Real Reno 911 :Taze Granny

You should ask conjob that question. Recently there was a thread about a cop who tried to keep a man from bringing his wife (she was having a stroke) into the ER because he ran two lights. By the time the cop caught up the the man, he had already parked his car in front of the ER and was carrying his wife into the ER. The maniac cop tried to stop the man until the hospital intervened, saying they needed the husband to answer questions because the wife was not able to answer questions.

conjob said the cop was right for stopping the husband.

Surprise surprise another lie from Sangha, I said at least 40 times in that thread that the LEO was wrong for preventing the woman from receiving medical care before confrontation the husband. I even said he should be fired for doing so.

You sir are a liar.

Yes, you did say he was wrong. You also said he was right.

Sort of like the way you said bush supported increased spending and bush opposed increased spending

Lie again. What I said was he was wrong for not getting the wife medical help before confronting the husband, and that the husband was wrong for running 2 red lights and deserved to be pulled over and confronted for that.

Are you ever honest? EVER?

You sure seem to care

Oh noes!! Someone posted a LOL!!!

Every time someone posts an inappropriate LOL, God kills a kitten!!!

407569ap6oq6.jpg

#1) Yeah, I do care about how whenever you get caught over one of your insipid comments, you blame it on ConHog. Of course, you will probably add me to your list of targets. I bet I get featured in a thread I have nothing to do with.

#2) No matter how you cut it, you attempted to make a sick joke over the fact that an elderly bed-ridden woman got tazed without reason. And to prove your point, you added the LOL to it, making the sick joke factor even higher.

I wish I knew who put you up to trolling this board. Because that's all you've done since you first arrived.

1) You're the one who attacked me, so it's just a little hypocritical for you to complain about me "targetting you"

2) Nothing sick about it. You should see the things your lover has said, not that you care. It's obvious that you're targeting me

Oh noes!!

Deflection, deflection, deflection.

I ask you if you would post LOL's about it if it were your grandmother, you bring up ConHog. Deflection #1

! ask you again why you brought up the red lights in a post about tazering an 86 year old bedridden woman, and you bring up ConHog again. Deflection #2

I ask who is putting you up to trolling the board, and now all of a sudden in less than 1.5 hours of conversing with you, I am "targetting" you. Deflection #3

And it's all because I see what some of the other members have seen. Anyone who disagrees with you is allied with Con, and becomes one of his/her lovers. I think you have cornered the market on ego & paranoia.

#1) Yeah, I do care about how whenever you get caught over one of your insipid comments, you blame it on ConHog. Of course, you will probably add me to your list of targets. I bet I get featured in a thread I have nothing to do with.

#2) No matter how you cut it, you attempted to make a sick joke over the fact that an elderly bed-ridden woman got tazed without reason. And to prove your point, you added the LOL to it, making the sick joke factor even higher.

I wish I knew who put you up to trolling this board. Because that's all you've done since you first arrived.

1) You're the one who attacked me, so it's just a little hypocritical for you to complain about me "targetting you"

2) Nothing sick about it. You should see the things your lover has said, not that you care. It's obvious that you're targeting me

Oh noes!!

I ask you if you would post LOL's about it if it were your grandmother, you bring up ConHog. Deflection #1

! ask you again why you brought up the red lights in a post about tazering an 86 year old bedridden woman, and you bring up ConHog again. Deflection #2

I ask who is putting you up to trolling the board, and now all of a sudden in less than 1.5 hours of conversing with you, I am "targetting" you. Deflection #3

And it's all because I see what some of the other members have seen. Anyone who disagrees with you is allied with Con, and becomes one of his/her lovers. I think you have cornered the market on ego & paranoia.

1) My grandmother is dead. When she was alive, there were no tasers

2) You asked, I explained

3) You said I was going to target you. It looks like you're the one deflecting

4) Do you think I care if you don't like me? I consider your dislike a badge of honor

Oh noes!!

4) Do you think I care if you don't like me? I consider your dislike a badge of honor

Ok, so your LOL is because your grandmother is dead, and there were no tazers then. Would you still post LOL's if it were any of your female family members? Why was it funny to you to post about red lights over this particular grandmother being tazered?

How would you like it if someone you cared about was treated this way, and somebody decided that this, :rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl: was appropriate?

Ok, so your LOL is because your grandmother is dead, and there were no tazers then. Would you still post LOL's if it were any of your female family members? Why was it funny to you to post about red lights over this particular grandmother being tazered?

If it happened to a member of my family, I wouldn't be on the internet at all.

How would you like it if someone you cared about was treated this way, and somebody decided that this, :rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl: was appropriate?

Unlike you, I don't really care what other people think. I'm puzzled at why you think this is so important that you're writing post after post about it.

Doesn't it seem odd to anyone that the courthouse site claiming to host a copy of the complaint in this case has a document riddled with grammar and spelling errors? Or that no news outlet has a story about the incident?

How about the underlying story? Someone calls 911 to get a medical evaluation on a bedridden elderly woman, and a dozen cops (but no paramedic) show up and force their way into her home?

If it happened, its tragic bordering on heart wrenching. But in my mind, that's a big fat "if".

Unlike you, I don't really care what other people think. I'm puzzled at why you think this is so important that you're writing post after post about it.

And I'm puzzled as to why you have to drag your dispute with ConHog into every thread you post in.

Doesn't it seem odd to anyone that the courthouse site claiming to host a copy of the complaint in this case has a document riddled with grammar and spelling errors? Or that no news outlet has a story about the incident?

No, complaints are often riddled with grammar and spelling errors, and other news outlets have reported on this story. Try google

How about the underlying story? Someone calls 911 to get a medical evaluation on a bedridden elderly woman, and a dozen cops (but no paramedic) show up and force their way into her home?

If it happened, its tragic bordering on heart wrenching. But in my mind, that's a big fat "if".

I have to admit, it is hard to believe, but I know a lot of hard to believe stories that involve the police

And I'm puzzled as to why you have to drag your dispute with ConHog into every thread you post in.

I don't do that in "every thread". In fact, it's conjob that goes around posting about me in threads I haven't even posted in. He even kept posting about me after he put me on ignore.

The bottom line is every complaint you have for me, is something conjob has done over and over. Inappropriate comments, deflections, dragging me into threads I've not even posted in, etc are things conjob has done dozens of times, and you are silent about that. It's obvious that you are targetting me while ignoring it when others do it.

Last edited:
The story as presented in the O/P reads like the defense afidavit filed by a third rate ambulance chaser, so I did a search and there are quite a few more substantive reports of the incident. Here's a link to one which seems to be more accurately and competently reported: Grandmother, 86, Sues El Reno Police - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City

Because there are so many reported (and verified) examples of excessive force used by police it's difficult to not believe the worst, but there are times when the circumstances of an incident are unnecessarily exaggerated. I'm recalling one incident that occurred in Harlem, NYC, back in the 70s, in which a cop shot a 78 year-old woman point blank in the forehead.

The truth was the woman, who was being evicted, had mixed some lye and water in a pot and had it cooking on the stove when the cops followed the City Sheriff into the apartment to enforce the eviction notice. The woman picked up the pot and was about to throw it at them when one of the cops shot her in self-defense. There nearly was a riot in the street before the facts were revealed, because a neighbor started a rumor that the cop had shot the woman in cold blood because she cursed at him.

CN) - Police Tasered an 86-year-old disabled grandma in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she couldn't breathe, after her grandson called 911 seeking medical assistance, the woman and her grandson claim in Oklahoma City Federal Court. Though the grandson said, "Don't Taze my granny!" an El Reno police officer told another cop to "Taser her!" and wrote in his police report that he did so because the old woman "took a more aggressive posture in her bed," according to the complaint.

Lonnie Tinsley claims that he called 911 after he went to check on his grandmother, whom he found in her bed, "connected to a portable oxygen concentrator with a long hose." She is "in marginal health, [and] takes several prescribed medications daily," and "was unable to tell him exactly when she had taken her meds," so, Tinsley says, he called 911 "to ask for an emergency medical technician to come to her apartment to evaluate her."
In response, "as many as ten El Reno police" officers "pushed their way through the door," according to the complaint.
The grandma, Lona Varner, "told them to get out of her apartment."
The remarkable complaint continues: "Instead, the apparent leader of the police [defendant Thomas Duran] instructed another policeman to 'Taser her!' He stated in his report that the 86 year-old plaintiff 'took a more aggressive posture in her bed,' and that he was fearful for his safety and the safety of others.

"Lonnie Tinsley told them, 'Don't taze my Granny!' to which they responded that they would Taser him; instead, they pulled him out of her apartment, took him down to the floor, handcuffed him and placed him in the back of a police car.

"The police then proceeded to approach Ms. Varner in her bed and stepped on her oxygen hose until she began to suffer oxygen deprivation.
"The police then fired a Taser at her and only one wire struck her, in the left arm; the police then fired a second Taser, striking her to the right and left of the midline of her upper chest and applied high voltage, causing burns to her chest, extreme pain and to pass out.

Courthouse News Service

Good Gods! Where did they think they were? Texas!!!???

No, complaints are often riddled with grammar and spelling errors, and other news outlets have reported on this story. Try google

I have to admit, it is hard to believe, but I know a lot of hard to believe stories that involve the police

I did try google. Nothing on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CBS, etc. Nothing in the local paper. And BTW, no, complaints are not usually riddled with spelling and grammar errors, particularly not federal ones.

Like I say, my bullshit detector is going off. But if this happened, it is truly horrible and it is damned near impossible to imagine why.

I did try google. Nothing on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, CBS, etc. Nothing in the local paper. And BTW, no, complaints are not usually riddled with spelling and grammar errors, particularly not federal ones.

Like I say, my bullshit detector is going off. But if this happened, it is truly horrible and it is damned near impossible to imagine why.

If you google the "case number" you get this

Google

I think this is bogus

There's a paid site I don't belong to and am not familiar with that also lists the case; the parties seem to be legitimate but as to the facts, I am suspending judgment. I have heard of mistakes by police swat squads getting the wrong address....but wouldn't it be one helluva coincidence if the people at the mistaken address also called 911 for an ambulance?

There's a paid site I don't belong to and am not familiar with that also lists the case; the parties seem to be legitimate but as to the facts, I am suspending judgment. I have heard of mistakes by police swat squads getting the wrong address....but wouldn't it be one helluva coincidence if the people at the mistaken address also called 911 for an ambulance?

In 10 years my unit had 2 incorrect addresses, once we simply went to the wrong address, once two numbers were transposed on the warrant. Now these were no knock warrants so we did go in and round everyone up before realizing our error, but in neither case did an old lady get tased.

I simply don't believe this story the more I look at it.

1) I did not say that complaints are "usually" filled with errors; I said they are often filled with errors. I worked for one of the largest law firms in the nation. I've seen many complaints. Lawyers aren't as smart as you may think they are

2) I didn't say any major news outlet has reported on this because major news outlets don't often report this kind of story. It's usually local papers that do these stories. If it happened in NYC, it would be in the NY Times and other NYC papers, so it would be picked up. But when it happens elsewhere, the majors don't see it

Forum List

Back