Real Americans

My dentists dad was 442nd. A hell of a man.

Love 'em. Japanese volunteers during Dubya Dubya 2 are some of this country's biggest heroes.

Love 'em. Japanese volunteers during Dubya Dubya 2 are some of this country's biggest heroes.

And in the face of what was being done to them and their families...

...makes you proud and grateful to know there are Americans like that

While Japanese-American families were living in internment camps, Japanese-American soldiers were fighting with valor and dying during WW2.

At the same time, black American soldiers were segregated during World War 2, and they also fought with valor and died in battle.

What a screwed up country we had, and we still have.

No doubt about it, the Japanese during WWII should have been left to deal with the understanding and compassion of their American neighbors.

They were heroes, in fact any minority at the time that went to serve is a hero in my eyes, conditions for people of color were not the greatest back than.

They were heroes, in fact any minority at the time that went to serve is a hero in my eyes, conditions for people of color were not the greatest back than.

True... and it is in no small part due to those men and women, that we are the country we are now. And, really, that's one hell of a legacy.

Another generation and racists will be as rare as an honest politician. I can't wait!

While Japanese-American families were living in internment camps, Japanese-American soldiers were fighting with valor and dying during WW2.

A great many of those heroes volunteered from within those very camps, and their families remained behind barbed wired and at gunpoint while they fought and died for our country. It's something to tihnk about.

A great many of those heroes volunteered from within those very camps, and their families remained behind barbed wired and at gunpoint while they fought and died for our country. It's something to tihnk about.

Thats very true I watched a documentary about it, Japanese men volunteered right from the camps and they got to go but their families had to stay behind, man what total stone cold patriots, it almost brings a tear to my eye.:(

True... and it is in no small part due to those men and women, that we are the country we are now. And, really, that's one hell of a legacy.

Another generation and racists will be as rare as an honest politician. I can't wait!

Me either CG. :thup:

Thats very true I watched a documentary about it, Japanese men volunteered right from the camps and they got to go but their families had to stay behind, man what total stone cold patriots, it almost brings a tear to my eye.:(

Exactly so.

Forum List

Back