Real ID about to take a hit

DamnYankee

No Neg Policy
Apr 2, 2009
This is what happens when unfunded mandates are handed down.

Administration Plans to Scale Back Real ID Law
Yielding to a rebellion by states that refused to pay for it, the Obama administration is moving to scale back a federal law passed after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks that was designed to tighten security requirements for driver's licenses, Homeland Security Department and congressional officials...
(By Spencer S. Hsu, The Washington Post)

washingtonpost.com

It's almost as if these loons want us to be attacked again innit?

You just go against anything they do without considering it, huh?

The reality is, it won't stop anything. Safety is never 100% protection ... and ID's are just too damned easy to forge no matter what system. I will not however pay to give the government more control or responsibility for my life, if you like having the government in complete control of everything, sign up, otherwise leave the rest of us alone.

The reality is, it won't stop anything. Safety is never 100% protection ... and ID's are just too damned easy to forge no matter what system. I will not however pay to give the government more control or responsibility for my life, if you like having the government in complete control of everything, sign up, otherwise leave the rest of us alone.

I repeat,, it's almost as if they want us to be attacked again innit.. and don't hand me the same sad story that because "some mistakes may be made" it's not worth trying to ID people.that's bullshit. we have a right to know who is in this country and why,, if that's too much for you to handle then move on out. . no nothing is 100% to to sit around and do "nothing" cause it isn't 100% is bullshit too.. so again,, it's almost as if you wish it to happen again...

Last edited:

I repeat,, it's almost as if they want us to be attacked again innit.. and don't hand me the same sad story that because "some mistakes may be made" it's not worth try to ID people.. that's bullshit. no nothing is 100% to to sit around and do "nothing" cause it isn't 100% is bullshit too.. so again,, it's almost as if you wish it to happen again...

Really ... you are just in the "blame other people" crowd ... I like that new phrase, going to use it a lot for a while. It's not what people "want" done that's the problem, it's that people don't look at what "can" be done without sacrificing the things that make this country great, freedoms and liberties for one, financial stability for another. Even putting aside the few freedoms you may sacrifice, price is a huge issue, would you be willing to pay an extra 5% in taxes just to change a 1% chance of something happening to a .99% chance?

I repeat,, it's almost as if they want us to be attacked again innit.. and don't hand me the same sad story that because "some mistakes may be made" it's not worth try to ID people.. that's bullshit. no nothing is 100% to to sit around and do "nothing" cause it isn't 100% is bullshit too.. so again,, it's almost as if you wish it to happen again...

Really ... you are just in the "blame other people" crowd ... I like that new phrase, going to use it a lot for a while. It's not what people "want" done that's the problem, it's that people don't look at what "can" be done without sacrificing the things that make this country great, freedoms and liberties for one, financial stability for another. Even putting aside the few freedoms you may sacrifice, price is a huge issue, would you be willing to pay an extra 5% in taxes just to change a 1% chance of something happening to a .99% chance?

bullshit.. I'm into not scaling back the ID.. for national security.. and yep,, why not blame the ones who want to scale it back?? it's their watch innit? they are the ones I will blame if we are attacked again,, who would you blame? you have to have an ID to board an airplane, to get married, to get unmarried, to cash a check,, to get a drivers license,, you are an idiot, there is no society on this earth that does not require an ID.. unless you live out in the bush in deepest darkest Africa,, you may escape it there.

slow down willow, This Id act which has started in my state is so they can scan you going through the border.

Do you think they would hesitate to scan you at a tea party to see which of you is in attendance?

bullshit.. I'm into not scaling back the ID.. for national security.. and yep,, why not blame the ones who want to scale it back?? it's their watch innit? they are the ones I will blame if we are attacked again,, who would you blame? you have to have an ID to board an airplane, to get married, to get unmarried, to cash a check,, to get a drivers license,, you are an idiot, there is no society on this earth that does not require an ID.. unless you live out in the bush in deepest darkest Africa,, you may escape it there.

*eye roll* Just ... rethink what you are saying.

Yielding to a rebellion by states that refused to pay for it, the Obama administration is moving to scale back a federal law passed after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks that was designed to tighten security requirements for driver's licenses, Homeland Security Department and congressional officials...

washingtonpost.com
Good.

Now, it's time to scale back the idiotic passport requirements in order to visit Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.

I've completely had my fill of Operation Bedwetter.

slow down willow, This Id act which has started in my state is so they can scan you going through the border.

Do you think they would hesitate to scan you at a tea party to see which of you is in attendance?

they can scan me til the cows come home,, I have nothing to hide. I'm here legally..

washingtonpost.com
Good.

Now, it's time to scale back the idiotic passport requirements in order to visit Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.

I've completely had my fill of Operation Bedwetter.

Aaaw ... but it's stopped illegal immigration so well.

then you approve of big brother watching your every move for a little security?

You are aware of the adage that goes with this. YES?

a national ID is not big brother watching every move.. is it?

Not yet, But perhaps you could point out a government program that has not been abused by government for government.

More spoon fed reactionary crapola from the right. Remember the States? The 50 places that the right loves to blather on about their "rights"? Those states are the ones balking at this, not President Obama. They are refusing to conform to a federal mandate because they can't afford it.

You idiots should be celbrating a victory for state's rights.

a national ID is not big brother watching every move.. is it?

Not yet, But perhaps you could point out a government program that has not been abused by government for government.

surely you don't advocate doing nothing? let everybody vote, let everybody in, let them bring what they want when they want and attack when they want? you advocate giving your country away?? I don't know about you but they check the soles of my feet and inbetween my toes just to get on an airplane..

surely you don't advocate doing nothing? let everybody vote, let everybody in, let them bring what they want when they want and attack when they want? you advocate giving your country away?? I don't know about you but they check the soles of my feet and inbetween my toes just to get on an airplane..
Red herring.

Turning the nation into a Big Brother police surveillance state isn't the only alternative to doing nothing.

I guess you've forgotten that FBI operatives had a line on Zacarias Moussaoui well in advance of 9/11™, yet ignored him until it was too late.

If anyone is in favor of "doing nothing" its politicians and bureaucrats who benefit from increased power over people who've done nothing wrong, when easily foreseeable and preventable disasters happen.

Red herring.

Turning the nation into a Big Brother police surveillance state isn't the only alternative to doing nothing.

I guess you've forgotten that FBI operatives had a line on Zacarias Moussaoui well in advance of 9/11™, yet ignored him until it was too late.

If anyone is in favor of "doing nothing" its politicians and bureaucrats who benefit from increased power over people who've done nothing wrong, when easily foreseeable and preventable disasters happen.

I don't think it's a red herring at all.. Every single effort to prevent another 9-11 is protested by somebody, rejected by somebody blocked by somebody,, so we are back to "it's almost as if these loons want another attack" innit? seems to me to be that way,,

Forum List

Back