Reagan Said It Best

Indeed.

It's ironic: The Left condemns the US as an oppressive regime, all the while knowing they're in absolutely no danger of being "disappeared" or becoming political prisoners...and they give a pass to regimes that truly are oppressive.

While they support...egg on mind you those in this Government that piecemeal are making that happen...and then deny their intent.
I wonder if they think they'll somehow be exempt from the oppression, simply because they're fellow leftists...?

Thier inbred arrogance would portend that. Truth easily eludes them.

While they support...egg on mind you those in this Government that piecemeal are making that happen...and then deny their intent.
I wonder if they think they'll somehow be exempt from the oppression, simply because they're fellow leftists...?

They could take a lesson from the French Revolution...but if they could learn from history, they wouldn't vote Democrat.

They could take a lesson from the French Revolution...but if they could learn from history, they wouldn't vote Democrat.

Indeed. Truth is after all a moving target. But then all one has to do is pay attention...especially when it is right in front of you.

So in their laziness? They revise history to fit the scenario.

Indeed. Truth is after all a moving target. But then all one has to do is pay attention...especially when it is right in front of you.

So in their laziness? They revise history to fit the scenario.
It's easier than admitting that your entire philosophy is wrong.

Very first post of yours on this thread.

In which I said this:

Reagan almost singlehandedly engineered the borrow and spend death spiral that this country has been in for almost 30 years.

which has absolutely nothing to do with the quote.

Question:

Could I PAY you to stop being an asshole? Give me a starting figure we can negotiate from.

So you just thought you'd interject a comment about Reagan on a thread that had zero to do with him? Do you randomly insert comments about Ronald Reagan in conversations dealing with, e.g. what to have for dinner? This can be cured with drugs.
As for negotiations, I am open to payoffs.

Since YOU yourself were talking about Reagan 4 posts earlier, I'd say you are full of shit again.

What buffoon said the second quote?

Surely no American would say such a thing.

It was reference (for example) to things like this:

BBC NEWS | Europe | Outrage at 'old Europe' remarks

Rumsfeld being arrogantly dismissive and derisive towards Europe:

"Germany has been a problem and France has been a problem," Mr Rumsfeld told Washington's foreign press corps on Wednesday.
"But you look at vast numbers of other countries in Europe, they're not with France and Germany... they're with the US.

"You're thinking of Europe as Germany and France. I don't," he said. "I think that's old Europe."
Germany and France opposed our invasion of Iraq because they had lucrative contracts with Saddam. The supported continuing the oppression of the Iraqi people for profit.

I've never understood why the Left thinks they were holding the moral high ground.

That would be bullshit.

Question for you. Is it immoral now for the U.S. NOT to invade North Korea?

No, they opposed the invasion because of money. Stop pretending otherwise.

Oh yea...I forgot about all those WMDs

I forgot that our closest ally Canada said we were nuts to invade. Forgot that NATO said it was not a valid threat....they must have been in it for the money too

But Bush and Cheney knew best
You just can't admit that Europeans are less than perfect, huh?

You just can't admit that Bush royally fucked up in diverting the war on terrorism and attacking Iraq, huh?

It was reference (for example) to things like this:

BBC NEWS | Europe | Outrage at 'old Europe' remarks

Rumsfeld being arrogantly dismissive and derisive towards Europe:

"Germany has been a problem and France has been a problem," Mr Rumsfeld told Washington's foreign press corps on Wednesday.
"But you look at vast numbers of other countries in Europe, they're not with France and Germany... they're with the US.

"You're thinking of Europe as Germany and France. I don't," he said. "I think that's old Europe."
Germany and France opposed our invasion of Iraq because they had lucrative contracts with Saddam. The supported continuing the oppression of the Iraqi people for profit.

I've never understood why the Left thinks they were holding the moral high ground.

That would be bullshit.
I'm sure you like to believe so, but no, the facts are that Old Europe opposed the war because their money would be endangered.
If there is a people desperately in need of being freed from oppression, it's the North Koreans.

Morally, yes, I'd say we have a duty to free them. Practically, however, and unfortunately for them, it's not really an option.

And you lefties would shit your pants.

Oh yea...I forgot about all those WMDs

I forgot that our closest ally Canada said we were nuts to invade. Forgot that NATO said it was not a valid threat....they must have been in it for the money too

But Bush and Cheney knew best
You just can't admit that Europeans are less than perfect, huh?

You just can't admit that Bush royally fucked up in diverting the war on terrorism and attacking Iraq, huh?
I can't admit what I don't believe is true. NOTE: Your stamping your feet and pouting is not likely to sway me.

That would be bullshit.
I'm sure you like to believe so, but no, the facts are that Old Europe opposed the war because their money would be endangered.
If there is a people desperately in need of being freed from oppression, it's the North Koreans.

Morally, yes, I'd say we have a duty to free them. Practically, however, and unfortunately for them, it's not really an option.

It's not an option? We can't defeat North Korea in a war? Are you daft? Besides, it's necessary isn't it,

I mean, ALL the conditions that were in place for the Iraq war are in place re North Korea,

and the Iraq War was NECESSARY wasn't it?

No, I believe in national humility.
Then try this on for size:

The United States of America is the only nation in all of history that's had the power to take over the world...but refused to.

Good point. Proving how much money we are wasting maintaining a capability that we will never use.

You know when a progressive will be happy in life?

When the military is completely defunded!!!! Thats when!!!:2up:

This is all that matters when it comes to the WMD argument....There is only man who is responsible for his ass being thoroughly kicked and, having his neck stretched beyond repair BY HIS OWN BRETHREN....There is only man responsible for his abject lies.....That man is Sadaam Hussein himself. He had every opportunity to save his own ass......He played games.......Laughed at ridiculously aimed cruise missiles from William Jethro Clinton....He continued to rattle his sword.....George Bush, our steadfast allies, and help from the Iraqi people themselves took that sword and RIGHTFULLY shoved it up his ass once and for all!

Interrogator Shares Saddam's Confessions - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Read it libs!....And learn the truth beyond loony liberal revisionist history!

That would be bullshit.

It's not an option? We can't defeat North Korea in a war? Are you daft? Besides, it's necessary isn't it,

I mean, ALL the conditions that were in place for the Iraq war are in place re North Korea,

and the Iraq War was NECESSARY wasn't it?
It's not about the North Koreans if we went to war, dumbass........It's about the Chinese....They are the ones we would be ultimately going to war with.

Do you EVER have a clue as to what the fuck you are talking about?

Let's condense this exercise:

1. I've always said, amid howls of protest and disagreement, that the Iraq War was UNNECESSARY.

2. The current circumstances with North Korea mirror every single factor that was used to declare the Iraq War NECESSARY by those who believed that.

3. Therefore, those same people must believe that war with North Korea is now also NECESSARY.

4. Question: Why aren't those same people saying so? Are they tacitly admitting that their claim of the NECESSITY of the Iraq War was a crock of shit?

...I say yes...as I've been saying for many many many years...

1. I've always said, amid howls of protest and disagreement, that the Iraq War was UNNECESSARY.

2. The current circumstances with North Korea mirror every single factor that was used to declare the Iraq War NECESSARY by those who believed that.

3. Therefore, those same people must believe that war with North Korea is now also NECESSARY.

4. Question: Why aren't those same people saying so? Are they tacitly admitting that their claim of the NECESSITY of the Iraq War was a crock of shit?

This is of course way off topic.
Anyway, how many UN resolutions has North Korea violated? How many times have they violated the no fly zone? (oh yeah there is no no fly zone there).
Which terrorist groups has North Korean been funding? Which ones use North Korea for training areas?
The situations aren't remotely the same.
Another red herring from NYCarobhead.

Anyway, how many UN resolutions has North Korea violated? How many times have they violated the no fly zone? (oh yeah there is no no fly zone there).
Which terrorist groups has North Korean been funding? Which ones use North Korea for training areas?

:eek: WTF?

More Bizarro Land thinking from the Rabbi.

UN Violations? No Fly Zones? We have 4000 soldiers killed because of violation of a no fly zone? AlQaeida trained in Iraq? Whay don't you give us the Saddam participated in 9-11 nonsense

N Korea is a valid nuclear threat....Iraq wasn't

:eek: WTF?

More Bizarro Land thinking from the Rabbi.

UN Violations? No Fly Zones? We have 4000 soldiers killed because of violation of a no fly zone? AlQaeida trained in Iraq? Whay don't you give us the Saddam participated in 9-11 nonsense

N Korea is a valid nuclear threat....Iraq wasn't

Bush was criticised for the "go it alone" mentality. Obama is pursuing multilateral action. I had no idea you were a Bush fan.

Forum List

Back