Reagan vs Clinton

Nov 29, 2010
I'm curious what centrist independents think of the comparison. That's probably a small group on a political message board that attracts more extreme viewpoints, but I know some of you are out there.

The rest of you, the question is somewhat irrelevant. It's a no-brainer that 95+% of Democrats will think Clinton the better President and vice versa with Republicans and Reagan.

Any thoughts from Independents that sometimes vote Dem and sometimes vote Rep. Who you got as the better Prez?

i don't think i qualify...

pcgraphpng.png

No such thing as a centrist. it's just a label for people to pretend they are the center of the universe.

Blanket statements that should instead be subjective don't make a lot of sense. You say Reagan was the 2nd best POTUS of all time. I say he ranks somewhere in the bottom half, maybe in the bottom 10. But, that's just my opinion and I acknowledge I lean left politically.

There are plenty of pros and cons with Reagan. I think the negatives outweigh the positives.

Most people think of Abraham Lincoln and George Washington at the top and most that are not right wingers have FDR up there also. Others that most any historian would rank ahead of Reagan are Teddy Roosevelt and JFK, not to mention Harry Truman, Woodrow Wilson, Dwight Eisenhower, Thomas Jefferson

Check this out:

Historical rankings of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the last 12 polls here, Reagan averages 16th and his range is 6th-26th, his most recent ranking in a 2010 poll is 18th

In the last 10 polls here, Clinton averages 19th and his range is 13th-24th, his most recent ranking in a 2010 poll is 13th.

FDR is ranked between 1st-3rd in all 16 polls.

Last edited:
No could ever call reagan a teleprompter president... oh, wait...

REAGANTELEPROMPTER.png

Forum List

Back