Real Bad News for the "real science".

The US is falling behind the rest of the world when it comes to science. I'm sure that the rightwing inability to realize the importance of science in regards to the future strength of the US sure doesn't help.
Now if science was totally dedicated to developing the greatest assortment of weapons, then the far right would be funding them like crazy.

GOP halts science funding again

GOP halts science funding again - Washington Times

Danger: America Is Losing Its Edge In Innovation

Danger: America Is Losing Its Edge In Innovation - CIO Central - CIO Network - Forbes

Is the far right's disregard for science and their acts limiting of funding science killing America's future? It appears so.

No wonder you don't understand AGW, if you want to argue this point. The sun DOES NOT rise as everyone knows, so it's obvious your position on the board isn't to provide facts, but to obscure them.

:lol: You don't know shit about relativity, do you?

Relative to a person standing on the surface of the earth, the sun does indeed rise.

And believe me, I understand AGW. It's a political and economic belief with political and economic goals. The science is just a beard, and a poorly-constructed one at that.

We're not talking relativity, we're talking HARD science. If you're going to hang onto this "sun rises in the east" BS, no wonder you can't seem to understand the logic of AGW.

So wait, let me get this straight. You post an article stating that 2010 is THE hottest year on record AND that 9 of the last 10 years were also the hottest years and somehow you think this is proving that Global warming isn't a problem? Do I have that right? What am I missing here?

Shouldn't you be advocating then that we aren't doing enough to combat this problem?

That would be logical, but the deniers aren't big on logic. They prefer to say, "the earth has warmed and cooled before", while not comprehending that logically, just because something had one cause in the past, doesn't mean it couldn't have a different cause today.

So wait, let me get this straight. You post an article stating that 2010 is THE hottest year on record AND that 9 of the last 10 years were also the hottest years and somehow you think this is proving that Global warming isn't a problem? Do I have that right? What am I missing here?

Shouldn't you be advocating then that we aren't doing enough to combat this problem?

I asked the same question. No answer. They probably read the title and no farther.

indeed..........and we're laughing twice as hard s0n!!!!:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

Oh....and ps......only the k00k left care what "the entire world
thinks about anything.:boobies::funnyface::boobies::funnyface::boobies::funnyface:

6%.

6 percent of a VERY small subset of Scientists. Care to prove ALL scientists are democrats? By the way where is your poll? I wanna see how many of that SMALL subset were democrats?

I've posted this before. But I'm curious. Considering the number of right wingers on this board who call science a "belief", why would you think more than 6% of Republicans would be scientists.

By the way, if you skip to their "methodology" you find out they left out scientist who were teaching or out of the country. And considering only 3% of scientists believe in "mystical creation", I suspect the Republican total is much lower than 6%.

Right wingers on this site scream that science organization is a scam because the thought of having so few Republican scientists is more than they want to consider.

528-54.gif

Public Praises Science; Scientists Fault Public, Media: Section 4: Scientists, Politics and Religion - Pew Research Center for the People & the Press

Today is probably not such a good day to try to convince folks in the NorthEast that the world is getting too warm.

I'm not debating that it isn't, merely suggesting that when the temperatures are spiking down to 50 below zero (thatnks to wind chill, the actual temperature was a balmy -26!) your alarming warnings about global WARMING probably won't get much traction.

Yep. A good point, in spite of the fact that one of the primary predictions is that the swings in weather will be wider and wilder, with an overall warming.

Hard to think of that when the plumbing is frozen.

No wonder you don't understand AGW, if you want to argue this point. The sun DOES NOT rise as everyone knows, so it's obvious your position on the board isn't to provide facts, but to obscure them.

:lol: You don't know shit about relativity, do you?

Relative to a person standing on the surface of the earth, the sun does indeed rise.

And believe me, I understand AGW. It's a political and economic belief with political and economic goals. The science is just a beard, and a poorly-constructed one at that.

We're not talking relativity, we're talking HARD science.
Relativity isn't hard science? :lol:
If you're going to hang onto this "sun rises in the east" BS, no wonder you can't seem to understand the logic of AGW.
Your problem is I understand the logic of AGW only too well.

AGW is hyperbolic fear-mongering based on distorted data and skewed models with three purposes:

1. Make a select few rich people even richer through carbon-trading schemes, which do nothing to prevent pollution.

2. Massive wealth redistribution from Western economies to underwrite the polluting activities of second- and third-world nations.

3. Increase government control over individual lives.

Last edited:
Yep. A good point, in spite of the fact that one of the primary predictions is that the swings in weather will be wider and wilder, with an overall warming.

Hard to think of that when the plumbing is frozen.

Leave it to lefties to take something and make it fubar'd. They cant help themselves.

Theres been a big swing in the public perception of "global warming" when the k00ks started to blame the freezing cold on global warming. The k00k lefties were getting away with a healthy amount of absurd, but then took it to the level of gross absurdity...........just like they did with spending in the past two years and now they are near extinct poltically. They cant help themselves.............and finally, independents and non-political people are taking notice.

Of course, most of the global warming FAITHERS who perpetuate the BS know they are doing it and have an egenda................and then get the support they need from the special interests eager for a windfall. But then you get the hopelessly duped science psycho assholes like the ones you find on this forum who really believe that when you see minus 50 degree's on the mainland US, its due to global warming. Im fascinated by it..........being in the field of behavioral psychology, its beyond compelling. My clinical opinion is that what we have in these people is what is known as a thought processing disorder...........and if you want to know, its highly similar to the thought processing of the k00k who shot all those people in Arizona. Far more benign.........but highly similar all the same. There is zero doubt in my mind that this is a thinking anomoly. Remember the people in Africa who followed that guy Jim Jones and all sipped some kool-aid and smoked themselves.........all those people were genetically pre-disposed ( mental illness has a genetic code) to being led like that. Just like...............guess who????

Last edited:
Here, just swallow this pill the size of a semi trailer. It makes no sense that we can have ice this far south at a greater frequency and depth, but it is melting like crazy up north. Where ALL the cold air is coming from.

Here, just swallow this pill the size of a semi trailer. It makes no sense that we can have ice this far south at a greater frequency and depth, but it is melting like crazy up north. Where ALL the cold air is coming from.

Is this a serious post? :confused:

Heres an update on the current politics on "global warming"..............

With health care 'repealed,' GOP turns to climate change | McClatchy

Its more bad news for the k00ks and proof positive that, unlike the FAITHER predictions that are always wrong, the skook predictions are always right on target...........

......thus, over the next couple of weeks, the newly elected House is taking up its new job of blasting the shit out of the assinine EPA regulations that kill jobs and bump the cost of electricity more and more. Ultimately, the House measures will end up in the Supreme Court where there is 100% certainty of them being determined to be unconstitutional.

Ultimately, before long, greenhouse gases will no longer be considered pollution. Greenhouse gasses being considered pollution..........has there ever been a more retarded idea in the history of the world?

Forum List

Back