Reagan Appointee and (Recent) McCain Adviser Charles Fried

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
...endorses Obama. I think it's pretty likely at this point that Republicans in general think McCain/Palin will destroy the Republican brand completely and are hoping for an Obama win to avoid it.

...endorses Obama. I think it's pretty likely at this point that Republicans in general think McCain/Palin will destroy the Republican brand completely and are hoping for an Obama win to avoid it.

I think that's exactly it. They don't think McCain represents their ideal.

America needs to repudiate the Republican party right now - just like with the stock market purging and cleansing itself, it has to happen.

I think that's exactly it. They don't think McCain represents their ideal.

America needs to repudiate the Republican party right now - just like with the stock market purging and cleansing itself, it has to happen.
Sadly, I think Obama will do the same thing to the Dems. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

I've been wrong before. :eusa_angel:

Sadly, I think Obama will do the same thing to the Dems. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

I've been wrong before. :eusa_angel:

You're probably right. If the Democrats have the presidency and the majority in congress and the house...we'll see a whole different kind of "change" alright.

The last time the Dems held the majority of government It was the early 90s.

They gave us the 1993 budget reduction act .

It was credidted by the GAO and CBO to have created the majority of the budget surpluses of the 90s.

Not one single R voted for it , Al Gore had to come in and break the tie in the senate.

The last time the Dems held the majority of government It was the early 90s.

They gave us the 1993 budget reduction act .

It was credidted by the GAO and CBO to have created the majority of the budget surpluses of the 90s.

Not one single R voted for it , Al Gore had to come in and break the tie in the senate.

Just as only Nixon could have gone to China, only the Dems can cut the budget.

You're probably right. If the Democrats have the presidency and the majority in congress and the house...we'll see a whole different kind of "change" alright.

Do you think we'll see some tension between the Congress and the president? I'm thinking - and I could be right off target here - that the Congress will act like politicians while the president acts like a statesman?

I Agree. It's too bad this concern wasn't brought up during the primaries. If it had, the Republican side would probably have either Ron Paul or Mitt Romney instead of a RINO. But no....Republicans were still feeling shook up after the Election Disaster of 2006 to use common sense, so they chose someone they were familiar with instead of someone who represented the Republican party of the past.

I Agree. It's too bad this concern wasn't brought up during the primaries. If it had, the Republican side would probably have either Ron Paul or Mitt Romney instead of a RINO. But no....Republicans were still feeling shook up after the Election Disaster of 2006 to use common sense, so they chose someone they were familiar with instead of someone who represented the Republican party of the past.

It was my perception that they didn't choose mccain at all, but that they ended up with him because they were divided on Huckabee, Romney, and Giuliani.

No, I think people realized that it was a huge mistake to allow Bush to steal the election in 2000, and they now realize they need to do the right thing, and not let another Republican into office. Al Gore will be vindicated by Obama's landslide win! Take heart, a better day is coming!:eusa_whistle:

Or the "good old boy" insiders are playin CYA...:eusa_shhh:

No, I think people realized that it was a huge mistake to allow Bush to steal the election in 2000, and they now realize they need to do the right thing, and not let another Republican into office. Al Gore will be vindicated by Obama's landslide win! Take heart, a better day is coming!:eusa_whistle:
Do ya do "troofer" stuff too?

Asute observation.

I don't doubt that the Republican intelligensia have decided exactly that.

And FWIW, I think they're right on the money, too.

Bush II has set the bar so low, that somebody like Palin was selected as VP running mate by McCain.

And let's remember that McCain is so out of touch with economic reality that he really thought people making up to $5 million are year are still middle class.

Right. Because they've done it so well in the past. :rolleyes:

Are you really unaware of the enormous changes that occurred to welfare during the Clinton Administration, Gunny?

I recall when welfare was a liftime benefit avaialbe to anyone.

The maximum amount of time anyone can be on welfare is now three years.

You are aware of that, right?

Clinton's welfare reform was written by the Republican party, amigo.

He stole it and they're pissed that he did.

Are you really unaware of the enormous changes that occurred to welfare during the Clinton Administration, Gunny?

I recall when welfare was a liftime benefit avaialbe to anyone.

The maximum amount of time anyone can be on welfare is now three years.

You are aware of that, right?

Clinton's welfare reform was written by the Republican party, amigo.

He stole it and they're pissed that he did.

repubs wrote it, repubs got it passed into law and Clinton stole it?

suuuuuuuure

Forum List

Back