Reagan's First 2 Years - 2.5 Million Jobs Lost

Reagan's Tax cuts made everybody's stuff worth more and made it more worthwhile to start and expand businesses. It's so basic even a Librul should be able to understand it.

Statists wingnuts cannot accept the idea that economic growth is even possible without Big Gubbamint and a "Great" President like FDR (8 years of average 17% unemployment) guiding the ship of state.

Is it true he cut tax for the wealthy and raised them for the rest of us? Wow.

This is how it works, kids.

Anything that went wrong under Reagan was Carter's fault.
Anything that went wrong under HW was Carter's fault.
Anything that went wrong under Clinton was Clinton's fault.
Anything that went wrong under Dubya was Clinton's fault.
Anything that went wrong under Obama is Obama's fault, except the few things that are Clinton's fault.

That's all you have to know to win message board arguments.

Reagan's policies ended up creating 16 million jobs.
Gimme a call when Obama gets there.....

So you are saying a short time period is too early to make any judgments? I agree.

No, we're saying you're revising history to suit yourself and make Obama look like less of the huge flailing failure that he he is.

I also read something here about how Reagan decimated the military. What a joke.

How many jobs has Obama lost in 9 months? Employment Situation Summary

Obama has lost 2.5 million jobs.

Total nonfarm ...................| -824,000 | -0.6
Total private ..................| -855,000 | -.8
Mining and logging............| -23,000 | -3.2
Construction .................| -152,000 | -2.5
Manufacturing ................| -67,000 | -.6
Trade, transportation, and | |
utilities...................| -282,000 | -1.1
Information ..................| -36,000 | -1.3
Financial activities .........| -9,000 | -.1
Professional and business | |
services ...................| -111,000 | -.7
Education and health services.| -57,000 | -.3
Leisure and hospitality.......| -76,000 | -.6
Other services ...............| -42,000 | -.8
Government .....................| 31,000

EDIT: Ok Ok I was a tiny bit off, Obama has lost 2,503,000 jobs since taking office. I hope he turns it around like reagan did.

Don't post charts you can't read. The total non farm jobs change is -824,000, not -2,503,000. That's what it means by "total" when it says "total non farm." The total private jobs change is -855,000, that's total non farm minus government (-824,000-31,000=-855,000) The chart you show, has total non farm, then its subcomponent of total private, and then then all the parts that make up total non farm. Add up everything below "total private" and the result is the total non farm.

Forum List

Back