Real Clear Politics has it tied

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by blackhawk, Oct 21, 2012.

1. blackhawk

blackhawk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,083
  2. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,972
    tie favors the challenger....but we'll see, I think Romney is in good good shape.....maybe Obama can not have 8 states report employment numbers the next time

3. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    well, romney spiked after the first debate... he was ahead for a bit. now the bounce seems to be over...

i'd think tie goes to the incumbent... particularly with the electoral college fire wall..

but nothing's a given... at all.

4. blackhawk

blackhawk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,083
    I'm not so sure about that firewall Rcp now has Romney with a slight lead there North Carolina is now leaning Romney Florida seems to be trending that way and Romney has closed the gap to 2.1 in Ohio.

5. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Which might be entertaining conversation at the water-cooler…

However, the presidency is determined by the EC, not popular vote.

Per RCP, of the 10 toss-up states, the president leads in six, including Ohio and Iowa/Nevada, all he needs to win re-election.

FiveThirtyEight currently forecasts the president to win with 288.6 EC votes.

With just over two weeks before the GE, there’s no indication these numbers will significantly change to Romney’s favor, and in fact most polls have been trending toward Obama.

Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

The president need only repeat his performance from the last debate, and a perceived win would keep the numbers moving in Obama’s direction.

Romney is in a more desperate situation, unable to launch another ‘surprise attack.’

6. Dr.House

Dr.House Lives on in syndication!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,488
    Libs have given up on RCP when it moved away from the empty chair...

Now they love Nate Silver and 538....

I suppose until he shifts his calls... Then I guess random blogs become their "go to"....

7. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,063
    The American people are less interested in Foreign Policy than they are in domestic and economic policy.

That's a bit of a shame, but even if the viewership is probably going to go down because of that tendency, there are still going to be viewers. Maybe many of the "undecided" voters will tune in.

This is a good topic for Mitt. The ONE is going to be HARD pressed on his clusterfuck foreign policy. He is going to get repeatedly hammered and will not be permitted to slide off the hook with any "assists" from any moderators. Nor will he be permitted to just lie as he has been doing. His WORDS are going to haunt him.

But more importantly, his actions, his INactions and his meandering rudderless overall foreign "policy" will be exposed as the incoherent crap it is.

The impact on the race will probably not be huge, but it will likely favor Mitt.

Nobody can honestly count any chickens before they hatch, of course, but I'm still very comfortable that the President is going to end up a ONE Term proposition.

8. blackhawk

blackhawk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,083
    Ohio, Iowa, and Nevada are all within the margin of error out of the toss ups Obama leads in only two are outside the margin of error Michigan and Pennsylvania Romney's situation is not as desperate as you would like to make it out to be.