Real Life Horror Story

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by JimBowie1958, Jan 17, 2013.

1. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,476
    Read the links and think about it all and you should see the horror.

Communicating With a Patient in a Vegetative State - NYTimes.com

Maryland Bill Allows Organ Harvesting from Persons in Persistent Vegetative State | Women of Grace

Does it matter that organ donors are not dead? Ethical and policy implications -- Potts and Evans 31 (7): 406 -- Journal of Medical Ethics

Oh, and since the patient is declared dead after a short period of no brain activity (despite the fact that they might gone into a vegetative state without the doctors realizing it, THEY DO NOT GIVE ANESTHETICS TO THE PERSON BEING HARVESTED.

Sweet dreams everyone.

2. Votto

Votto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,872
    It depends on if Dick Cheney needs that heart transplant. :badgrin:

In fact, now that he has an actual heart, can Dick be declared human? Also, can he now run in 2016? Since he preached that deficits don't matter, I think he would be the ideal Repuklican for the position.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  3. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +592
    Old news.

That bill was introduced during the 2012 legislative session and withdrawn after receiving an unfavorable report from the Health and Government Operations Committee.

4. JimBowie1958

JimBowie1958 Old Fogey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,476
    Not talking about just the bill, but the possibility of a person who has donated their organs to be 'harvested' while still alive, feeling every bit of it, but being unable to communicate their anguish to anyone.

Some hopsitals only give about twenty seconds for the brain signals to return before declaring you dead, and that leaves plenty of time for a person to revive undetected and have the pleasure of donating their organs alive.

Organs taken from patients that doctors were pressured to declare brain dead, suit charges - NYPOST.com

A Struggle To Define 'Death' For Organ Donors : Shots - Health News : NPR

In effect, with the over a million buckaroos the hospitals make from selling donor organs, they have a financial incentive to declare you dead, not try to revive you and then 'harvest' you while you still might be alive.

5. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    I knew this a long time ago. It's one of the reasons I'm not a donor. Did you know that in New York when you call for an ambulance you don't know whether it's an ambulance that will treat you or an ambulance designed to start the organ harvesting process? The program might go nationwide if its successful.

6. Freemason9

Freemason9 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +458
    It would be helpful if people came to the acceptance that EVERYONE DIES. You begin dying when you are born. Get over it.

Rather than keeping some poor, suffering soul alive for another 20 weeks in a hospital bed, unable to communicate or live a life of quality, let the poor soul go. Let them die. It's a natural process that you're messing with there.

7. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,534
    And your evidence of this is where?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,604
    The voices in his head.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Especially if their bodies have organs worth stealing.

10. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    About 2 years ago my 69 year old Mother was in a Coma after a bout with Pneumonia and the Doctors wanted to pull the plug. Her lung capacity was reduced to about 10% and her kidneys stated to fail. The Doctors said it didn't look good and one Doctor in particular, whom I'll forever refer to as "The Angel of Death" said "I've had 3 just like her this week and they all passed on. We'd like you to sign these forms for Organ Donation if you want to".

My Sister said it was my decision (thanks Sis!) so after talking with my Dad about it I decided to just let Nature take it's course. Two days later her kidneys started to function again and she woke up tree days after that.

They said: "When we take the respirator out her Lungs may collapse so be prepared for that". Well they didn't and she's just fine now. She's overweight from the crappy Nursing Home food but she's still here.

Don't ever just go by the advice of Doctors. Pray and listen to your inner voice instead.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1