Reagan, worst prez in our lifetime

Senator Ted Kennedy is credited with pushing deregulation of the airline and trucking industries.

Reagan sent US Marines and others into harms way with orders to be targets and then he did shit in retaliation

In retaliation for the attacks, France launched an airstrike in the Bekaa Valley against alleged Islamic Revolutionary Guards positions.
There was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing from the Americans

You mean like Obama and Benghazi and Clinton and the Cole, Black Hawk down, the first world trade center bombing????

Who exactly do you think Reagan could retaliate against?

What did he do to Gaddafi after the Pan Am bombing????

No, it has more to do with the realization of the impact Reagan policies had on the destruction of the middle class and a reliance on deficit spending

There has been no "destruction" of the middle class. I see the middle class everywhere I look every single day. While they're feeling the pinch of the current economy, they're still quite vibrant. If you want to know, however, who is doing the most damage to the middle class you and your jealous class warfare buddies only need to look in the mirror.

:cuckoo:

Damn the facts, eh? The middle class will make a come back, but it has been losing ground since Richard Nixon and has gotten progressively worse since Ronald Reagan started the fast slide with Reaganomics/Supply Side voodoo economics

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_inequality_in_the_United_States

Income inequality is what you get when America becomes just another Banana Republic...

There will always be income inequality because by nature there is human inequality. The only way you have income "equality" is through tyranny and oppression which results in everyone being equally poor and miserable except for the .000001% of aristocrats calling the shots at the top, ie. the U.S.S.R., Cuba, North Korea, etc.

The notion that income inequality is a bad thing is a childish one and a sign of intellectual immaturity.

Reagan, worst prez in our lifetime, No, I think that title is still up for grabs.
Reagan, most over-rated prez in our lifetime, without a doubt.

-American hostages released in Iran? yeah, Carter made that happen. Iran waited for inaugural to strike back at Carter.

thank you for siding with America's enemies as Reagan often did Iran

Nope, that poorly planned and executed mess in the desert did not rescue the hostages. Because of Reagan the hostages were released. Whow the low informed need to read history.

Oh golly, another badass internet tough guy.

Lefties don't hate Reagan, they just think you wingnuts have elevated him to a far right status that he never ascribed nor achieved.

You're proof: Reagan did not collapse the USSR, it fell upon it's own sword in 1991. Reagan had been out of office for several years by then. George H. W. Bush was president at the time, and he didn't have anything to do with it either.

Uh huh. Sure they did.

Sure they did

Please provide factual dating showing that Reagan "defeated the USSR" or else STFU.

Oliver Stone eh....you probably love Michale Moore too.

BTW, I don't consider the cigarette advert anything in particular. In those days, everyone smoked and it wasn't uncommon for grade B actors to sell anything they could just to make the rent.

Some of this sounds like what I watched on that Oliver Stone documentary that is being showed on Showtime. It's an excellent series, I learned about the virtues of Henry A. Wallace and "the other side of the story".

Reagan was a front man.

Just like all republican presidents since Nixon.

Yes, those dead americans and downed helicopters terrified the Iranians.

Good lord they shouldn't allow you to touch a keyboard.

-American hostages released in Iran? yeah, Carter made that happen. Iran waited for inaugural to strike back at Carter.

There has been no "destruction" of the middle class. I see the middle class everywhere I look every single day. While they're feeling the pinch of the current economy, they're still quite vibrant. If you want to know, however, who is doing the most damage to the middle class you and your jealous class warfare buddies only need to look in the mirror.

Damn the facts, eh? The middle class will make a come back, but it has been losing ground since Richard Nixon and has gotten progressively worse since Ronald Reagan started the fast slide with Reaganomics/Supply Side voodoo economics

Income inequality is what you get when America becomes just another Banana Republic...

There will always be income inequality because by nature there is human inequality. The only way you have income "equality" is through tyranny and oppression which results in everyone being equally poor and miserable except for the .000001% of aristocrats calling the shots at the top, ie. the U.S.S.R., Cuba, North Korea, etc.

The notion that income inequality is a bad thing is a childish one and a sign of intellectual immaturity.

Clinton actually wins both awards.

Nope, that poorly planned and executed mess in the desert did not rescue the hostages. Because of Reagan the hostages were released. Whow the low informed need to read history.

What exactly did Reagan do to free the hostages?

:lol:

What has happened to the middle class?

Wages are stagnant, benefits are gone. Workers put in more hours for less pay. American dream is disappearing. College is unaffordable and doesn't yield a well paying job

Meanwhile, the wealthier are just adding to their wealth

Just like conservatives dreamed

And that decline of the middle class has occurred while government has gotten bigger, both in terms of the share of the economy, and the massive amounts of regulations which micromanage things like the light bulbs we are allowed to by.

Anyone with proper cognitive functions would see the causality relationship, but sadly, you don't fit that requirement.

Government grew under Reagan
Unpaid for tax cuts
Tripled the debt
Deregulation of industry
Crushed unions

Beginning of the end for the middle class
what Unions did he crush RW?.....for 8 years my Union was telling us he was going to crush them.....Ronnie never even mentioned them in his time in....

Well to some here
Just the simple fact that Reagan was elected scared the Iranians into releasing the hostages.
Honest to god they really believe that

No one is actually arguing for a perfect state where income inequality doesn't exist...at all. That is pure nonsense. It's like arguing for absolutely no poverty or hunger...they will always exist on some level.

It is a fact that in states where income inequality is wide, the middle class is nonexistent or ceases to exist.. As it widens we lose the middle class. As it widens there is no realistic way for anyone on the lower end to earn their way into the upper end. You get a plutocracy, a monarchy, an oligarchy...

Oliver Stone eh....you probably love Michale Moore too.

BTW, I don't consider the cigarette advert anything in particular. In those days, everyone smoked and it wasn't uncommon for grade B actors to sell anything they could just to make the rent.

Some of this sounds like what I watched on that Oliver Stone documentary that is being showed on Showtime. It's an excellent series, I learned about the virtues of Henry A. Wallace and "the other side of the story".

No, I am actually not a fan of Michael Moore. I don't have a problem with him, but I am not an admirer. Did you happen to watch those documentaries by Oliver Stone?

Well to some here
Just the simple fact that Reagan was elected scared the Iranians into releasing the hostages.
Honest to god they really believe that

Funny, on a similar note: the Soviets resisted Reagan until he softened his stance. It is why when Reagan first left office (before the Reagan Legacy Project of the 1990s), many conservatives thought of Ronnie as a sell out and weak and ineffective in the cold war.

Howard Phillips (born February 6, 1941) is a three-time United States presidential candidate who has served as the chairman of The Conservative Caucus, a conservative public policy advocacy group founded in 1974. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Phillips_(politician)

Last edited:
Yeah, that Jimmy Carter was a real success story...

I dare imagine what would have really happened to the '80's if we had 4 more years of that failure, at the moment I keep telling myself we can survive 4 more years of Oblamer...

Give it up Luddly, you suck at sociology...

under Reagan is was Paul Volcker who went after inflation/stagflation. He was later let go in favor of Alan Greenspan the great deregulator, Randian nitwit who gave us 2007/2008 economic meltdown. Volcker was replaced by Alan Greenspan, a strong proponent of deregulation...

Paul Adolph Volcker, Jr.[1] (born September 5, 1927) is an American economist. He was Chairman of the Federal Reserve under United States Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan from August 1979 to August 1987. He is widely credited with ending the high levels of inflation seen in the United States during the 1970s and early 1980s. He was the chairman of the Economic Recovery Advisory Board under President Barack Obama from February 2009 [2] until January 2011.[3]
Paul Volcker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alan Greenspan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's so interesting how the left tries to rewrite history...

RealClearMarkets - How Did Paul Krugman Get It So Wrong?

I am not a fan of Greenspan, but I didn't see Clinton relieve him of his duties at the Fed...

FYI, Sub Prime & FHA DPA where created under Clinton's helm, the two largest originators of ZERO down loans...

Don't bother them with reality.

These morons are stuck on stupid and full of hatred.

I dare imagine what would have really happened to the '80's if we had 4 more years of that failure, at the moment I keep telling myself we can survive 4 more years of Oblamer...

under Reagan is was Paul Volcker who went after inflation/stagflation. He was later let go in favor of Alan Greenspan the great deregulator, Randian nitwit who gave us 2007/2008 economic meltdown. Volcker was replaced by Alan Greenspan, a strong proponent of deregulation...

Paul Adolph Volcker, Jr.[1] (born September 5, 1927) is an American economist. He was Chairman of the Federal Reserve under United States Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan from August 1979 to August 1987. He is widely credited with ending the high levels of inflation seen in the United States during the 1970s and early 1980s. He was the chairman of the Economic Recovery Advisory Board under President Barack Obama from February 2009 [2] until January 2011.[3]

I am not a fan of Greenspan, but I didn't see Clinton relieve him of his duties at the Fed...

FYI, Sub Prime & FHA DPA where created under Clinton's helm, the two largest originators of ZERO down loans...

credit default swaps and Clinton kept Greenspan and for that he gets some blame for the 2007/2008 mess

Forum List

Back