Real evidnce against AGW

Most of the sources those with a political agenda use, including Al Gore's book, end in the early 2000's when we were still in a major warming cycle. There is VERY LITTLE new work done yet including the last two years.

Another great ploy Gore's cited "statistics" used was to cherry pick reporting sites that prior the 1970's were largely in rural areas, like Houston's Intercontinental Airport (now known as Bush Intercontinental....), that during the reporting period became highly urbanized, gradually migrating inside the Urban Heat Island. They of course, ignore many permanently rural recording sites.

Right....

You do know that over 50% of the North Pole melted in the last 50 years, don't you?

Right....

You do know that over 50% of the North Pole melted in the last 50 years, don't you?

Not because of warming, but because of soot deposits, much from increased Alaskan volcanic activity, but a good bit from pollution from China and the old Soviet Union. Soot darkens the pack and absorbs more heat, melting ice faster as it breaks down the reflectiveness of the ice. Has nothing much to do with temperature.

Not because of warming, but because of soot deposits, much from increased Alaskan volcanic activity, but a good bit from pollution from China and the old Soviet Union. Soot darkens the pack and absorbs more heat, melting ice faster as it breaks down the reflectiveness of the ice. Has nothing much to do with temperature.

Right...

Fig1_2007annual.gif

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/2007/

Last edited:
what is it exacltey you believe you have contradicted with those pretty pictures?

Temperatures have increased all over the world, especially in the Arctic. You claimed temperatures had nothing to do with melting the pole.

Temperatures have increased all over the world, especially in the Arctic. You claimed temperatures had nothing to do with melting the pole.

Actally it wasn't me that mad the claim. This is not a tough concept Kirk. From a scientific stand point it is just plain stupid to believe that two things happening at the same time, whether it be CO2 increase and temp increse or polar ice caps melting and temp rising, that that automatically equals causility or a direct link. The world's climate is a bit more complex than that.

Actally it wasn't me that mad the claim. This is not a tough concept Kirk. From a scientific stand point it is just plain stupid to believe that two things happening at the same time, whether it be CO2 increase and temp increse or polar ice caps melting and temp rising, that that automatically equals causility or a direct link. The world's climate is a bit more complex than that.

The world's climate is complex, but the scientists at NASA know how to bring in the variables like the solar cycle and the Southern Oscillation. What is remarkable about CO2 is that the rise is unpresidented in our time and relentless. Every day the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere rises, and the rate of increase is accelerating because of industrialization. Soon we will have doubled the level of CO2 in the atmosphere.

No one questions that CO2 warms the earth.

The only question is, "By how much?"

Now adjust your y-axis scale on your temp chart in 10 degree increments instead of .10. It would be FLAT.

Classic Gorean ploy. Adjust the scale to make you point. We are now entering a COOLING period and that is absolutely without any scientific doubt. And man has nothing to do with that either.

The Sun controls our climate. Nothing else much matters. Including man. We are not even insects to this planet.

They haven't. .7 in 100 years is NOT anything meaningful. You people that whine about this are kooks.

What are your ilk going to do when in about 4,000,000,000 years when the sun begins to bloat into a red giant?

The world's climate is complex, but the scientists at NASA know how to bring in the variables like the solar cycle and the Southern Oscillation. What is remarkable about CO2 is that the rise is unpresidented in our time and relentless. Every day the amount of CO2 in our atmosphere rises, and the rate of increase is accelerating because of industrialization. Soon we will have doubled the level of CO2 in the atmosphere.

No one questions that CO2 warms the earth.

The only question is, "By how much?"

Sure they do. There is absolutely no consensus as to the role CO2 has on climate, because it is a TRACE gas. 10 times what currently exists and it would STILL be a TRACE gas.

Try something else.

And when you do, understand FULLY, that we, as a species, WILL NOT go back to living in caves, or in any way curtail our effort to to improve our lifestyles, no matter what it takes.

I welcome warming, if it were true. More land comes under farming and we already have massive food shortages. And I don't like shoveling snow and I don't want to move, so warming is a GOOD thing. Too bad it isn't true.

And I choose to worry about things that actually....matter...

Now adjust your y-axis scale on your temp chart in 10 degree increments instead of .10. It would be FLAT.

Classic Gorean ploy. Adjust the scale to make you point. We are now entering a COOLING period and that is absolutely without any scientific doubt. And man has nothing to do with that either.

The Sun controls our climate. Nothing else much matters. Including man. We are not even insects to this planet.

Man doesn't matter?

How did that hole in the ozone come about?

Sure they do. There is absolutely no consensus as to the role CO2 has on climate, because it is a TRACE gas. 10 times what currently exists and it would STILL be a TRACE gas.

Try something else.

And when you do, understand FULLY, that we, as a species, WILL NOT go back to living in caves, or in any way curtail our effort to to improve our lifestyles, no matter what it takes.

I welcome warming, if it were true. More land comes under farming and we already have massive food shortages. And I don't like shoveling snow and I don't want to move, so warming is a GOOD thing. Too bad it isn't true.

And I choose to worry about things that actually....matter...

No consensus on the role of CO2? I hate to see you lie. It hurts your soul.

BEYOND THE IVORY TOWER: The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change -- Oreskes 306 (5702): 1686 -- Science

Forum List

Back