Reagan, worst prez in our lifetime

Reagan certainly wasn't the golden idol Republicans make him out to be, but worst president in our lifetimes? LOL

So terrible he won 49 states, I guess, and only lost the 50th by half a percentage point.

REAGANSMOKING.jpg

Reagan cut taxes for the Rich, increased taxes on the Middle Class. Reagan was a serial tax raiser.
Tripled the National Debt, made the United States a debtor nation
Iran/Contra
Reagan funded Terrorists
Unemployment issues; Unemployment soared after Reagan’s 1981 tax cuts Reagan grew the size of the federal government tremendously - even more than the Bush Dynasty.
Reagan gave amnesty to 3 million Undocumented Immigrants
Ignoring AIDS; he refused to even utter the word
His attack on Unions and the Middle Class
GREAT THOUGHTS OF RONALD REAGAN

"A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?" -- Ronald Reagan (Governor of California), quoted in the Sacramento Bee, opposing expansion of Redwood National Park, March 3, 1966

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan (Republican candidate for president), quoted in the Burlington (Vermont) Free Press, February 15, 1980

"It's silly talking about how many years we will have to spend in the jungles of Vietnam when we could pave the whole country and put parking stripes on it and still be home by Christmas." --Ronald Reagan (candidate for Governor of California), interviewed in the Fresno Bee, October 10, 1965

"...the moral equal of our Founding Fathers." --President Reagan, describing the Nicaraguan contras, March 1, 1985

"Fascism was really the basis for the New Deal." --Ronald Reagan, quoted in Time, May 17, 1976

"...a faceless mass, waiting for handouts." --Ronald Reagan, 1965. (Description of Medicaid recipients.)

"Unemployment insurance is a pre-paid vacation for freeloaders." --California Governor Ronald Reagan, in the Sacramento Bee, April 28, 1966

"We were told four years ago that 17 million people went to bed hungry every night. Well, that was probably true. They were all on a diet." --Ronald Reagan, TV speech, October 27, 1964

reagan3.jpg

US: 8 reasons why Ronald Reagan was the worst President of our lifetime -- Puppet Masters -- Sott.net

Criminalize Conservatism: Reagan: Worst President of Our Lifetime

Anyone want to add anything?

make up your mind Dudley......is it Reagan or Bush?......only one can be the worst....

Reagans ratings as President are slipping as the reality of his programs are sinking in

I think that has a lot more to do with the liberal brainwashing our students are receiving in the public schools and higher education... Oh, the horror

Last edited:

Overrated military Keynesian, greased the skids for the "greed is good no matter what" philosophy that began the march to the Meltdown of 2008.

On the positive side, probably the most effective and iconic visionary-type leader of my lifetime, worked fairly well with the other aisle, likeable guy. Great hair.

Presidents are mixed bag, at best. Kind of like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Reagans ratings as President are slipping as the reality of his programs are sinking in

I think it has a lot more to do with the liberal brainwashing our students are receiving in the public schools and higher education... Oh, the horror

No, it has more to do with the realization of the impact Reagan policies had on the destruction of the middle class and a reliance on deficit spending

I think it has a lot more to do with the liberal brainwashing our students are receiving in the public schools and higher education... Oh, the horror

No, it has more to do with the realization of the impact Reagan policies had on the destruction of the middle class and a reliance on deficit spending

The middle-class was doing pretty damn well during the 90's with a puss for a President and a strong Republican Congress.

and The Bush Presidency was fine until... Harry met Nancy in Congress

Last edited:

There has been no "destruction" of the middle class. I see the middle class everywhere I look every single day. While they're feeling the pinch of the current economy, they're still quite vibrant. If you want to know, however, who is doing the most damage to the middle class you and your jealous class warfare buddies only need to look in the mirror.

REAGANSMOKING.jpg

Reagan cut taxes for the Rich, increased taxes on the Middle Class. Reagan was a serial tax raiser.
Iran/Contra
Reagan funded Terrorists
Unemployment issues; Unemployment soared after Reagan’s 1981 tax cuts Reagan grew the size of the federal government tremendously - even more than the Bush Dynasty.

"A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?" -- Ronald Reagan (Governor of California), quoted in the Sacramento Bee, opposing expansion of Redwood National Park, March 3, 1966

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." --Ronald Reagan (Republican candidate for president), quoted in the Burlington (Vermont) Free Press, February 15, 1980

"It's silly talking about how many years we will have to spend in the jungles of Vietnam when we could pave the whole country and put parking stripes on it and still be home by Christmas." --Ronald Reagan (candidate for Governor of California), interviewed in the Fresno Bee, October 10, 1965

"...the moral equal of our Founding Fathers." --President Reagan, describing the Nicaraguan contras, March 1, 1985

"Fascism was really the basis for the New Deal." --Ronald Reagan, quoted in Time, May 17, 1976

"...a faceless mass, waiting for handouts." --Ronald Reagan, 1965. (Description of Medicaid recipients.)

"Unemployment insurance is a pre-paid vacation for freeloaders." --California Governor Ronald Reagan, in the Sacramento Bee, April 28, 1966

"We were told four years ago that 17 million people went to bed hungry every night. Well, that was probably true. They were all on a diet." --Ronald Reagan, TV speech, October 27, 1964

reagan3.jpg

US: 8 reasons why Ronald Reagan was the worst President of our lifetime -- Puppet Masters -- Sott.net

Yeah, that Jimmy Carter was a real success story...

I dare imagine what would have really happened to the '80's if we had 4 more years of that failure, at the moment I keep telling myself we can survive 4 more years of Oblamer...

Give it up Luddly, you suck at sociology...

There has been no "destruction" of the middle class. I see the middle class everywhere I look every single day. While they're feeling the pinch of the current economy, they're still quite vibrant. If you want to know, however, who is doing the most damage to the middle class you and your jealous class warfare buddies only need to look in the mirror.

:cuckoo:

Damn the facts, eh? The middle class will make a come back, but it has been losing ground since Richard Nixon and has gotten progressively worse since Ronald Reagan started the fast slide with Reaganomics/Supply Side voodoo economics

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_inequality_in_the_United_States

Income inequality is what you get when America becomes just another Banana Republic...

History, popular opinion and especially the left-wing whining of Reagan clearly point to a greatness unsurpassed in the last century, except perhaps by FDR. Reagan, whose legacy sidelined the liberal/progressive agenda, is immortalized by his accomplishments. He may indeed be the last true great president of the United States; a kind of Marcus Aurelius of American history.

I dare imagine what would have really happened to the '80's if we had 4 more years of that failure, at the moment I keep telling myself we can survive 4 more years of Oblamer...

under Reagan is was Paul Volcker who went after inflation/stagflation. He was later let go in favor of Alan Greenspan the great deregulator, Randian nitwit who gave us 2007/2008 economic meltdown. Volcker was replaced by Alan Greenspan, a strong proponent of deregulation...

Paul Adolph Volcker, Jr.[1] (born September 5, 1927) is an American economist. He was Chairman of the Federal Reserve under United States Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan from August 1979 to August 1987. He is widely credited with ending the high levels of inflation seen in the United States during the 1970s and early 1980s. He was the chairman of the Economic Recovery Advisory Board under President Barack Obama from February 2009 [2] until January 2011.[3]
Paul Volcker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alan Greenspan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

REAGANSMOKING.jpg

Iran/Contra
Reagan funded Terrorists

reagan3.jpg

You're schtick is really boring.

under Reagan is was Paul Volcker who went after inflation/stagflation. He was later let go in favor of Alan Greenspan the great deregulator, Randian nitwit who gave us 2007/2008 economic meltdown. Volcker was replaced by Alan Greenspan, a strong proponent of deregulation...

Paul Adolph Volcker, Jr.[1] (born September 5, 1927) is an American economist. He was Chairman of the Federal Reserve under United States Presidents Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan from August 1979 to August 1987. He is widely credited with ending the high levels of inflation seen in the United States during the 1970s and early 1980s. He was the chairman of the Economic Recovery Advisory Board under President Barack Obama from February 2009 [2] until January 2011.[3]
Paul Volcker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alan Greenspan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Interesting, Reagan left office in 1988 and the economic turndown began in 2008. It's like blaming FDR for Vietnam.

You're an idiot, btw.

Reagan was obviously as ignorant of fundamental political science as his fellow conservatives today.

That's a good thing. Political Scientists and Lawyers are destroying our country.

We could use more leaders who are neither.

Lefties don't hate Reagan, they just think you wingnuts have elevated him to a far right status that he never ascribed nor achieved.

You're proof: Reagan did not collapse the USSR, it fell upon it's own sword in 1991. Reagan had been out of office for several years by then. George H. W. Bush was president at the time, and he didn't have anything to do with it either.

Uh huh. Sure they did.

Sure they did

Please provide factual dating showing that Reagan "defeated the USSR" or else STFU.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do0x-Egc6oA]President Ronald Reagan - "Evil Empire" Speech - YouTube[/ame]

The Eastern European I know say that American Liberals are the dumbest fucks on the planet

What has happened to the middle class?

Wages are stagnant, benefits are gone. Workers put in more hours for less pay. American dream is disappearing. College is unaffordable and doesn't yield a well paying job

Meanwhile, the wealthier are just adding to their wealth

Just like conservatives dreamed

Uh huh. Sure they did.

Sure they did

Please provide factual dating showing that Reagan "defeated the USSR" or else STFU.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do0x-Egc6oA]President Ronald Reagan - "Evil Empire" Speech - YouTube[/ame]

The Eastern European I know say that American Liberals are the dumbest fucks on the planet
I know a lot of Eastern Europeans (I live here after all), and the only ones I know that do not respect Reagan are the quickly disappearing aged communists and a few self-righteous twits who most consider...well, self-righteous twits.

American Liberals are the laughing stock of every former Soviet satellite. You're too fucking stupid to understand you're rooting for your slavery and poverty.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back