Reagan: Killer, Coward, Con-man

I only have but two problems with Ronald Reagan

1. The Iran-contra deal set the stage for the formation of both Al Qaeda and the Taliban

2. "Trickle-down" economics never worked because the corporate world refused to "spread the wealth" with the working poor.

Otherwise, he's fine by me

"In 1987, I found myself stuck in a crappy little town in Nicaragua named Chaguitillo. The people were kind enough, though hungry, except for one surly young man. His wife had just died of tuberculosis.

People don't die of TB if they get some antibiotics. But Ronald Reagan, big-hearted guy that he was, had put a lock-down embargo on medicine to Nicaragua because he didn't like the government that the people there had elected.

Ronnie grinned and cracked jokes while the young woman's lungs filled up and she stopped breathing. Reagan flashed that B-movie grin while they buried the mother of three."
So if I come up with an unsubstantiated, anecdotal attack on Obama blaming him for any of his policies that presumably cause an unintended death, will you concede he is a "Killer, Coward, Con-Man" as well? Or is that honor only bestowed on people you don't agree with politically?

Are you saying that Reagan didn't make a deal with Iranian hostage takers to hold the hostages till after the election for weapons and airplane parts?

Are you saying that Reagan then didn't use the funds from those deals to secretly fund the Contras, explicitly violating an act of Congress?

Not sure..just want to be clear here.

This is a delicate issue. Politics at its very core is complicated. No matter what Reagan, Clinton, Bush or Obama, for example, do there will be good and bad consequences and degrees within.

I would have thought all federal government agencies eventually try to keep things from Congress, and once again there are degrees to this too. Some get caught, some don't. If for example, you need to do your job and protect US citizens, for example, and this means covertly doing your job and trying to get funds via setting up company fronts to generate funds, then so be it. I'm sure Congress and some US citizens would have a problem with this, but it's probably not up to Congress and yes US citizens to tell those in charge of security at the highest level (and I'm not talking about some local, perhaps corrupt, private security firm), for example, how to best protect the interests and future of US citizens and the United States. I just wish those in charge of protecting the US would turn their attention to improper practices of speculators and corrupt investors that will bring-down, in the name of money, an integral part of the United States system; the capital markets.

"Reagan Was the Butcher of My People:" Fr. Miguel D’Escoto Speaks From Nicaragua

http://tinyurl.com/33qwpk

"The 8 years Reagan was in office represented one of the most bloody eras in the history of the Western hemisphere, as Washington funneled money, weapons and other supplies to right wing death squads. And the death toll was staggering–more than 70,000 political killings in El Salvador, more than 100,000 in Guatemala, 30,000 killed in the contra war in Nicaragua. "

Ronald Reagan, Enabler of Atrocities

Yet, even as the United States celebrates Reagan’s centennial birthday and lavishes praise on his supposed accomplishments, very little time has been spent reflecting on the unnecessary bloodbaths that Reagan enabled in many parts of the world.

Those grisly deaths and ugly tortures get whisked away as if they were just small necessities in Reagan’s larger success “winning the Cold War” – even though the competition between the United States and the Soviet Union was already winding down before Reagan arrived on the national scene. [See Consortiumnews.com’s “Reagan’s ‘Tear Down This Wall’ Myth.”]

Yet, Reagan’s Cold War obsessions helped unleash right-wing “death squads” and murderous militaries on the common people in many parts of the Third World, but nowhere worse than in Latin America.

In the 1970s and 1980s, as Latin American security forces were sharpening themselves into finely honed killing machines, Reagan was there as an ardent defender, making excuses for the atrocities, and sending money and equipment to make the forces even more lethal.

For instance, in the late 1970s, when Argentina’s dictators were inventing a new state-terror program called “disappearances” – the unacknowledged murders of dissidents – Reagan was making himself useful as a columnist deflecting the human rights complaints coming from the Carter administration.

At the time, Argentina’s security forces were rounding up tens of thousands of political opponents who became subjects of ingenious torture techniques often followed by mass killings, including a favorite method that involved shackling naked prisoners together, loading them onto a plane, piloting the plane out to sea and shoving them through the plane’s door, like sausage links.

However, since Argentina’s rightists were devout Catholics, they had a special twist when the prisoners were pregnant women. The expectant mothers would be kept alive until they reached full term and then were subjected to either induced labor or Caesarian sections.

The babies were handed out to military families and the new mothers were loaded aboard the death planes to be dumped out over the sea to drown. The children were sometimes raised by their mothers’ murderers. [See Consortiumnews.com’s “Argentina’s Dapper State Terrorist” or “Baby-Snatching: Argentina’s Dirty War Secret.”]

As ghastly as Argentina's “dirty war” was, it had an ardent defender in Ronald Reagan, who used his newspaper column to chide President Jimmy Carter’s human rights coordinator, Patricia Derian, for berating the Argentine junta.

Reagan joshed that Derian should “walk a mile in the moccasins” of the Argentine generals before criticizing them. [For details, see Martin Edwin Andersen's Dossier Secreto.]

Greg Palast

"In 1987, I found myself stuck in a crappy little town in Nicaragua named Chaguitillo. The people were kind enough, though hungry, except for one surly young man. His wife had just died of tuberculosis.

People don't die of TB if they get some antibiotics. But Ronald Reagan, big-hearted guy that he was, had put a lock-down embargo on medicine to Nicaragua because he didn't like the government that the people there had elected.

Ronnie grinned and cracked jokes while the young woman's lungs filled up and she stopped breathing. Reagan flashed that B-movie grin while they buried the mother of three."

Not in the LEAST bit surprising. Ronnie ALSO did this.

Hoover, Reagan, and Spying at Berkeley

A Reagan Legacy: Amnesty For Illegal Immigrants

Ronald Reagan: Guilty of Treason & War Crimes

6 Ways You Didn't Realize Ronald Reagan Ruined The Country

REAGAN BROADENS POWER OF C.I.A., ALLOWING SPYING ACTIVITIES IN U.S.

President Ronald Reagan helped by MAFIA to get to White House | Daily Mail Online

And americans think this guy was such a great man.Beam me up scotty,there is no intelligent life forms on this planet.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
another great link on the REAL Reagan.
so very very well said on reagan.

Right on... But Reagan was also a heartless .Mofo. He made a deal with drug cartels and allowed them to sell drugs to American populations...all to raise funds to support the rebels in Nicaragua. Despite supporting un American and unlawful endeavors harmful to his people while simultaneousy stepping up the War on Drugs against users, Reagan is seen by most RW white males as a national hero. I beg to differ...Dig the bahs- turds body up and throw his rotting carcass in jail.

Was the Reagan administration corrupt?

Last edited:
Greg Palast

Republicans have tried for decades to white-wash the criminality of Ronald Raygun but they can't change facts. He was the worst criminal to ever hold high office in the US. He should have lived out his life in prison. He apparently had dementia his second term and he was easily steered to the criminal activity he participated in but there are no excuses. The buck stopped with him and he used the Constitution for toilet paper.

Reagan killed commies.

It was, is, and always shall be a noble cause.

The only noble thing you bed wetting parasites could ever possibly do is kill yourselves.

Reagan killed commies.

It was, is, and always shall be a noble cause.

The only noble thing you bed wetting parasites could ever possibly do is kill yourselves.

Nice game of dodgeball and evasion there of pesky facts in my links there that he was a traiter to americas and murderer of women and children around the globe.:2up:

Greg Palast

Republicans have tried for decades to white-wash the criminality of Ronald Raygun but they can't change facts. He was the worst criminal to ever hold high office in the US. He should have lived out his life in prison. He apparently had dementia his second term and he was easily steered to the criminal activity he participated in but there are no excuses. The buck stopped with him and he used the Constitution for toilet paper.
:yes_text12::thankusmile:
Notice how pete did not even bother to read the pesky facts in my links he is so much in denial mode on his hero? LOL EVERYTHING you said there was spot on,the ONLY thing i need to add is that he was the worst criminal politician at the TIME. Every president since then has not only contiuned his policys but expanded on them except Trump it looks like.

thank god we FINALLY got a president who wasnt a career politician,that was long over due so we could have a president serve the PEOPLE for a change instead of the bankers and the corporations as Raygun did.

EVERY president since Reagan until now with Trump it appears,has used the constitution as toilet paper.

man this person is awake,great minds think alike,this is what I have been saying forever.

Another of those grasping at straws and considering them sheaves articles. Trumps has enough allies to stop any real move to oust him, Thanks to Obombers unwillingness to prosecute war criminals and thieves, becoming one himself in the process. The US federal government has been hamstrung for all intents and purposes since Reagan rode into town in his 20 mule team borax wagon, if not longer, even Putin noted that in his interviews with Oliver Stone..

Actually it was a liberal democrat senator named Boland who started the whole freaking mess by slipping an amendment into a military appropriations bill that denied funding for any U.S. effort that would have stopped the rape and pillage of Central America by communist gangs. When Ronnie tried to circumvent the Boland Amendment and help Nicaragua, the democrats tried to impeach him.

Carter commanded a nuclear submarine, reagan did his military service acting in propaganda films.

so very true.lol

Actually it was a liberal democrat senator named Boland who started the whole freaking mess by slipping an amendment into a military appropriations bill that denied funding for any U.S. effort that would have stopped the rape and pillage of Central America by communist gangs. When Ronnie tried to circumvent the Boland Amendment and help Nicaragua, the democrats tried to impeach him.

so says the troll who says oswald shot JFK and runs off from facts when he is proven wrong.:haha::iyfyus.jpg:

Carter commanded a nuclear submarine, reagan did his military service acting in propaganda films.

so very true.lol

I've never heard anyone deny or disrespect Carter"s military service,

nor claim that Reagan did any more than make films during the war.

So, what's your point?

...we don't give a F**K about idiots in other countries !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cry me a river
...the world is FULL of places that are shitholes--it was already a shithole long before Ron became POTUS

Bill Clinton authorized the bombing of a defenseless country in Europe (5000 estimated dead) when he was literally caught with his pants down and the history impaired crazy angry left thinks Reagan was a killer. Go figure.

Greg Palast

And you vote for Obama the Drone King. Hypocrisy much?

New Topics

Forum List

Back