Real Unemployment Rate Is at Least 18 Percent

Illegal gains aren't considered employment. Try again.
The underground economy actually exists, unlike the "effects of immigration" fabricated in the OP link. If you can count something that doesn't exist, then I can count something that does exist.
Try again.
I made a statement of fact. I didn't try anything, you did. Illegal activities have always been with us. They've never figured into employment numbers. Einstein.
Neither were "effects of immigration" but the OP link used them and there is no such calculation, so I am free to include something that was never included too! The difference is my number is real.

While there are a lot of baby boomers retiring, I've seen no evidence that 10,000 are retiring every day.
Actually nearly 3 out of 4 boomers retire by age 62 and 82% have retired by age 65. That is down from 89.2% retiring by age 65 in 1985.
The numbers indicate there are about 10,000 baby boomers hitting the age of 62 every single day. To claim there are 10,000 baby boomer retiring every single day would assume that every single baby boomer works, which is of course, absurd.
Well, if you want to get that technical, it's 8,200 per day which would round up to 10,000. :D

The underground economy actually exists, unlike the "effects of immigration" fabricated in the OP link. If you can count something that doesn't exist, then I can count something that does exist.
Try again.
I made a statement of fact. I didn't try anything, you did. Illegal activities have always been with us. They've never figured into employment numbers. Einstein.
Neither were "effects of immigration" but the OP link used them and there is no such calculation, so I am free to include something that was never included too! The difference is my number is real.
You pulled the number out of your rear but doubling down on assertions doesn't change facts.

Actually nearly 3 out of 4 boomers retire by age 62 and 82% have retired by age 65. That is down from 89.2% retiring by age 65 in 1985.
The numbers indicate there are about 10,000 baby boomers hitting the age of 62 every single day. To claim there are 10,000 baby boomer retiring every single day would assume that every single baby boomer works, which is of course, absurd.
Well, if you want to get that technical, it's 8,200 per day which would round up to 10,000. :D
Again, only if you assume every baby boomer works. Even going with your figures that 82% retire by age 65, that's 82% of working baby boomers, which is probably less than 70%.

The "real" unemployment rate is actually lower than the U-3 rate of 6.2%. There are about 5 million people working off the books in the underground economy.
And how do you know they're not included in the CPS? There are no questions about legality or taxes and disclosure of any such information outside of statistical agencies would be illegal. There's no reason for people not to report under-the-table activities to BLS, and while it's true that some people would still be reluctant, that's probably not the general case.

Illegal gains aren't considered employment. Try again.
Yes, they are. There's no distinction in the household survey.

Try again.
But you can't show how much is or is not already included. There's no reason for illegal aliens or off the books employees not to report such work to BLS, and for those who don't trust BLS and don't want to answer about work most likely just refuse the survey altogether.

illegal gains aren't considered employment. Try again.
yes, they are. There's no distinction in the household survey.
lol.

There isn't. Respondents are asked if they worked and industry. And anything they do say to the Census worker is inadmissible as evidence for anything and would be illegal for the Census employee to tell anyone. It's actually in income data that people are less likely to talk about illegal activities.

It's telling that in the wake of good news, conservatives have to make shit up by using metrics that were never before used.

And even then? They get it wrong.

It's telling that in the wake of good news, conservatives have to make shit up by using metrics that were never before used.

It doesn't even matter. No matter what metric they invent, unemployment was still worse when Bush fled office. If they use some made up calculation to show that "real unemployment" is 18%, that only means it was way higher 5 1/2 years ago. :eusa_doh:

It doesn't even matter. No matter what metric they invent, unemployment was still worse when Bush fled office. If they use some made up calculation to show that "real unemployment" is 18%, that only means it was way higher 5 1/2 years ago. :eusa_doh:
When Bush left, even though his policies were still in effect, the U-3 rate was 7.8% and his U-6 rate was 14.2%. The U-3 rate now is 6.2% and the U-6 rate now is 12.2%.

Unemployment-coping-AP.jpg

Watch the left-wingers leap all over this because it's a Breitbart site story. Nothing about the facts reported or the truth.

“Truth? I don't want no damn truth!”

We hear it all the time.

But, for your own information, read the story @ Real Unemployment Rate Is at Least 18 Percent

Let me explain this to you for the gazillionth time, although I doubt you can count beyond ten.

Yes, there are more unemployed people out there. Thanks to the 10,000 baby boomers retiring every single day.
While there are a lot of baby boomers retiring, I've seen no evidence that 10,000 are retiring every day.

There is if you look,,

Baby Boomer Statistics Affecting Retirement

Every 10 seconds one of us turns 65 (this amounts to between 3 and 4 million Boomers a year). This means that we are the force behind the rapid expansion in the number of over-55 communities, senior apartments and skilled nursing facilities.

Not only are we currently reaching the age of 65 at the rate of about 10,000 a day, but we will continue reaching retirement age at this rate for the next 20 years! This will result in more than double the number of senior citizens in our country by 2050.

Nearly half of all American workers (which includes our adult children) have less than $10,000 in retirement savings. However, even when you only consider older workers, one-fourth of workers in the 46 to 64 year old age group have NO retirement savings or personal savings.

Baby Boomer Retirement: Fascinating Statistics about Baby Boomers

Unemployment-coping-AP.jpg

Watch the left-wingers leap all over this because it's a Breitbart site story. Nothing about the facts reported or the truth.

“Truth? I don't want no damn truth!”

We hear it all the time.

But, for your own information, read the story @ Real Unemployment Rate Is at Least 18 Percent

Let me explain this to you for the gazillionth time, although I doubt you can count beyond ten.

Yes, there are more unemployed people out there. Thanks to the 10,000 baby boomers retiring every single day.

retired people are not considered unemployed. Sorry

There is if you look,,

Every 10 seconds one of us turns 65 (this amounts to between 3 and 4 million Boomers a year). This means that we are the force behind the rapid expansion in the number of over-55 communities, senior apartments and skilled nursing facilities.

Not only are we currently reaching the age of 65 at the rate of about 10,000 a day, but we will continue reaching retirement age at this rate for the next 20 years! This will result in more than double the number of senior citizens in our country by 2050.

Nearly half of all American workers (which includes our adult children) have less than $10,000 in retirement savings. However, even when you only consider older workers, one-fourth of workers in the 46 to 64 year old age group have NO retirement savings or personal savings.

That proved my point, thanks!

It states that 10,000 people are turning 65 every day, not that 10,000 people are retiring every day. Not every person turning 65 is employed to begin with.

There is if you look,,

It states that 10,000 people are turning 65 every day, not that 10,000 people are retiring every day. Not every person turning 65 is employed to begin with.
I admit you are right, so I recalculated using a different SSA source.

There were 32,273,145 retired workers, not including spouses and children, at the end of 2008 and 37,891,025 at the end of 2013, which comes to 5,617,880 retired workers over 5 years or 1,123,576 per year or 93,631 per month or 3,121 per day.

Social Security Beneficiary Statistics

There were 32,273,145 retired workers, not including spouses and children, at the end of 2008 and 37,891,025 at the end of 2013, which comes to 5,617,880 retired workers over 5 years or 1,123,576 per year or 93,631 per month or 3,121 per day.

and sadly u6 is still over 12%, 50% higher than before recession thanks to idiotic liberal mismanagement of the economy. Had it not been for the energy revolution Obama's unemployment would be 16% putting him in league with FDR.

and sadly u6 is still over 12%, 50% higher than before recession thanks to idiotic liberal mismanagement of the economy. Had it not been for the energy revolution Obama's unemployment would be 16% putting him in league with FDR.
What a splendid display of ODS -- Bush nearly doubles U6 unemployment from 7.3% to 14.2%, an increase of a whopping 95% and second only to Herbert Hoover, another rightwing loser. Obama lowers U6 unemployment from 14.2% to 12.2%, a decrease of 14% -- yet your outrage is aimed at the president who lowered the U6 rate but not the one who nearly doubled it.:cuckoo:

What a splendid display of ODS -- Bush nearly doubles U6 unemployment from 7.3% to 14.2%, an increase of a whopping 95% and second only to Herbert Hoover, another rightwing loser. Obama lowers U6 unemployment from 14.2% to 12.2%, a decrease of 14% -- yet your outrage is aimed at the president who lowered the U6 rate but not the one who nearly doubled it.:cuckoo:

dear, unemployment is always highest when a recession hits. The issue is whether it gets fixed quickly or not. Under Obama's liberal soviet interference idiocy we have the slowest recovery since the Great liberal Depression. Do you understand now?

There is if you look,,

And not all the ones who are working are retiring. The LFP rate for people over 65 us INCREASING.

Forum List

Back