REAL or FAKE?

How's your State?

http://www.bankruptingamerica.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Official-State-Fact-Sheet-8-13.pdf

OHIO

Ohio’s share of the $862-billion “stimulus” bill received: $2,486,051,071
(=2.9% of the $85.6 billion that has been received by states).

Ohio’s share of the population = 3.8%

Ohio’s unemployment rate was 9.1% when the “stimulus” was enacted in February
2009; today it is 10.5%.

Ohio’s 10.5% unemployment rate is higher than the national average of 9.5%.
Ohio lost 131,500 jobs between February 2009 when the “stimulus” was enacted
and June 2010.

For FY2011, Ohio is on track to overspend by $3 billion. (Last updated: 7/15/2010)
Ohio’s number of foreclosed homes was 11,321 when the “stimulus” was enacted;
today that number has fallen to 10,639.

Questionable “stimulus” spending:
$34 million will be going to Ohio’s John Weld Peck Federal Building in Cincinnati, which is
only 46 years old, for a “window makeover.”

While I do NOT doubt for a moment that the government wastes money, I am highly dubious when a "study" is characterized by people seeking to show us waste.

They often characterize the study in the worst possible way.

So before I'd believe these charactrizations, I'd really have to see the studies.

Hey, what can I say except that a half truth is a lie, too, ya know?

While I do NOT doubt for a moment that the government wastes money, I am highly dubious when a "study" is characterized by people seeking to show us waste.

So before I'd believe these charactrizations, I'd really have to see the studies.

Here ya go
CNSNews.com - U.S. Will Pay $2.6 Million to Train Chinese Prostitutes to Drink Responsibly on the Job

Ready to vote Republican this Fall? Do ya miss him yet??

Are you serious when you say that you need to "see the studies" before you can comment on the need to train Chinese prostitutes to drink responsibly?

Coburn Highlights Stimulus Waste - The Corner - National Review Online

Senator Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), one of the few in Congress who remain extremely vigilant about wasteful spending, released a report this morning on the Stimulus package — 100 Stimulus Projects: A Second Opinion. The report highlights a hundred examples of waste in the stimulus package. According to the press release, here are the top ten (we’ve already written about a few of these on the Corner):

1. $1.5 million in “free” stimulus money for a new wastewater treatment plant results in higher utility costs for residents of Perkins, Oklahoma.

2. $1 billion for FutureGen in Mattoon, Illinois is the “biggest earmark of all time” for a power plant that may never work.

3. $15 million for “shovel-ready” repairs to little-used bridges in rural Wisconsin are given priority over widely used bridges that are structurally deficient.

4. $800,000 for little-used John Murtha Airport in Johnstown, Pennsylvania airport to repave a back-up runway; the ‘Airport for Nobody’ Has Already Received Tens of Millions in Taxpayer dollars.

5. $3.4 million for a wildlife “eco-passage” in Florida to take animals safely under a busy roadway.

6. Nevada non-profit gets $2 million weatherization contract after recently being fired for same type of work.

7. $1.15 million for installation of a new guard rail for the non-existent Optima Lake in Oklahoma.

8. Nearly $10 million to renovate an abandoned train station that hasn’t been used in 30 years.

9. 10,000 dead people get stimulus checks, but the Social Security Administration blames a tough deadline.

10. Town of Union, New York, encouraged to spend a $578,000 grant it did not request for a homelessness problem it claims it does not have.

Whole report:

http://coburn.senate.gov/public//in...&File_id=a7e82141-1a9e-4eec-b160-6a8e62427efb

New Topics

Forum List

Back