Real GDP Collapse: 1.7% For Year...

GDP is trending downward? The last quarter was the best in over a year. The rate of growth has increased four quarters in a row.

The Republicans are desperate. They will soil any good economic news, so that their MultiMillionaire White Mormon has a chance in November. Unfortunately for them, if Newt has his way, Mitt will be painted as a lying tax cheat right up to the election.

GO NEWT!

Stop it, just stop. You sound like a real ignoramus.

look, we are past recrimination time, you can bet that Q4 2.8% will be adjusted downward, it was a pretty lame year, 1.7%, it is what it is.

Europe will be heading further south as well, Fitch just downgraded, well everyone but upper volta:rolleyes:.....its not going to get any better for now and by that I mean this new year, we need north of 2.8% to grow, and, well, I don't think anyone is near forecasting that.

We need "north of 2.8% to grow"? Whatever does that mean? We need "north of" 0% in order to grow.

it means making headway as in picking up ground, over and above slithering along the baseline where we sit now....

Your GOP leaders are unable to stop the recovery. Doesn't it just suck for you guys to feel like you must search every news item for the negatives?

Talk about lowering the bar for Boy King.... 1% growth is now recovery? Shit, inflation is at 10%.

:lol:

Our economy sputters along for yet another year. The Obam-bots are in full damage control mode, they will attempt to deflect any culpability for the direction of our natoin from their Dear Leader.

Carry on, dipshits.

We need "north of 2.8% to grow"? Whatever does that mean? We need "north of" 0% in order to grow.

If you want to see unemployment drop, we need north of 2.8%. Even at a steady 4%, it would take years to get unemployment back to pre-crash levels.

Your GOP leaders are unable to stop the recovery. Doesn't it just suck for you guys to feel like you must search every news item for the negatives?

Talk about lowering the bar for Boy King.... 1% growth is now recovery? Shit, inflation is at 10%.

Their Dear Leader told them we're in a 'Recovery', therefore it must be so. We're not dealing with brainiacs here. :cuckoo:

our economy sputters along for yet another year. The obam-bots are in full damage control mode, they will attempt to deflect any culpability for the direction of our natoin from their dear leader.

Carry on, dipshits.

You Racist!!

GDP is trending downward? The last quarter was the best in over a year. The rate of growth has increased four quarters in a row.

The Republicans are desperate. They will soil any good economic news, so that their MultiMillionaire White Mormon has a chance in November. Unfortunately for them, if Newt has his way, Mitt will be painted as a lying tax cheat right up to the election.

GO NEWT!

You support Ron Paul and you call ME the ignoramus? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

GO NEWT!

You support Ron Paul and you call ME the ignoramus? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, i do. Because it's true.

It makes my brain hurt as if the stupid is contagious from hanging around here.....I'm gonna have to take a long break.

Their Dear Leader told them we're in a 'Recovery', therefore it must be so. We're not dealing with brainiacs here. :cuckoo:

ramirez-bernies.jpg

look, we are past recrimination time, you can bet that Q4 2.8% will be adjusted downward, it was a pretty lame year, 1.7%, it is what it is.

Europe will be heading further south as well, Fitch just downgraded, well everyone but upper volta:rolleyes:.....its not going to get any better for now and by that I mean this new year, we need north of 2.8% to grow, and, well, I don't think anyone is near forecasting that.

it means making headway as in picking up ground, over and above slithering along the baseline where we sit now....

2.8% growth is higher than the historical average, higher than the eight years prior to Obama and higher than most decades in US history. It's not slithering.

If you want to see unemployment drop, we need north of 2.8%. Even at a steady 4%, it would take years to get unemployment back to pre-crash levels.

The unemployment rate fell almost 1.5 points and the economy added 1.1M jobs in a year that averaged 1.7% growth.

The decelerating growth was due primarily to cutbacks in government spending.

The increase in real GDP in 2011 primarily reflected positive contributions from personal consumption expenditures (PCE), exports, and nonresidential fixed investment that were partly offset by negative contributions from state and local government spending, private inventory investment, and federal government spending. Imports, which are a subtraction in the calculation of GDP, increased.

News Release: Gross Domestic Product

Conservatives want that, right?

Nah, your 'Recovery' doesn't even exist. Wall Street seems to be turning more profits now, but that doesn't mean anything for most average Citizens. Good for them i guess, but it just doesn't mean anything to most others.

GDP has been growing since 2009.
The stock market has doubled since 2009.
3.2 million private sector jobs created since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.

Auto sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

GM was saved, and is now the number one automaker in the world.

Bin Laden and Gaddafi are dead, and we are out of Iraq.

Obama has done a very good job.

2.8% growth is higher than the historical average, higher than the eight years prior to Obama and higher than most decades in US history. It's not slithering.

you know, you do this with the montly employment numbers too, who gives a poo poo what a 'normal' rate spread out of 10 years is? hell, the rate from 1946-74 was 3.8%..... and?????

we are not IN normal, stop with the smoke screens.

we are coming out of a recession? in a 'recovery' phase?

q4 last year started out at 3.2 then wound up at 2.3%. We need to get above 4.0 for a sustained period to start making a real dent. and 2.8% was for the quarter, hello. its 1.7% for the year. that blows chunks.

The decelerating growth was due primarily to cutbacks in government spending.

The increase in real GDP in 2011 primarily reflected positive contributions from personal consumption expenditures (PCE), exports, and nonresidential fixed investment that were partly offset by negative contributions from state and local government spending, private inventory investment, and federal government spending. Imports, which are a subtraction in the calculation of GDP, increased.

News Release: Gross Domestic Product

Conservatives want that, right?

good question, yes after 3 years we have to stop paying state jobs with federal dollars. we've said this all along, the reckoning has to come some time.if its that time , fine lets get it over with, I said straight away, no recriminations, its life.

The 1.7% for the year just proves the point. Mr Kenyes employed properly or not (since thats the mantra they use), is dead, dead, dead. Why is the 2011 lower this year than 2010? the stimulus ran out is one reason ( which I would argue is hooey since we ran a huge deficit anyway and still are) that will be offered, well, then I guess at what was 2010, 3.1? It didn't work very well. Lets move on.

The job creation rate in the eight years prior to Obama was pathetic. Check the number of jobs created during 8 years of Bush (3 million), compared to the number of jobs created during 8 years of Clinton (23 million).

We need a shitload more than 3 million jobs and we need them in less than 8 years.

As I said, we are going to need north of 2.8% to get out of the hole we are in.

Unless you want to see it take more than a decade to get back to pre-crash levels.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back