Real Unemployment 11.4 percent, not the U6 number but the REAL unemployment number

"Even though the official unemployment rate peaked in November 2009 and has declined slowly since then, the number adjusted for labor force participation rate hasn’t declined but instead floated in that range. We can see the marginally-attached rate decline with time, though the labor-force adjusted participation rate stays constant. That’s bad news."

Wait a minute ... no one gives a shit about the truth here? This is pretty scary.

I brought this up on another thread, but it seems the left does not want to discuss it.

Any on the left want to explain this.

I am all ears.

I am sure there is a good explanation.

But, I'll listen to yours instead.

The unemployment numbers from the government are from surveys. They have limited accuracy (like any poll does). It is highly doubtful they are good to within 100,000 people, so these kinds of estimates are well within the bounds of the government produced numbers. Whether it is 10.9% or 11.5% does not matter, because it definitely is NOT 8.6%!

The Strata-Sphere » Actual Unemployment Closer To 11%

Boy the lack of response from the left is just amazing.

No Obama rescues ?

the unemployment is no longer a factor next year, its the fact that close to 55% of "Legal Americans" want Bozo to move out of the white house for all of the damage and depression he has caused for over 150 Million Americans!! and with the dozens of scandals that have been coming out of the woodwork, and all of the latest Democrats that have stolen or lost a few billion dollars!!! thanks alot Jon Corzine and Charlie Rangel,,,you make Obama and the rest of the Rats seem so honest!

What Is The Real Unemployment Rate? - Seeking Alpha

This provides another side of the story to the 8.6 percent unemployment rate we hear about. It's not without criticism but neither is the 8.6 percent number.
The real UE rate is 8.6%. The Fake 11.4% rate is based on the ridiculous assumption that no one, especially Boomers, retires from the work force, or dies, or goes back to school, or gets married, or moves out of the country, etc. The phony 11.4% rate assumes everyone leaves the workforce because they have given up looking for work out of frustration, a moronic but self-serving assumption for those who want the country to suffer for the political gain of their Party.

This provides another side of the story to the 8.6 percent unemployment rate we hear about. It's not without criticism but neither is the 8.6 percent number.
not too shabby of a number, considering it was being touted a year or 2 ago that the REAL Unemployment rate was 20% not 10%, so if the REAL u/e rate is ONLY 11.4 then we've made great employment progress, no?

:eusa_whistle:

I don't doubt for a moment that the real unemployment numbers are higher than is reported.

FWIW, I think that underreporting problem has been happening for decades.

I think the politicans wants to have a high unemployment to secure good recruitment to the armed forces.

That's mental.

There's waivers for everything short of a career in crime, and the military didn't suffer.

Besides, why would they want people with degrees that will just discharge as soon as they think they can get another job?

The real UE rate is 8.6%. The Fake 11.4% rate is based on the ridiculous assumption that no one, especially Boomers, retires from the work force, or dies, or goes back to school, or gets married, or moves out of the country, etc. The phony 11.4% rate assumes everyone leaves the workforce because they have given up looking for work out of frustration, a moronic but self-serving assumption for those who want the country to suffer for the political gain of their Party.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...is-11-percent/2011/12/12/gIQAuctPpO_blog.html

When Ezra Klein, a partisan who has his lips welded to President Obama's ass, says it's 11%, you might want to reconsider what a Bob Schrum type comment you made looks like to others.

Idiot.

I am all ears.

Sure. "We're Republicans. We'll take the highest (worst) number we can find, and use it. We hate so much, we'd rather see the country fail, than Obama succeed."

Good enough?

BTW, when are you guys going to stop claiming the economy's not getting better, and start taking credit for it?

Will it happen all at once?

Or will there be a confused message? Where some of you are saying the economy IS getting better, thanks to the Republicans, and the rest are saying it's NOT getting better, and it's all Obama's fault?

Maybe you should have, like, a meeting or something.

I am all ears.

Sure. "We're Republicans. We'll take the highest (worst) number we can find, and use it. We hate so much, we'd rather see the country fail, than Obama succeed."

Good enough?

BTW, when are you guys going to stop claiming the economy's not getting better, and start taking credit for it?

Will it happen all at once?

Or will there be a confused message? Where some of you are saying the economy IS getting better, thanks to the Republicans, and the rest are saying it's NOT getting better, and it's all Obama's fault?

Maybe you should have, like, a meeting or something.

Killer explanation. Thanks for nothing.

I think I posted where your golden boy Ezra Klein actually has bought into these numbers too. Let's hear you blast him on that one.

Saying the economy is getting better is like saying the sun will come up. It gets better because of itself and the fact that it is a system. There is a good chance it would have done better had BHO not stuck his nose in it at all.

The GOP, at the federal level, will do whatever it needs to gain power. I have little respect for it.

And if I thought things were going well, I'd be more than happy to see BHO in office for another four years (except we need to kill Obamacare...but beyond that).

But things are not going so well and the way he operates and then brags about it....it is scary to think some in the country want him back.

Yes, yes, I know (from your blind partisan only the GOP hates point of view) that anything is better than a republican.

Wonkbook: The real unemployment rate is 11 percent - The Washington Post

When Ezra Klein, a partisan who has his lips welded to President Obama's ass, says it's 11%, you might want to reconsider what a Bob Schrum type comment you made looks like to others.

Idiot.
He makes the same moronic assumption that everyone who leaves the workforce is frustrated. :cuckoo:
No Boomers ever retire, no one of working age goes back to school, gets married, gets sick or injured or decides to care for a family member who gets sick or injured, etc. :cuckoo:
The only reason people leave the workforce is because they are discouraged. :cuckoo:

From your link:

Since 2007, the percent of the population that either has a job or is actively looking for one has fallen from 62.7 percent to 58.5 percent. That's millions of workers leaving the workforce, and it's not because they've become sick or old or infirm. It's because they can't find a job, and so they've stopped trying. That's where Luce's calculation comes from.

Idiot.
He makes the same moronic assumption that everyone who leaves the workforce is frustrated. :cuckoo:
No Boomers ever retire, no one of working age goes back to school, gets married, gets sick or injured or decides to care for a family member who gets sick or injured, etc. :cuckoo:
The only reason people leave the workforce is because they are discouraged. :cuckoo:

From your link:

Since 2007, the percent of the population that either has a job or is actively looking for one has fallen from 62.7 percent to 58.5 percent. That's millions of workers leaving the workforce, and it's not because they've become sick or old or infirm. It's because they can't find a job, and so they've stopped trying. That's where Luce's calculation comes from.

I think you are the one who is making the moron mistake.

Klein isn't going to post bad news unless he really thought there was a problem. He is one of BHO biggest apologists.

Idiot.

From your link:

I think you are the one who is making the moron mistake.

Klein isn't going to post bad news unless he really thought there was a problem. He is one of BHO biggest apologists.
If Klein is too stupid to know Boomers are retiring in record numbers and people leave the workforce for a multitude of reasons, why should I even care about your mind-reading skills?

Forum List

Back