email me topless pics. I'll let you know if you're too skinny.

Selfess I tell ya, the man is selfless! :D

Selfless??? Pshaww!! Check out that avatar. I'll wager it's the topless pics that have caused the need for glasses and that slitty-eyed squint. :lol:

'womanliness' is of the feminine heart and soul, and then the rest is just fine. This talk of curvy and uncurvy is simply stupid. Let's move on.

2007-1-14-thin-models.jpg

That is scary.

Read more: Men prefer curvier ladies to size-zero women | Mail Online

Comments?

I like a woman who cooks, cleans, and takes care of the babies, preferably breast feeding until the youngest is at least two.

Forum List

Back