Real solution

I feel dizzy, I feel faint, the world has come to an end. I agree with CF!

Of course, the reality is, politics won't let that happen. People get stupid about nuclear power. And there is also the reality folks do get stupid around it sometimes. Chernobyl supposedly happened because a couple of engineers got drunk and wanted to settle a bet.

So, while I think it is a good idea, there is no way in hell we are going to see it for the foreseeable future.

I'm pretty lib but Nuclear is the ONLY viable solution to our power needs. The ONLY way to be COMPLETELY free of foreign entanglements is to build nuclear power plants. Now here is the part that will piss off the conservatives. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give up just ONE of your IC cars for a PLUG IN electric and we can reduce our need for petrol fuel based transportation. Of course we would also enjoy MASSIVE amounts of cheap energy which MAY help keep manufacturing jobs HERE in the good 'ol US of A.

What do we need Nuclear power for?
we dont produce anything ?
My Jetski was made in Canada, My Harley Runs on gas My ford ands Toyota were made in where ever My Yamaha made in Japan all run on gas.

I have an idea. How about we make cars that are beef powered. Not only will we be independent from oil, we will also take out "Public Enemy #1" in the fictitious concept of "GLOBAL WARMING". We will kill two birds with one stone... or is that cows?

Last edited:

Of course, the reality is, politics won't let that happen. People get stupid about nuclear power. And there is also the reality folks do get stupid around it sometimes. Chernobyl supposedly happened because a couple of engineers got drunk and wanted to settle a bet.

So, while I think it is a good idea, there is no way in hell we are going to see it for the foreseeable future.

actually it was govt bureaucrats that forced a ridiculous safety (?) test on the plant, sort of like taking the oil out a running car to see how long 'til it stops. the top managers of the plant left town after they could not persuade the officials to stop the test. in a way the test was successful; they found out how long a water cooled nuclear reactor can operate without water. NOT LONG!!

The Soviet reactors are or were not even close to ours in safety devices. Comparing a Russian reactor problem to us is ignorant at best.

I think something as Impactful as "NUCLEAR" power plants need to be tested and further studied before we jump the wagon. One miscalculation could be catastrophic and detrimental to the livelihood of innocent bystanders who reside in immediate area.
That's why we need to look into BEEF powered cars. I tell ya, It will fix everything! Just imagine the smell of that exaust.... Mmmmmmm Exaust.

Last edited:
All attempts at building such plants are blocked by green wackos.

They even try to shut down ones in operation like Indian Point in NY (without any plan to replace the lost power).

Your right... Them damn hippies would not like the idea of BEEF powered cars. Damn!!!!!!! I could almost taste it. Hippies are the cancer to everything!

I think something as Impactful as "NUCLEAR" power plants need to be tested and further studied before we jump the wagon. One miscalculation could be catastrophic and detrimental to the livelihood of innocent bystanders who reside in immediate area.

the new designs make the existing ones look like Model T's. I can't see how we can continue to ignore this relatively green power option.

Once again, IAN, you said "I can't see". Sometimes the things we can't see are the most lethal. As for France, Good for them. France has taken the risk and can be the test bunnies of the world. It's not a short term thing. What about the people that work at the plant? What about LONG term effects? Not my cup of coffee (For the record, once again a relating line to John Q. Public for I don't drink coffee.).

Once again, IAN, you said "I can't see". Sometimes the things we can't see are the most lethal. As for France, Good for them. France has taken the risk and can be the test bunnies of the world. It's not a short term thing. What about the people that work at the plant? What about LONG term effects? Not my cup of coffee (For the record, once again a relating line to John Q. Public for I don't drink coffee.).

Nuclear power is safe.

Why not give it some more study? What would it harm? What the government needs to do is (Besides beef powered cars OF COURSE) Off-Shore drilling. It will give us around a 10 year window to study and do the right thing. Even if Nuclear Power is the answer... We at least make sure. Now, What does that hurt?

Why not give it some more study? What would it harm? What the government needs to do is (Besides beef powered cars OF COURSE) Off-Shore drilling. It will give us around a 10 year window to study and do the right thing. Even if Nuclear Power is the answer... We at least make sure. Now, What does that hurt?

We have had YEARS of study and proof already.

actually it was govt bureaucrats that forced a ridiculous safety (?) test on the plant, sort of like taking the oil out a running car to see how long 'til it stops. the top managers of the plant left town after they could not persuade the officials to stop the test. in a way the test was successful; they found out how long a water cooled nuclear reactor can operate without water. NOT LONG!!

Maybe we could hook one up to Cheney's cold dark heart that should be cold enough to handle the cooling issues for at least ONE nuke plant. :)

Xeno I KNOW why we don't have new plants coming online and that's why I am very NON lib when it comes to nuclear power.

Oh and for ANYONE who wnats to complain about saftey and brings up Chernobyl or TMI you need to understand that those plants have virtually NOTHING to do with the new gen of power plants. Heck some of them even make HYDROGEN as a BY-PRODUCT!!!! HYDROGEN AS A BY-PRODUCT!!! How cool is that.

Of course we will need to repeal the regs that say we can not reprocess nuclear power rods and we will have to shove what's left of the waste up Reid's ass but that's about the last problem with nuke power.

WE CAN DO THIS THING!!!! Hell the coal that we are burning for power can be made into FUEL!!! ALL THAT COAL made into FUEL for our cars, motorcycles, and YES even Jetskis!!! The power needed for Coal Liquifaction could be provided by a NUCLEAR power plant. The power to build WIND generators and SOLAR panels could be provided by NUCLEAR power. Hell you DO know that we have made quite a number of NAVAL reeactors over the last 20 years RIGHT?

CF

Being for or against nuke power has nothing to do with lib or non-lib... it has more to do with alliance to the hypocritical enviro-nazis... I don't care if someone is REP, LIB, Libertarian, Anarchist, or whatever else... when they align themselves with the enviro-nazis, they get placed in the category of 'wastes of oxygen'

Forum List

Back