Real Estate Question

The rent would go to the bank now...NOT the old land lord. As it stands now the land lord does not own the property... the bank does.

Sending a check to the old land lord is just money in his pocket. It would suck to have to pay rent twice.

If the rent is supposed to go to the bank now, I imagine the bank would have made that known to the tenants.

My guess is that the property is still the property of the original landlord for now, and until it isn't, the rent goes to that landlord, until you hear differently. The bank isn't going to come up in 2 weeks and say "whoops, you were supposed to pay us and we didn't tell you, so now you have to pay us even if you already paid the old owner".

I think horty is jumping the gun.

Good question.

horty.... has the property been foreclosed on...or in the process of foreclosure ?
Apparently, from public records, it all started back in 2007
:evil:

Damn I am glad I dont deal with rent anymore....Haven't for years now.

Good luck, but 3 days? That does not sound right.
We haven't dealt with it for long.
With my current job I wanted to be free to transfer at a moments' notice.
Last time I transferred we tried selling old place and leasing new place. Damned place never sold and we had to move back.
That company went through "restructuring" and I got squeezed out by it.
Spent 6 months out of work and got foreclosed on.
We were doing a lease-option on another place.
We moved here and let our daughter take it over.

TMI????
:redface:

I've never heard of 3-day eviction until you've already used up all the 30-day eviction notices.

It usually goes something like this..you get a 30-day eviction notice...30 days come and go, landlord takes you to court...court date comes and they get a writ of whatever (more time) then once they have that order, they can issue the three day.

Why would you not pay your rent?????
My rent has always been on time.
Just thinking we would need the money to put on the next place if the bottom falls out of this.

Here in FL, the 30 day is if you've paid the last month's rent. We just paid 1st and security deposit

If your rent is up to date, you are entitled to a 30-day notice. 3-day notices only apply when the rent is in arrears.

Want to stall? Don't make a rental payment. Then declare bankruptcy. That will stall the hell out of things for at least four months. Never mind what it will do to your credit and to your self esteem. You said you wanted to know the best way to stall. That's it.

I've never heard of 3-day eviction until you've already used up all the 30-day eviction notices.

It usually goes something like this..you get a 30-day eviction notice...30 days come and go, landlord takes you to court...court date comes and they get a writ of whatever (more time) then once they have that order, they can issue the three day.

Why would you not pay your rent?????
My rent has always been on time.
Just thinking we would need the money to put on the next place if the bottom falls out of this.

Here in FL, the 30 day is if you've paid the last month's rent. We just paid 1st and security deposit

If your rent is up to date, you are entitled to a 30-day notice. 3-day notices only apply when the rent is in arrears.

Want to stall? Don't make a rental payment. Then declare bankruptcy. That will stall the hell out of things for at least four months. Never mind what it will do to your credit and to your self esteem. You said you wanted to know the best way to stall. That's it.
Thanks, George.
Not overly worried about my credit rating given the recent foreclosure.
Self-esteem??? I post here, don't I?!
:lol:

in todays RE market, maybe not. they will want to rent it out while they look for a short buyer if they even list it, if thats their route....*shrugs*

The rent would go to the bank now...NOT the old land lord. As it stands now the land lord does not own the property... the bank does.

Sending a check to the old land lord is just money in his pocket. It would suck to have to pay rent twice.

yes of course, thats why I also advised him to go to the hall of records.

Why not the hall of the mountain king? :D

Hey- think of all the foreclosed UNINHABITED properties the bank currently holds. I bet they're tickled to have a tennant in this'n.

yes of course, thats why I also advised him to go to the hall of records.

Why not the hall of the mountain king? :D

Hey- think of all the foreclosed UNINHABITED properties the bank currently holds. I bet they're tickled to have a tennant in this'n.
That's why it'll be so easy to find something else without all the baggage.
So many Short Sales around here to choose from.

Being so long since we've rented, the chance of a rental being in foreclosure never crossed our minds.
Given our recent housing crisis, it should have, we know better of what to ask and check into in the future.

Forum List

Back