Reagan Voted Best Post WWII President

Well at least the Dollar and American Patriotism grew stronger.. :eusa_whistle:

Dollar did not grow stronger. For every four dollars Reagan spent, he borrowed one. He made a new record in raising the deficit for the time. He broke numerous laws. Over my time here, I've gone in great detail about how badly so called "Conservatives" were tricked by Reagan.

So I've come to the conclusion:

A.) The people are not real Conservatives, just call themselves that.

B.) They are in self-denial.

But it will be mildly entertaining in 2012 to see the GOP once again dig up Reagan's body as all the candidates call themselves the next Ronald Reagan as if it's something to be proud of.

His work on Patton was even better - but agreed, the treatment he afforded Eisenhower was both appreciated and much deserved.

One of the stronger 20th Century American historians - sadly a dying breed, having been replaced by the anti-America intellectuals that now dominate our college campuses.

You know, if you weren't such a dishonest fool, I might excuse your ignorance.

I'd like to know where all these anti-America intellectuals are. Only one of us actually is going to college currently, and it's not you.

My sig has a great quote, you should read it sometimes.

""To me a real patriot is like a real friend. Who's your real friend? It's the person who tells you the truth. That's who my real friends are. So, you know, I think as far as our country goes, we need more people who will do that."

- Bill Maher

No country is without flaw or error, and that includes America. However, what makes America great since the days of our Constitution is striving for a better tomorrow and striving to fix those errors. But, then there are people like you. People like you who restrict fixing those errors because it would be "unAmerican" to question this, or "unAmerican" to do that.

Last edited:
Well at least the Dollar and American Patriotism grew stronger.. :eusa_whistle:

Dollar did not grow stronger. For every four dollars Reagan spent, he borrowed one. He made a new record in raising the deficit for the time. He broke numerous laws. Over my time here, I've gone in great detail about how badly so called "Conservatives" were tricked by Reagan.

So I've come to the conclusion:

A.) The people are not real Conservatives, just call themselves that.

B.) They are in self-denial.

But it will be mildly entertaining in 2012 to see the GOP once again dig up Reagan's body as all the candidates call themselves the next Ronald Reagan as if it's something to be proud of.

How?

Tell me..

Look back at the Inflation during the Carter Era and then look at the inflation after the Reagan Era.

he surely did. carlo d'este wrote a biography of ike that really opened my eyes as to his accomplishments in the military and as president. long book, but worth the read.

What's it called? Length of a book is no difference to me. :lol:

I had actually read pretty recently a lot about Ike. He is very much perhaps the best POTUS since WWII. He is definitely the best Republican. I had learned about his domestic policy, which interested me.

I had already read a great deal about his time in the Military. It's amazing to me to this day that at our hour of trial, we were lucky to have what I consider to be the two greatest generals (Eisenhower and Patton) in recent U.S. History. Up there with Washington and Jackson to say the least.

it's called a soldier's life by carlo d'este. coincidentally, he also wrote an excellent bio of patton (a genius for war) and churchill (warlord, a life of winston churchill at war), all of which i've read and highly recommend.

How?

Tell me..

Look back at the Inflation during the Carter Era and then look at the inflation after the Reagan Era.

Inflation is a entirely different argument than deficit. Ronald Reagan raised the deficit to new highs. He was not Conservative in many ways. There are certain things that "Conservatives" like to ignore about St. Ronnie. Such as the fact he saved Social Security. That he raised taxes numerous times. Iran Contra (which should go against any real Conservative's foreign policy.) His ignoring of the AIDS crisis until it reached a level where it could no longer be ignored.

His beginning of the deregulation that continued widely through Bush, Clinton, and then Dubya. His secret deals with the Iranians to not release the hostages until the day he became President. He funded Osama Bin Laden, and gave him CIA training. He also gave weapons to Saddam to kill Iranians while giving Iranians weapons to kill Iraqis.

You talk about inflation, here's the deal.

His time in office is like when you got a credit card with a high spending limit, times are great. Lots of spending, you get lots of things, etc. However, eventually, you have to pay those bills back. This is what Reagan knew and ignored, politics at it's finest.

The list goes on and on. But if you want to delude yourself into thinking he was a great President, be my guest. :thup:

Last edited:
he surely did. carlo d'este wrote a biography of ike that really opened my eyes as to his accomplishments in the military and as president. long book, but worth the read.

What's it called? Length of a book is no difference to me. :lol:

I had actually read pretty recently a lot about Ike. He is very much perhaps the best POTUS since WWII. He is definitely the best Republican. I had learned about his domestic policy, which interested me.

I had already read a great deal about his time in the Military. It's amazing to me to this day that at our hour of trial, we were lucky to have what I consider to be the two greatest generals (Eisenhower and Patton) in recent U.S. History. Up there with Washington and Jackson to say the least.

it's called a soldier's life by carlo d'este. coincidentally, he also wrote an excellent bio of patton (a genius for war) and churchill (warlord, a life of winston churchill at war), all of which i've read and highly recommend.

Yes - they are all quite good.

And what do you know, I'm going to Borders in the near future. Got three new books to get. :lol:

And although it's slightly bias to say the least, I enjoyed reading all of "The Second World War" and it's six volumes by Churchill.

Last edited:
One of the most fascinating reads of any major 20th Century American political figure.

It outlines Reagan's deeply ingrained belief system via his own writings.

He was quite insightful, with incredible political instincts and an impressive understanding of the nation he desired to serve.

Truly a great president...

51AV83EZJQL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

How?

Tell me..

Inflation is a entirely different argument than deficit. Ronald Reagan raised the deficit to new highs. He was not Conservative in many ways. There are certain things that "Conservatives" like to ignore about St. Ronnie. Such as the fact he saved Social Security. That he raised taxes numerous times. Iran Contra (which should go against any real Conservative's foreign policy.) His ignoring of the AIDS crisis until it reached a level where it could no longer be ignored.

His beginning of the deregulation that continued widely through Bush, Clinton, and then Dubya. His secret deals with the Iranians to not release the hostages until the day he became President. He funded Osama Bin Laden, and gave him CIA training. He also gave weapons to Saddam to kill Iranians while giving Iranians weapons to kill Iraqis.

You talk about inflation, here's the deal.

His time in office is like when you got a credit card with a high spending limit, times are great. Lots of spending, you get lots of things, etc. However, eventually, you have to pay those bills back. This is what Reagan knew and ignored, politics at it's finest.

The list goes on and on. But if you want to delude yourself into thinking he was a great President, be my guest. :thup:

Liberals forget the reason the Defect was so high was because of the Soviet threat.

For us to beat the USSR we had to compete, and we did and made them go Bankrupt and Communism fell.

While Reagan has its flaws he is still one of the few presidents with integrity and by far one of the greatest Public Speakers.

Liberals forget the reason the Defect was so high was because of the Soviet threat.

For us to beat the USSR we had to compete, and we did and made them go Bankrupt and Communism fell.

While Reagan has its flaws he is still one of the few presidents with integrity and by far one of the greatest Public Speakers.

And full circle, twenty years later, thanks to St. Ronnie and Co, we are now going broke ourselves. There was no real Soviet threat by the 80's anyhow.

You crack me up, you can't even see how partisan you are.

Let's take that last sentence and reconstruct it shall we?

"While Obama had his flaws, he is still one of the few Presidents with integrity and by far one of the greatest Public Speakers."

Now, do you have any real concrete arguments or just emotional ones?

It appears Reaganism is alive and well in America, and coming back in a big way...

Hell of a comeback!

In the two years from Jan 2008 to Jan 2010, Reagan's number one ranking increased from 25% to 25%!!!

WOWZERS!!!

You wouldn't know a hero lil' dogman.

Christ, you were stupid enough to vote style over substance.

YOU, and those of your ilk, are everything that is wrong with this great country!

Last edited:
hey burger boy there is a couple of hundred or so Marines that might differ with your opinion, beat feet and attack Grenada, what do ya think

You wouldn't know a hero lil' dogman.

Christ, you were stupid enough to vote style over substance.

YOU, and those of your ilk, are everything that is wrong with this great country!

If we're going to put up a real hero there, put up Eisenhower.

I wasn't stupid enough to vote anything over anything.

You are making a huge partisan error by grouping in whatever you consider to be wrong with this country. Proving you are one of those partisan hacks who ruin this country with your divisions.

hey burger boy there is a couple of hundred or so Marines that might differ with your opinion, beat feet and attack Grenada, what do ya think
Actually, it was RANGERS who were the primary force in Grenada. They were all quite proud of their accomplishment, and more than willing to go in and rescue those students!

Once again, you lose!

Actually, it was RANGERS who were the primary force in Grenada. They were all quite proud of their accomplishment, and more than willing to go in and rescue those students!

Once again, you lose!

hOOAH!

Forum List

Back